Altisource Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.4
Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to maintain work life balance (in 60 reviews)

• The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 48 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 23 reviews)

"Great Place to Build Your Career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

As my second full time job since graduating college, Altisource has been incredible at giving me all the resources to really start building my career. Despite my position being entry level, higher management checks in with me every day, and encourages me to take chances on big projects, and bring my ideas to the table. They are even supportive in situations other companies would take negatively, repeating the mantra that mistakes are a learning tool, not failures. They really live by their core values, and work hard to make sure that work is stimulating and exciting. From fun team building activities (like Office Olympics, Habitat for Humanity events, and even free baseball tickets) to free snacks and drinks in the office (where the atmosphere is casual and friendly), Altisource continues to surprise me everyday! I was a tad apprehensive about leaving my old company, but I couldn't be more happy with my decision. I really think that the people I work with here will help me become a stronger employee and have a better career.

Cons

The only thing I had to adjust to was not working from home on some days, but that was the nature of the position I took, not really a company wide thing. Other that that, I really have not had any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! I genuinely am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given here, and am excited to see where this company takes me!

Aug 12, 2016

We are so glad you are enjoying your work at Altisource. One of the best parts about working here is you have the opportunity to continuously stretch your skills and develop with challenging... More

"Big Words, No Action"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make lots of promises, thats it. Noone acts on those.

Cons

This is a typical example of big words and no action. When I joined, there were so big promises, was told there is new blood, which will transform the company, but having spent a year I see all are big talks.
    My work – was promised so much by the recruiter, in reality peanuts compared to it. No challenge, manager not interested – everyone seems to be busy making their resumes.
    HR – the less said the better. I doubt if HR exists – yes we do see them at times to create some noise and make some more promises – none fulfilled. If you look at the promises made by the leaders Altisource should have been the best employer but then comes reality. Its so easy to talk and difficult to act.
    I made a mistake by joining here, strongly advise – you will hear lots of big things, how the company is changing everything – all these led by HR, but these are hollow talks, nothing exists in reality. Don’t fall for it.

Advice to Management

Get down to some action. Get rid of those who only promise, shut down HR and get some doers.

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

I would love to connect with you and share a significant number of changes that have happened over the last 18 months. What this review tells me is we aren't doing a good enough job sharing those... More

"Real Estate Professional"

Former Employee - Real Estate Professional in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Real Estate Professional in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

salary + benefits, most weekends off. paid holidays. talented people on my team.

Cons

toxic culture. middle management was clueless to the day to day operations. very high turnover. no system internal system infrastructure. antiquated technology for a tech company. no positive feedback for a job well done but quick to reprimand a mistake.

Advice to Management

hire managers that actually know how to conduct real estate in this decade. encourage the team dynamic. implement systems to assist your employees instead of making them figure it out on their own.

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

The good news is there have been a number of changes to some of our management structure in the real estate space. One of the interesting things to consider with Glassdoor is former employees... More

"Toxic Work Environment and Caustic Managers"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource (Less than a year)

Pros

Depending on your manager, they may be willing to work with you if you need to occasionally leave work early or work from home. Colleagues are smart and friendly.

Cons

The work environment is extremely toxic. Scape-goating and CYA are forms of art in this work environment. If something goes wrong, you will be shoved under the bus by most managers. There is rarely a set direction/goal, so you may be required to constantly switch gears at the last minute. There are a lot of red-tape for every process and every request. Corporate compliance actively wants the BUs to fail.

Advice to Management

You hire good people. Trust that people will do their jobs and do it well. Have a game plan and stick to it.

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

If you truly are active employee here, please come see me immediately. This is not congruent with anything we are of aware happening right now nor in line with our core values that as you know we... More

"HR specialist"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource (More than 3 years)

Pros

great Work Life Balance Great trainings Talented team

Cons

remuneration was a bit lower than other companies

Advice to Management

start trusting your employees more

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

I don't believe this was based in Atlanta. Perhaps you were on our India HR team?

"Learned a lot working there"

Former Employee - Title Resolution in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Title Resolution in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Somewhat flexible schedule. Coworkers were knowledgeable and easy to work with. Direct supervisor was knowledgeable and made the work environment fun

Cons

The company grew fast which caused issues with how procedures progressed along. This caused frustration amongst employees. Management doesn't listen to employees needs

Advice to Management

Have a better attitude

"Dynamic, Fast-Paced, Engaging Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation, decent work / life balance, opportunities for advancement, engaging work, and talented / intelligent employees.

