Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 48 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 23 reviews)

"horrible place to be if you want to learn and further develop your career"

Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Decent benefits
    - Nice people
    - Flexible workload

Cons

- Do not provide challenges to keep smart/good employees around
    - Lot of politics, management have their favoirtes
    - No transpanrecy
    - Management doesn't understand the business they manage and does not take any ideas from people under them
    - Do not hire the right people for the job. Do not understand the concept that hire over qualified people will be a problem in the future because they do not have enough challenges to keep them around
    - Do not encourage employyees to take initiatives. They rather have a button pusher vs a game changer.
    - With horrible leaderships and wrong people/resources Altisource tend to poorly execute new programs

Advice to Management

Hire the right leaders, and provide them with the right resources to execute business plans. Provide your employees with enough challenges to help them develop and keep them around.

"HR"

Former Employee - Network Systems and Data Communications Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Some good people in terms of colleagues

Cons

Bad HR and IT. The HR never answers your calls and be busy with parties all the time. they lack serious professionalism. QA management is arrogant and disrespectful. lack of integrity and lack of judgment. she listens to one person and makes up her mind. Doesn't think to listen to the other side of the story. highly unlikable from other colleagues

Advice to Management

change management and bring in humble and qualified people

"I would suggest you run!!!"

Former Employee - Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company has made some recent strides in trying to make the environment more worker friendly - but it is still missing the fundamentals in making the environment one in which challenges employees to express their thoughts and respects employees for their contributions -

Cons

Most of the day to day operating decisions are made off shore in India by people that have very little practical knowledge related to the valuing of US properties and or servicing the needs of US based financial institutions consequently their decisions adversely impact their ability to grow the business - quality takes the back seat to production so most major financial institutions tend to discount Altisource as a credible vendor

Advice to Management

Your thinking is incredibly myopic - the level of incompetence by mid level managers is holding you back from achieving your goals - you are in a service business - you have to be able to compete on quality of deliverables - otherwise you cannot grow your business - even the best delivered corporate objectives and visions by senior management cannot be attained without competent local managers that are motivated to not make waves and are satisfied with the status quo - and you need to compensate people in accordance with performance

"Leadership is controlling and lacks direction"

I worked at Altisource full-time

Pros

Nice office space, decent coworkers

Cons

Executive team is terrible to employees

"Goofy Management"

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Regular pay check and pto.

Cons

Management appears to be clueless. Tends poorly execute new programs.

Advice to Management

Management show take time to understand real estate.

"Play with the devil, Sleep in his home"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

none, note no 1 star ratings, Zero good to say about this place.

Cons

After loosing there biggest business contract due to defrauding american homeowners, they fired all american developers and outsourced to india.

Advice to Management

Pray

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Compliance Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Pay is ok, but that's about it

Cons

Terrible management. I'm actually in a position that shouldn't be hard or stressful; however, upper management is generally unqualified for their positions (they were basically hired because they knew someone). Further, if you challenge upper management and let them know that you you're not just a worker bee and you're actually educated with degreeS (yes, multiple), they get intimidated and figure out a way to push you out of the door quickly. The company (at least my business unit) also has some unethical ways of doing business, which really make me feel as though I am compromising my integrity.

Advice to Management

Find jobs that you are better suited for and get out of your feelings when someone below you doesn't fold at your every demand.

"Sinking Ship - Jump While You Can"

Current Employee - Developer in Westminster, CO
    Current Employee - Developer in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Before the debacle with Ocwen, there was some positive direction with solid momentum towards diversification. Even though the building was shaky, one could sense the presence of steady progress.

Cons

Since the stock drop, Altisource has ceased any efforts for long term sustainability, entering a state of hibernation. Downsizing wherever they can without regard for the consequences. The leadership is scattered and unfocused, seeking only immediate gains to postpone the inevitable fall.

A starving giant, cutting off it's arms and legs to reduce it's calorie consumption, delaying it's ultimate demise.

Advice to Management

Brush up your resumes.

"Big Words, No Action"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make lots of promises, thats it. Noone acts on those.

Cons

This is a typical example of big words and no action. When I joined, there were so big promises, was told there is new blood, which will transform the company, but having spent a year I see all are big talks.
    My work – was promised so much by the recruiter, in reality peanuts compared to it. No challenge, manager not interested – everyone seems to be busy making their resumes.
    HR – the less said the better. I doubt if HR exists – yes we do see them at times to create some noise and make some more promises – none fulfilled. If you look at the promises made by the leaders Altisource should have been the best employer but then comes reality. Its so easy to talk and difficult to act.
    I made a mistake by joining here, strongly advise – you will hear lots of big things, how the company is changing everything – all these led by HR, but these are hollow talks, nothing exists in reality. Don’t fall for it.

Advice to Management

Get down to some action. Get rid of those who only promise, shut down HR and get some doers.

Altisource Response

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

I would love to connect with you and share a significant number of changes that have happened over the last 18 months. What this review tells me is we aren't doing a good enough job sharing those... More

"Long Hours"

Former Employee - Reo in Richmond, VA
    Former Employee - Reo in Richmond, VA

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid on time every other week

Cons

Work long hours to keep up with intense work flow

Advice to Management

Respect your team

Altisource Response

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

I am sorry you didn't feel your Manager respected you. Had you brought this to HR's attention? If not, don't hesitate to email me at bwilkins@altisource.com

Bradford Wilkins