Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

Altisource Reviews

Updated May 24, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 47 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 22 reviews)

"I really like my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for my department - I really enjoy my managers.. they expect you to do your job and they don't over-manage.. I appreciate that quality in a workplace. If you can work productively and independently - this is a great place for you. My managers are always helpful when I need their input.

Cons

I can't think of any. Insurance is affordable, vacation time is ample. Parking is free. The office is in a building that is accessible via Marta and complex is large enough to get to any dental or medical office needed without taking hours off of work to get that stuff done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and people will keep doing good work for you.. the atmosphere is peaceful and friendly.

May 19, 2016

I think you'll find management across the organization to be similar to those in your department. We have a strong focus in hiring and empowering leaders to enable their teams' success. Glad ... More

"Exciting opportunities to grow and be a part in changing the industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Typically flexible with work/life balance. There are opportunities to grow in your area of expertise and work on latest trends, tools and technologies in part because of new business opportunities
    and at the same time by always staying competitive in the market. It feels good be part of this transformation. Open and friendly environment.

Cons

On-boarding process could be better.

May 6, 2016

Thanks for your positive feedback! The opportunities for growth here are indeed endless! We are actually in the process of creating a new on-boarding process we hope to be rolling out later this ... More

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Altisource is a great company to work for the people are so nice. There is plenty of room for growth inside the company.

Cons

Nothing its a great company

Aug 12, 2016

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are a great company and getting better everyday thanks to employees like you! Bradford Wilkins Vice President, Human Resource ... More

"Sociopathic and Soul Draining"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general it is a tough company to get into because of the testing involved in their hiring process. This means that it's a company full of very intelligent people for the most part. HR is working to ramp up employee engagement. They pay pretty well, but unless you're hourly, it's not truly worth it. Even if you are hourly.. it's not worth the stress that comes with it. I only stayed as long as I did because I loved the people on my particular team.

Cons

Prepare to be overworked and in most cases largely under-appreciated. It's also very difficult to move up or change departments. Lots of red tape everywhere because you're dealing with departments that are based all over the world and TERRIBLE communication between those departments. Zero job security. There were major rifts with absolutely no warning. No real sense of community because turnover is so high. Walking through the office you feel like you're in a library, it's so quiet. It's a very depressing place to work. Even the employees that have poured their blood, sweat, and tears into supporting the company could be pushed out if they start to slip.. or for money reasons. Sadly, there have been many cases of complete burnout. It is awful to watch incredibly talented people reach their breaking point because of mistreatment. I was there for two years and never received a performance review. I asked on several occasions for some kind of direction and a way to move up, only to receive mixed messages and false promises over the course of 6 months. Like many others, I had enough.

Advice to Management

You might just be seeing $$$ when you hire highly qualified people, but you will implode if you continue to ignore the cries of those who are supporting you on their backs. Instead of focusing on changing your image on here and encouraging employees to write reviews in order to lure fresh meat in, you should be LISTENING. Every employee should be given the tools to advance in their career. It's only costing YOU more of your precious money every time you have to fill the same position for the millionth time. You desperately need more employee appreciation, guidance, and COMPASSION.

Nov 8, 2016

First, thank you for the acknowledgment of the work we are doing to make Altisource an even better place to work. And for the shout-out to your team; absolutely our biggest asset here are our ... More

"Vastly improving!"

Current Employee - Real Estate Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Real Estate Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company pays attention to their employees and rention has been great. Alot of the negative reviews I've read on here are from quite some time ago and one is recent but being a current employee, I don't have any idea where that person is coming from. I love my job-and love coming to work everyday. Sounds cliche but it's true. As a newer company Altisource struggled to find it's footing but is standing firm currently and the employees have a positive outlook on their futures here! Management is attentive to needs and work with you on almost anything you would need.

Cons

Some negative attitude left over from layoffs a couple years ago but even those individuals have noticed the changes within the company. Lots of promotion within and a constant outlook towards the future has been proving naysayers wrong for quite some time now.

Advice to Management

Keep looking out for your employees and they'll do the same for you. Their day to day is crucial to your success so don't ever let them down!

Apr 25, 2016

We are so glad you're seeing the efforts that are being driven from the entire executive leadership team! There are many new and exciting initiatives including our recently launched Employee ... More

"This was not a good experience for me"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new HR VP really seems to be trying.
    The new casual dress code.
    There are snacks (read: junk food) in the galleys

Cons

Benefits are well below what other companies in the Atlanta area offer.
    Bonuses are discussed, but ......where are they?
    Zero continuity from team to team and office to office.
    Antiquated IT systems and software.
    Still a huge turnover issue in the Atlanta office.
    No ability to telecommute (at least in my department) and a horrible VPN network when you do need to connect remotely.
    Too many small companies operating under parent company. Makes for inconsistency across teams.
    On boarding amounts to, "here is where you will sit. Good luck."
    The open office atmosphere, especially in areas with sensitive information, is not the ideal working environment.
    OCWEN is a HUGE question mark. If they fold or are forced to fold, Altisource folds.
     In the Atlanta office, there are two sides to the offices. It literally feels like two different companies. Again, the issue of a lack of continuity across teams.