Cons

Communication with management and teams can be spotty.
    Teams tend to be very lean, leading to overburdened employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to build upon the current strategy of acquiring new clients and be sure you have the manpower to satisfy those clients' needs.

Aug 29, 2016

First, thank you for five years of service! Every day I send out Happy Altisource Anniversaries and it is so exciting to see how many people we have that stay for 5-10 years. We are actively... More

"Worst company ever..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their checks didn't bounce and it might look decent on a resume.

Cons

I can say without a doubt that during my 25+ year career in the real estate / mortgage services, Altisource was by far the worst company I ever encountered. Always looking to save a buck, no matter if it hurt the employees or the customers. The worst management team imaginable - from the Chriman, President, to the Chief Administrative Officer. The culture set from the top is that employees are not to be trusted and they are to be worked till burn out. No work-life balance. Incentive program that is completely illusory and will never vest... and if you get close they will change the rules. They wonder why most don't stay for more than 18 months. I was not alone in my disgust for this company. No one is happy there. All of the ratings on here that are 5 star are simply the HR folks or fake reviews.

Advice to Management

Clear out the senior staff. They aren't doing you any favors and they are running off great talent.

"Looking for long term career opportunity? RUN!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked for Altisource for a year and was able to witness the inner workings of the company and a good portion of the Business Units that make up Altisource. They have very small pockets of solid leadership and productive teams. If you are lucky to work in one of these areas, you will enjoy your time at work. From my personal experience, Owners.com has great leadership, vision, and team members. Equator has excellent leadership team over Product, Engineering, and a few other areas.

Cons

Overall, this is not a company you want to join in any capacity unless you are in dire need for a short term job while you hunt for a great place to work. Since I worked within the HR and Recruiting team, most of my comments will be focused on the reasons why I rate the company and this group so poorly. (Before I get started, let me say I really look forward to the reply this post gets from the Leadership as they spends a good amount of time trying to discredit honest and accurate posts to cover their inability to lead a functional and productive group)

1) Leadership - Every great team starts with a solid leadership team. Great Leaders are typically honest, fair, and provide excellent communication. They create a game plan, create action plans, and communicate the goals to the team so they can set out to accomplish the desired results. The leadership team of this group are so far from being effective leaders, I hate to even associate this word with them.

2) Communication - For a long time I was blown away by the inability of our leadership team to communicate basic information, let alone vital information. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to be this bad at communication. Their lack of communication in every way must be done on purpose and as a way for them to manage their shady dealings and keep people from understanding the truth about their objectives. Most recent example was a major change to our commission structure where they started to deduct commissions for past hires that have left the company. This is a major change and one that was never communicated in any way to any of the team members. When confronted with the major commission deductions, they told individuals that was the reason. They never answered any questions or provided any supporting details around how they arrived at the final payouts. The one excuse offered was, we are going to change the entire pay structure in the future. Deflect and avoid confrontation is their idea of communication. Poor communication, YES. Shady and Dishonest, 100%.
    3) Honesty - There is a fine line between bad communication and just flat out lying about topics or situations. This group has mastered both. They go out of their way not to communicate and when cornered and forced to speak, they make up lies that they cannot support.

One may ask why the negative post. To be frank, people deserve to live a happy life and surround themselves with good people. If you join this company, do so with your eyes wide open. Read as many reviews as you can. Some may stretch the truth, but they all have a solid foundation of the truth in the eye of the beholder. From my perspective, the positive ones are usually from the groups with solid leadership. Take note, not many, if any, positive reviews from the Recruiting or HR teams. If you are thinking of joining the Recruiting team, understand the struggles you will face when dealing with morally corrupt and bankrupt leaders. As an added bonus, you get to double up in a one person cube due to space issues and poor planning. What fun!

Advice to Management

"Smartest" group of dumb people I have ever met!

Mar 13, 2017 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback. None of your concerns were ever brought to my attention while you were here and on your last day you expressed gratitude for the opportunity. I wish you had expressed... More

"Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, nice and helpful people, management cares, free snacks, opportunities to help local community through projects with Habitat for Humanity.

Cons

Systems are a little slow. The office can be alittle chilly from time to time. There is a lot of traffic around the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Oct 21, 2016

What a great review to read! Thanks for sharing. Let me look into what is going on with the temperature. Shoot me an email bwilkins@altisource.com so I can get the right people involved... More