Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to maintain work life balance (in 60 reviews)

• The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 48 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 23 reviews)

"Manager, Construction Field Services"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexibility , great team, work out of house, great technology . Best job I ever had! Better than a public agency gig

Cons

Not the highest pay rate but decent. Layoff restructuring frequent with lack of communication and sudden

Advice to Management

Give people a heads up before you go on a mass layoff to plan for their family

"Lots of learning Scope"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plano, TX

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

you will be given multiple opportunities to prove yourself. Great minds and always there to help when in need. CTO has open door policy and he is always there to help you.

Cons

Sometimes crazy deadlines that can be easily met.

Advice to Management

Invest more on training employees.

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

Thanks for your feedback. We have just hired a new Director of Learning and Development and are continuing to invest in new strategies to provide additional training and growth opportunities... More

"Good pay, good tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They pay well, in return of good technical expertise. The Boston team is very friendly and knowledgeable. You can learn a lot. Work hours are flexible as long as you get the work done.

Cons

The business goals are not so clear and keep getting updated quickly. The offshore-onshore model is different.

Advice to Management

Spend more time connecting with employees.

Jul 8, 2017 – VP of HR

Thanks for your feedback. We are always opportunities to connect the business goals across the enterprise. So many exciting new things happening. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human... More

"Incredible Potential - Many Challenges"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Super smart people. Highly motivated. Touches many different areas of real estate, tremendous opportunity to create real change. Compensation is strong.

Cons

Continued dependency on a single client, though improving. Too many chefs in the kitchen. Difficult getting everyone to cooperate and focus. Still resolving some issues from earlier separation from Ocwen.

Advice to Management

Stay the course, but focus on investments that really differentiate Altisource's offerings from the competition and let it stand out in a crowded field of competitors. Stop following others - pick some places to lead, and really lead the crowd.

"PPI Processor"

Current Employee - PPI Processor in Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - PPI Processor in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities for growth and advancement in the PPI business unit in particular.

Cons

There are too many processes in place. As a result, they delay necessary changes on the department level.k

Sep 2, 2016

You have a great team and we're excited you're seeing all the opportunities. Welcome aboard, Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Plano, TX

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very competitive pay. great people. Exciting and fast paced! Supportive management team.

Cons

Unachievable workload expectations creates long hours.

Advice to Management

higher more people and reduce overtime. Employees will be less likely to get burnt out. Employees need a work/life balance.

"They are Trying and evolving"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life work balance is good. The company under Bill Shepro is changing and legit trying to transform to a technology focused smart company

Cons

Business unit communication is poor. CEO wants us to feel like one company but growing through acquisition is tough.

Advice to Management

Keep trying, move forward, higher well.

Jul 7, 2016

We really appreciate your positive feedback. I hope you're finding we've made a conscious effort to increase communication and create more opportunities for cross-unit collaboration. If you have... More

"Mortgage Builder --> Altisource"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Altisource/Mortgage Builder for several years. Pay, benefits, and support have greatly improved since we were acquired by Altisource. I enjoy coming to work each day, and enjoy the people that I work with. We have very aggressive goals ahead of us, but it's exciting to see where we are heading.

Cons

Alti is a large company, so it can take a long time to get things done at times. I think this is par for any large company.

Aug 29, 2016

MortgageBuilder is one of many exciting technology initiatives within our company and we're glad you see all the exciting potential. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director, Strategic Alliance in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Strategic Alliance in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Flexible,diverse,intersting,growing,changing and always challenging. Employs smart people who are dedicated with good work ethic.

Cons

No path for promotion, unclear if work is valued or if they could do without you

Advice to Management

More communication on long term vision. I think I get it but sometimes wonder.

"I really like my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for my department - I really enjoy my managers.. they expect you to do your job and they don't over-manage.. I appreciate that quality in a workplace. If you can work productively and independently - this is a great place for you. My managers are always helpful when I need their input.

Cons

I can't think of any. Insurance is affordable, vacation time is ample. Parking is free. The office is in a building that is accessible via Marta and complex is large enough to get to any dental or medical office needed without taking hours off of work to get that stuff done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and people will keep doing good work for you.. the atmosphere is peaceful and friendly.

May 19, 2016

I think you'll find management across the organization to be similar to those in your department. We have a strong focus in hiring and empowering leaders to enable their teams' success. Glad... More