Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

Altisource Reviews

Updated March 23, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • Sometimes the pressure can get on to you; disturbing work life balance (in 46 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 21 reviews)

"L. Wilson"

Current Employee - Mortgage Origination's Department in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Mortgage Origination's Department in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at Altisource (More than a year)

Pros

I am near my 2 yr mark here at Altisource, and have experienced so many pros I must say. If you are looking for a wonderful staff and company to grow with, this is the company for you . Due to all of the pros of our companies success we are able to create more job opportunities and promotions here. The Staff here in the Origination Department are wonderful to work with and very knowledgeable, and work together as a team. I enjoy all of the great energy and support offered here , our company is very loving and driven for our path to continue to go in the right direction of success.

Cons

We are still fairly new as a company compared to others, and some people get the wrong image about us due to this. Our company has some of the best extremely talented employees and that is what makes this companies newness unreal. Our work and success speaks for us , and successful we will continue to be. With all of the growth there are changes to make room for other departments and employees to join, if you aren't good with change you must be new to Mortgage lol.

Advice to Management

Continue having rebuttals with our teams to keep refreshing the Mortgage updates and experiences with different run ins from us employees on a weekly base. Continue the greatness of bettering the company culture it makes the work day a better one.

Aug 29, 2016

Congratulations on two great years! We appreciate your positive feedback on the staff and leadership teams. We take great pride in the people we hire. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human ... More

"Good place to work and getting better!"

Current Employee - Valuations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Valuations Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers. I have noticed very positive changes in the past year. They are taking solid steps to boost employee morale (perks, engagement committee, casual summer dress code (jeans) etc..) and have instituted a chance for analysts to be recognized for a solid pay boost after 1 year (Senior Analyst). I have never had a problem getting a needed day off (flexible) and there are about 19 PTO days and 8 or 9 holidays per year which is certainly better than my last employer and good opportunities for overtime as well. They just made a very gracious allowance to retain me as I am relocating 2 States away for a personal relationship and I can't thank them enough.

Cons

New database platform has it's share of issues and we all hope they will continue to work out the bugs. Base rate of pay probably should be a bit higher for this position but overtime opportunities and monthly bonuses certainly help make up for it.

Aug 29, 2016

We are so glad you see all the hard work we are putting in to develop your three C's - Career, Compensation and Contentment. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources ... More

"Great Company That Encourages Employees to Expand Skill Set"

Pros

Fantastic Company that encourages employees to take on roles of greater responsibility, thus expanding their skill set and value. Senior level Leadership is approachable and open to recommendations that "make sense". Smart People. Smart Company.

Cons

I cannot think of any at this time

Advice to Management

Continue to stress the importance of employees applying the Corporate Values to all aspects of their job.

Aug 29, 2016

Our new core values have received great feedback and are a huge part of who we are! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com

"Great atmosphere, great leadership, a great company"

Current Employee - Residencial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Residencial Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Altisource is a fairly new/small company. I have been here right at 1 year, and couldnt be happier. It is a great relaxed atmosphere, the leadership at all levels is great, pay is good, and i feel like i make a difference each day.

Cons

It is truly hard to come up with a negative about working here in the St. Louis office. It is a small, tight knit, well run organization.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing! The casual dress code and monthly birthday celebration lunches mean more to the staff than you would think.

Aug 29, 2016

We are so glad you're enjoying all the changes we have put in place. Lots more to come! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com

"Winning Team"

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to be a part of a company that will never settle for mediocrity. The leadership here will challenge you to be the absolute best you can while supporting you with the tools and technology that you need to be successful. If you are looking to be a part of a winning team, then Altisource is the place for you!

Cons

I do not have anything to say that would fall into this category.

Aug 29, 2016

We have a high standard of excellence and are glad you see that! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com

"Great experience so far"

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Excellent colleagues and supervisor-very hardworking, smart, helpful and welcoming
    Good culture of teamwork
    Emphasis on striving to deliver the highest quality of product and service possible

Cons

Some processes are overly cumbersome and complex, limiting productivity and efficiency at times.

