Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

Altisource Reviews

Updated August 10, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to maintain work life balance (in 62 reviews)

• The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers (in 48 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 48 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 23 reviews)

"Winning Team"

Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Director in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's great to be a part of a company that will never settle for mediocrity. The leadership here will challenge you to be the absolute best you can while supporting you with the tools and technology that you need to be successful. If you are looking to be a part of a winning team, then Altisource is the place for you!

Cons

I do not have anything to say that would fall into this category.

Aug 29, 2016

We have a high standard of excellence and are glad you see that!

bwilkins@altisource.com

"Looking for long term career opportunity? RUN!"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked for Altisource for a year and was able to witness the inner workings of the company and a good portion of the Business Units that make up Altisource. They have very small pockets of solid leadership and productive teams. If you are lucky to work in one of these areas, you will enjoy your time at work. From my personal experience, Owners.com has great leadership, vision, and team members. Equator has excellent leadership team over Product, Engineering, and a few other areas.

Cons

Overall, this is not a company you want to join in any capacity unless you are in dire need for a short term job while you hunt for a great place to work. Since I worked within the HR and Recruiting team, most of my comments will be focused on the reasons why I rate the company and this group so poorly. (Before I get started, let me say I really look forward to the reply this post gets from the Leadership as they spends a good amount of time trying to discredit honest and accurate posts to cover their inability to lead a functional and productive group)

1) Leadership - Every great team starts with a solid leadership team. Great Leaders are typically honest, fair, and provide excellent communication. They create a game plan, create action plans, and communicate the goals to the team so they can set out to accomplish the desired results. The leadership team of this group are so far from being effective leaders, I hate to even associate this word with them.

2) Communication - For a long time I was blown away by the inability of our leadership team to communicate basic information, let alone vital information. I have come to the conclusion that it is impossible to be this bad at communication. Their lack of communication in every way must be done on purpose and as a way for them to manage their shady dealings and keep people from understanding the truth about their objectives. Most recent example was a major change to our commission structure where they started to deduct commissions for past hires that have left the company. This is a major change and one that was never communicated in any way to any of the team members. When confronted with the major commission deductions, they told individuals that was the reason. They never answered any questions or provided any supporting details around how they arrived at the final payouts. The one excuse offered was, we are going to change the entire pay structure in the future. Deflect and avoid confrontation is their idea of communication. Poor communication, YES. Shady and Dishonest, 100%.
    3) Honesty - There is a fine line between bad communication and just flat out lying about topics or situations. This group has mastered both. They go out of their way not to communicate and when cornered and forced to speak, they make up lies that they cannot support.

One may ask why the negative post. To be frank, people deserve to live a happy life and surround themselves with good people. If you join this company, do so with your eyes wide open. Read as many reviews as you can. Some may stretch the truth, but they all have a solid foundation of the truth in the eye of the beholder. From my perspective, the positive ones are usually from the groups with solid leadership. Take note, not many, if any, positive reviews from the Recruiting or HR teams. If you are thinking of joining the Recruiting team, understand the struggles you will face when dealing with morally corrupt and bankrupt leaders. As an added bonus, you get to double up in a one person cube due to space issues and poor planning. What fun!

Advice to Management

"Smartest" group of dumb people I have ever met!

Mar 13, 2017 – VP of HR

Thank you for your feedback. None of your concerns were ever brought to my attention while you were here and on your last day you expressed gratitude for the opportunity. I wish you had expressed... More

"Great experience so far"

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Excellent colleagues and supervisor-very hardworking, smart, helpful and welcoming
    Good culture of teamwork
    Emphasis on striving to deliver the highest quality of product and service possible

Cons

Some processes are overly cumbersome and complex, limiting productivity and efficiency at times.

Aug 29, 2016

Thanks for your positive feedback. Win as a Team is one of our core values and it makes me very excited to see you notice our emphasis on teamwork. We are actively reviewing all of our processes... More

"Director"

Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Director in Boston, MA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Compensation is very good and are allowed a flexible work schedule

Cons

The Culture and atmosphere was really poor

"PPI Processor"

Current Employee - PPI Processor in Lithonia, GA
    Current Employee - PPI Processor in Lithonia, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are opportunities for growth and advancement in the PPI business unit in particular.

Cons

There are too many processes in place. As a result, they delay necessary changes on the department level.k

Sep 2, 2016

You have a great team and we're excited you're seeing all the opportunities.

Welcome aboard,

"Nice working environment"

Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Property Preservation Processor in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great working environment, nice and helpful people, management cares, free snacks, opportunities to help local community through projects with Habitat for Humanity.

Cons

Systems are a little slow. The office can be alittle chilly from time to time. There is a lot of traffic around the office.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Oct 21, 2016

What a great review to read! Thanks for sharing. Let me look into what is going on with the temperature. Shoot me an email bwilkins@altisource.com so I can get the right people involved... More

"Striving for improvement"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

It is clear to see that this company is working very hard to make improvements. The free snacks, jeans allowed dress code, and employee engagement activities are just a few of the many positive changes.

Cons

I wouldn't say any cons just room for more growth. It takes a lot of time and effort to make changes to an organization.

Advice to Management

Keep striving for improvement! The changes you have made so far are making a difference!

May 10, 2016

We are so glad you're seeing the fruits of our efforts. Lots more to come!

"Team Lead"

Former Employee - Team Lead in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Team Lead in Plano, TX

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

very competitive pay. great people. Exciting and fast paced! Supportive management team.

Cons

Unachievable workload expectations creates long hours.

Advice to Management

higher more people and reduce overtime. Employees will be less likely to get burnt out. Employees need a work/life balance.

"company review"

Current Employee - Coordinator
    Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The HR department at Uruguay Office's has done a terrific job this year. They have come up with fun approaches that make a pleasant work experience at the office.

Cons

nothing negative to share.

"Best decision to join Altisource!"

Pros

It was the best decision to join Altisource. The people here are extremely talented, smart and best of all friendly! The Managers are accessible and most sit right with the employees and not behind closed doors. It feels like family here.
    The team I am a part of has monthly employee engagement activities, fun contests and giveaways to keep the employees involved and help them to get to know each other better.
    When I see something that I feel needs to be improved, my manager supports me and gives me the ability to make the changes. There is no red tape that you would find at other large employers. This company is growing and I would encourage anyone who is interested in working with great people and wants opportunities to grow with the company to consider joining.

Cons

The only con I can think of is technology related. Occasionally I have a technical issue and it takes longer than I would like to get it resolved. I know they are working on process improvement changes in this area so I'm hopeful.

Advice to Management

Great job! Keep growing your teams, staying positive with your employees and rewarding them.

Jun 14, 2016

Really appreciate the kind words and the recognition of the work everyone is doing to make this a great place to work!