Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Altisource CEO William B. Shepro
William B. Shepro

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to maintain work life balance (in 60 reviews)

• The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 48 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 23 reviews)

"Great Place to Build Your Career!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

As my second full time job since graduating college, Altisource has been incredible at giving me all the resources to really start building my career. Despite my position being entry level, higher management checks in with me every day, and encourages me to take chances on big projects, and bring my ideas to the table. They are even supportive in situations other companies would take negatively, repeating the mantra that mistakes are a learning tool, not failures. They really live by their core values, and work hard to make sure that work is stimulating and exciting. From fun team building activities (like Office Olympics, Habitat for Humanity events, and even free baseball tickets) to free snacks and drinks in the office (where the atmosphere is casual and friendly), Altisource continues to surprise me everyday! I was a tad apprehensive about leaving my old company, but I couldn't be more happy with my decision. I really think that the people I work with here will help me become a stronger employee and have a better career.

Cons

The only thing I had to adjust to was not working from home on some days, but that was the nature of the position I took, not really a company wide thing. Other that that, I really have not had any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on! I genuinely am thankful for the opportunities that I have been given here, and am excited to see where this company takes me!

Aug 12, 2016

We are so glad you are enjoying your work at Altisource. One of the best parts about working here is you have the opportunity to continuously stretch your skills and develop with challenging... More

"Senior Underwriter in business for 10 years"

Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Senior Underwriter in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Having been in the mortgage industry for over 10 years, I know how fast your job can be gone. I like that here I always know I will have work to do even if it means changing my job slightly, changing lenders, changing roles, etc. Management has been positive in letting me make my job more efficient and making changes to better the process as a whole. As well I can work remote. They are also very flexible with my schedule when my kids have to go to appts and such.

Cons

The only con I can think of is sometimes we get so busy we are asked to work overtime from home... on the other hand I am hourly and overtime is paid well and I'm at home so I don't mind.

Advice to Management

none

Aug 29, 2016

Thanks for the positive feedback. We appreciate your hard work and are glad to provide flexibility where appropriate. We are currently hiring on our Underwriting team to help lift some of the... More

"Dynamic, Fast-Paced, Engaging Workplace"

Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive compensation, decent work / life balance, opportunities for advancement, engaging work, and talented / intelligent employees.

Cons

Communication with management and teams can be spotty.
    Teams tend to be very lean, leading to overburdened employees.

Advice to Management

Continue to build upon the current strategy of acquiring new clients and be sure you have the manpower to satisfy those clients' needs.

Aug 29, 2016

First, thank you for five years of service! Every day I send out Happy Altisource Anniversaries and it is so exciting to see how many people we have that stay for 5-10 years. We are actively... More

"So far, So Great!"

Current Employee - Commercial Review Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Commercial Review Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I joined the Altisource Team back in June, previously I was self-employed and was slightly hesitant about jumping into a corporate environment. It did not take long to realize that I had made the right decision. It appears as though Altisource is in a growth phase of its life and a lot is happening to nurture the positive direction we are headed. As an employee, I feel that Altisource will provide a platform to allow for my personal growth and future advancement within the company. I really am excited to see what happens in the future...

Cons

There have been times during my onboarding where I felt that I was left to figure things out on my own. That being said, my position with the company has placed me in a unique situation as I am the only Commercial Review Analyst. A majority of the training documents and templates are geared more toward the residential side of the real estate business. Taking the existing training documents and templates and applying them to me has proven to be limited. I have had to take the time to modify these items or develop new documents to better relate to commercial review. However, with this "con" comes the exciting opportunity to develop thorough SOP's for commercial review work for the company with the intention of creating a team of Commercial Review Analysts that I will be able to train down the line.

Advice to Management

Please continue to allow the flexible work day, this is a nice perk. I am able to set up my week (within reason of course) which therein allows for a very good professional / personal life style. It is nice to be able to go home at night and focus on the family.

