Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

Altisource Reviews

Updated May 28, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 47 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 22 reviews)

"Striving for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It is clear to see that this company is working very hard to make improvements. The free snacks, jeans allowed dress code, and employee engagement activities are just a few of the many positive changes.

Cons

I wouldn't say any cons just room for more growth. It takes a lot of time and effort to make changes to an organization.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for improvement! The changes you have made so far are making a difference!

May 10, 2016

We are so glad you're seeing the fruits of our efforts. Lots more to come! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources bwilkins@altisource.com

"They are Trying and evolving"

Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Life work balance is good. The company under Bill Shepro is changing and legit trying to transform to a technology focused smart company

Cons

Business unit communication is poor. CEO wants us to feel like one company but growing through acquisition is tough.

Advice to Management

Keep trying, move forward, higher well.

Jul 7, 2016

We really appreciate your positive feedback. I hope you're finding we've made a conscious effort to increase communication and create more opportunities for cross-unit collaboration. If you have ... More

"Real Estate Sales Professional"

I worked at Altisource full-time

Pros

Lots of opportunity within the organization. Great people.
    Cutting edge technology with a global reach.
    Company provided snacks and lunch.
    Fast pace, you will never be bored.

Cons

Weak infrastructure; patience and an extraordinary amount of flexibility is necessary.
    Weak chain of command in certain areas-less experienced are in leadership roles and are unequipped to handle the job specifics; e.g. unlicensed supervisors with no experience managing brokers/licensees.
    Salary is insufficient compared to the time investment.

Advice to Management

Restructure. Restructure. Restructure. It would be a cost-savings benefit to place the experienced in leadership roles to groom and guide the inexperienced. Invest in a training and brokerage compliance department with experienced brokers.

"Mortgage Builder --> Altisource"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been with Altisource/Mortgage Builder for several years. Pay, benefits, and support have greatly improved since we were acquired by Altisource. I enjoy coming to work each day, and enjoy the people that I work with. We have very aggressive goals ahead of us, but it's exciting to see where we are heading.

Cons

Alti is a large company, so it can take a long time to get things done at times. I think this is par for any large company.

Aug 29, 2016

MortgageBuilder is one of many exciting technology initiatives within our company and we're glad you see all the exciting potential. Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resources ... More

"Director"

Current Employee - Director, Strategic Alliance in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Director, Strategic Alliance in Boston, MA

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Flexible,diverse,intersting,growing,changing and always challenging. Employs smart people who are dedicated with good work ethic.

Cons

No path for promotion, unclear if work is valued or if they could do without you

Advice to Management

More communication on long term vision. I think I get it but sometimes wonder.

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Boston, MA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

We overpaid people because we have such a toxic culture and benefits were subpar. You would be given fake stock in the company (EARs) which will never be monotized. The technology side of the company is a consumer of cash and the company made it much harder to hire anyone in the US since they hired someone new to "lead" HR and Talent acquisition.

Cons

Most if not all company reviews that have a 5 star rating or a high number of "helpful" links clicked are in direct correlation to the HR team being told to do so. Altisource's success and failure completely depends on OCN. If you want a real review and honest opinion, reach out to someone who has worked at or currently works there, I doubt any punches will be pulled.

Jan 4, 2017 – VP of HR

We haven't had a recruiter in Boston for over six months after centralizing the team to Atlanta... and we switched off of doing EARs almost a year ago. So there may have been a time where you as a ... More

"This is a Bad review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

easy to get to by bus

Cons

they have poor management, they play favoritism, and they change the rules to suit them

Advice to Management

get a new set of managers that are not lazy

"Company is unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Nothing because I didn't even get the pay promised

Cons

Everything dishonest they have their favorites

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Not a place to get sick at or go on medical leave"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Above average pay - but that is the only way that they can retain anyone.

Cons

Not a place to have the misfortune of a long term illness. Recently a long term employee who was struggling with an illness was fired after burning through their family medical leave and company leave. Less than a week after firing the struggling employee died in a tragic manner. They didn't even send flowers.

Advice to Management

Without your biggest single customer you are a $150 million/year company. Stop trying to be a $1 billion/year company and check the ego of senior management. The businesses you are trying to diversify into are being done by much better and more successful companies.

Dec 28, 2016 – VP of HR

This story is complete fiction. Not sure where you got your information but as VP of HR I can tell you no such event occurred. Bradford Wilkins VP of HR bwilkins@altisource.com

"Disgusting"

Current Employee - Collector in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Collector in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any besides a salary. This company has no redeeming qualities besides a steady paycheck. Nothing else.

Cons

If you don't make enough calls or pull in enough money it is announced to the whole office. Very embarrassing. Don't meet their standard of how much you should be collecting every day? You will be fired. Treated like children. If you're two minutes late, you are written up. Have to clock in and out, always a line getting in in the morning. Break room is disgusting. Dirty, dusty, gross. Dirt and grime on the floors, water dispenser, in refrigerators, on the tables. Very rarely are we provided napkins or paper towels. There was a water spill left because there was nothing to clean it up. No way to dry hands after washing. Ridiculous!
    This company is so cheap.

Advice to Management

I know you're only interested in making money but you're pushing away quality employees. They are going elsewhere that has a clean area to sit and eat lunch, that has paper towels to clean up spills.