Aug 29, 2016

Thanks for your positive feedback. Win as a Team is one of our core values and it makes me very excited to see you notice our emphasis on teamwork. We are actively reviewing all of our processes ... More

"Pretty much a scam"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Boston, MA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Free food, nice location, casual environment. HR writes nice fake reviews

Cons

Absolutely no culture, very high turn over rate, no vision for products, no plan for service offerings, literally every division is on verge on bankruptcy, CEOs and foreign execs make HUGE paychecks. Everyone else is expendable. Marketing director was related to CEO. Enuff said!

Advice to Management

Stop scamming employees and consumers with fake reviews and the shady products. The churn of cheap Indian developers is enough to surf on.

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Compensation is very good and are allowed a flexible work schedule

Cons

The Culture and atmosphere was really poor

"Looking for long term career opportunity? RUN!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked for Altisource for a year and was able to witness the inner workings of the company and a good portion of the Business Units that make up Altisource. They have very small pockets of solid leadership and productive teams. If you are lucky to work in one of these areas, you will enjoy your time at work. From my personal experience, Owners.com has great leadership, vision, and team members. Equator has excellent leadership team over Product, Engineering, and a few other areas.

Cons

Overall, this is not a company you want to join in any capacity unless you are in dire need for a short term job while you hunt for a great place to work. Since I worked within the HR and Recruiting team, most of my comments will be focused on the reasons why I rate the company and this group so poorly. (Before I get started, let me say I really look forward to the reply this post gets from the Leadership as they spends a good amount of time trying to discredit honest and accurate posts to cover their inability to lead a functional and productive group)

1) Leadership - Every great team starts with a solid leadership team. Great Leaders are typically honest, fair, and provide excellent communication. They create a game plan, create action plans, and communicate the goals to the team so they can set out to accomplish the desired results. The leadership team of this group are so far from being effective leaders, I hate to even associate this word with them.

2) Communication - For a long time I was blown away by the inability of our leadership team to communicate basic information, let alone vital information. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to be this bad at communication. Their lack of communication in every way must be done on purpose and as a way for them to manage their shady dealings and keep people from understanding the truth about their objectives. Most recent example was a major change to our commission structure where they started to deduct commissions for past hires that have left the company. This is a major change and one that was never communicated in any way to any of the team members. When confronted with the major commission deductions, they told individuals that was the reason. They never answered any questions or provided any supporting details around how they arrived at the final payouts. The one excuse offered was, we are going to change the entire pay structure in the future. Deflect and avoid confrontation is their idea of communication. Poor communication, YES. Shady and Dishonest, 100%.
    3) Honesty - There is a fine line between bad communication and just flat out lying about topics or situations. This group has mastered both. They go out of their way not to communicate and when cornered and forced to speak, they make up lies that they cannot support.

One may ask why the negative post. To be frank, people deserve to live a happy life and surround themselves with good people. If you join this company, do so with your eyes wide open. Read as many reviews as you can. Some may stretch the truth, but they all have a solid foundation of the truth in the eye of the beholder. From my perspective, the positive ones are usually from the groups with solid leadership. Take note, not many, if any, positive reviews from the Recruiting or HR teams. If you are thinking of joining the Recruiting team, understand the struggles you will face when dealing with morally corrupt and bankrupt leaders. As an added bonus, you get to double up in a one person cube due to space issues and poor planning. What fun!

Advice to Management

"Smartest" group of dumb people I have ever met!

Mar 13, 2017 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback. None of your concerns were ever brought to my attention while you were here and on your last day you expressed gratitude for the opportunity. I wish you had expressed ... More

"Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, nice and helpful people, management cares, free snacks, opportunities to help local community through projects with Habitat for Humanity.

Cons

Systems are a little slow. The office can be alittle chilly from time to time. There is a lot of traffic around the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Oct 21, 2016

What a great review to read! Thanks for sharing. Let me look into what is going on with the temperature. Shoot me an email bwilkins@altisource.com so I can get the right people involved ... More