There are certain teams that have new faces on a monthly basis. The legal team is a prime example. Meetings are set, meetings are cancelled. When you contact the attorney in legal, you find out they left the company. In the 2 years I worked at Altisource, I have seen at least 10 different attorneys and 5 different paralegals come and go. The mortgage services has been even worse. I literally could not keep track of the people who I was supposed to be working with because they were constantly being fired or leaving. Contractors are also let go on a whim and there is no communication to let the other employees know other than the, "[insert name] is no longer allowed in the building."
    Very little room for advancement. I can count on one hand the number of promotions I saw vs new recruits being brought into to fill the middle management positions. I left the company and landed a senior management position, but my future at Altisource was never discussed while I was there.
    Work life balance in the Atlanta office is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Build trust. There is an overwhelming sense among the rank and file that they are not trusted. The rank and file don't trust management. Too many times we were told, "Things are looking up." or "We had a great quarter" only to see jobs cut and benefits and pay remain stagnant.
    There have been a few times the employees were given one story, but then we read in the news a contrary story (which turns out to the true). OCWEN is past their problems for instance.
    There are some extremely talented people that have left the company and are contemplating leaving the company because of the lack of trust and this cycle will continue.
    The HR initiatives are nice, but many of them, due to past actions of management, feel like an appeasement to keep the workers quiet. The casual dress code, while appreciated, is a great example. It's a nice to be able to wear jeans, but there are MUCH larger issues (IT for example) that go ignored.

Sep 2, 2016

First, thank you for the kind words. While I'm sorry you didn't have an optimal experience, I appreciate the feedback. Most of the things you talked about are on our radar and being addressed. Some ... More

8. "IT-Business Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Altisource (More than a year)

Pros

Good experience, good place for beginners to learn.

Cons

Nothing much to mention, work is more.

Aug 29, 2016

We don't have an office in Chicago?

"Think very carefully before accepting a job here"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, TX

Pros

Good compensation in relation to industry. If money is your only motivator then you would like it here.

Cons

A company where your senses are dulled, your ambition destroyed and your self worth disintegrated. A company where mediocrity is rewarded and talent wasted. Toxic relationships and political backstabbing are the norm and if you thrive on gossip and personal agendas you will be very happy here. Executive leadership sits in Europe completely detached from reality. Every few days a new initiative is launched with little thought or planning and whatever was you priority becomes yesterday's news. Compensation is completely all over the board and you have two people doing the exact same job with significant variance in there salary.

Advice to Management

Instead of just evaluating from top down you need to evaluate your leadership from bottom up. This is the only way you can get true visibility into what is going on.

Aug 29, 2016

Without more details of what department you were a part of, I can't address your supervisor. I am not even sure when you worked here as I started nine months ago and sit in the Atlanta office. We ... More

"Architect"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent people to work with.

Cons

1. Extreme emphasis on offsource development. With little to zero development in Boston office.
    2. No long term vision of where the compnay wants to be.
    3. Very hierarchal
    4. Not trustworthy management.

Jul 23, 2016

First, I'm glad you found one constant across every office in Altisource - we are filled with great people. On your feedback points, without knowing your role it is difficult for me to help try to ... More

"They're trying.."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, Fulton, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can see the changes that we're making to change the culture and environment at the office - particularly the Atlanta office. Although we're extremely disconnected as business units, likely because we're buying so much so quick, we have outgrown our office and are in the process of expanding our Atlanta footprint. The benefits are OK, we do get snacks and drinks for free (a perk unless you're on a diet...) but we have more team culture-building activities that is hopefully going to change this extremely lethargic and boring place for the better!

- we're growing like crazy
    - salaries are good
    - snacks and drinks
    - fairly casual work environment - you can wear jeans
    - they're cutting off the dead weight and bringing in a lot of new talent

Cons

- business units competing for priorities
    - on-boarding is a complete mess
    - our IT is horrible - I feel like we may as well just use DOS-based programs
    - we are still trying to have small company policies but we're outgrowing them

Advice to Management

acquisition is great, but one day it may be a good idea to work on how they will work together...a lot of times no direction is given and we just spin our wheels and get nothing done.

Aug 29, 2016

Thank you for recognizing our efforts! There are indeed a lot more exciting events happening. Were you able to join us at Altisource Family Night at the Atlanta Braves game? Regarding your feedback ... More