Aug 29, 2016

Thank you for your positive feedback and appreciation for the positive changes that are occurring! We are actively working to roll out a new global onboarding program. If you have specific... More

"L. Wilson"

Current Employee - Mortgage Origination's Department in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Origination's Department in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Altisource (More than a year)

Pros

I am near my 2 yr mark here at Altisource, and have experienced so many pros I must say. If you are looking for a wonderful staff and company to grow with, this is the company for you . Due to all of the pros of our companies success we are able to create more job opportunities and promotions here. The Staff here in the Origination Department are wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable, and work together as a team. I enjoy all of the great energy and support offered here , our company is very loving and driven for our path to continue to go in the right direction of success.

Cons

We are still fairly new as a company compared to others, and some people get the wrong image about us due to this. Our company has some of the best extremely talented employees and that is what makes this companies newness unreal. Our work and success speaks for us , and successful we will continue to be. With all of the growth there are changes to make room for other departments and employees to join, if you aren't good with change you must be new to Mortgage lol.

Advice to Management

Continue having rebuttals with our teams to keep refreshing the Mortgage updates and experiences with different run ins from us employees on a weekly base. Continue the greatness of bettering the company culture it makes the work day a better one.

Aug 29, 2016

Congratulations on two great years! We appreciate your positive feedback on the staff and leadership teams. We take great pride in the people we hire. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human... More

"Good place to work and getting better!"

Current Employee - Valuations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Valuations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I have noticed very positive changes in the past year. They are taking solid steps to boost employee morale (perks, engagement committee, casual summer dress code (jeans) etc..) and have instituted a chance for analysts to be recognized for a solid pay boost after 1 year (Senior Analyst). I have never had a problem getting a needed day off (flexible) and there are about 19 PTO days and 8 or 9 holidays per year which is certainly better than my last employer and good opportunities for overtime as well. They just made a very gracious allowance to retain me as I am relocating 2 States away for a personal relationship and I can't thank them enough.

Cons

New database platform has it's share of issues and we all hope they will continue to work out the bugs. Base rate of pay probably should be a bit higher for this position but overtime opportunities and monthly bonuses certainly help make up for it.

Aug 29, 2016

We are so glad you see all the hard work we are putting in to develop your three C's - Career, Compensation and Contentment. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources... More

"Great atmosphere, great leadership, a great company"

Current Employee - Residencial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Residencial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Altisource is a fairly new/small company. I have been here right at 1 year, and couldnt be happier. It is a great relaxed atmosphere, the leadership at all levels is great, pay is good, and i feel like i make a difference each day.

Cons

It is truly hard to come up with a negative about working here in the St. Louis office. It is a small, tight knit, well run organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The casual dress code and monthly birthday celebration lunches mean more to the staff than you would think.

Aug 29, 2016

We are so glad you're enjoying all the changes we have put in place. Lots more to come! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com

"Winning Team"

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to be a part of a company that will never settle for mediocrity. The leadership here will challenge you to be the absolute best you can while supporting you with the tools and technology that you need to be successful. If you are looking to be a part of a winning team, then Altisource is the place for you!

Cons

I do not have anything to say that would fall into this category.

Aug 29, 2016

We have a high standard of excellence and are glad you see that! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com

"Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, nice and helpful people, management cares, free snacks, opportunities to help local community through projects with Habitat for Humanity.

Cons

Systems are a little slow. The office can be alittle chilly from time to time. There is a lot of traffic around the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Oct 21, 2016

What a great review to read! Thanks for sharing. Let me look into what is going on with the temperature. Shoot me an email bwilkins@altisource.com so I can get the right people involved... More

"Striving for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It is clear to see that this company is working very hard to make improvements. The free snacks, jeans allowed dress code, and employee engagement activities are just a few of the many positive changes.

Cons

I wouldn't say any cons just room for more growth. It takes a lot of time and effort to make changes to an organization.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for improvement! The changes you have made so far are making a difference!

May 10, 2016

We are so glad you're seeing the fruits of our efforts. Lots more to come! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com