Altisource Reviews | Glassdoor

Altisource Reviews

Updated October 17, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Easy to maintain work life balance (in 62 reviews)

• The company provides a great work environment and I really enjoy working with my co-workers (in 51 reviews)

Cons
  • No work life balance (Flexibility is a curse in disguise) (in 48 reviews)

• Anytime Firing, No Work Life Balance, (in 23 reviews)

"Company is unorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Nothing because I didn't even get the pay promised

Cons

Everything dishonest they have their favorites

Advice to Management

Get it together

"Not a place to get sick at or go on medical leave"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Above average pay - but that is the only way that they can retain anyone.

Cons

Not a place to have the misfortune of a long term illness. Recently a long term employee who was struggling with an illness was fired after burning through their family medical leave and company leave. Less than a week after firing the struggling employee died in a tragic manner. They didn't even send flowers.

Advice to Management

Without your biggest single customer you are a $150 million/year company. Stop trying to be a $1 billion/year company and check the ego of senior management. The businesses you are trying to diversify into are being done by much better and more successful companies.

Dec 28, 2016 – VP of HR

This story is complete fiction. Not sure where you got your information but as VP of HR I can tell you no such event occurred.

Bradford Wilkins
    VP of HR
    bwilkins@altisource.com

"I really like my job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I can only speak for my department - I really enjoy my managers.. they expect you to do your job and they don't over-manage.. I appreciate that quality in a workplace. If you can work productively and independently - this is a great place for you. My managers are always helpful when I need their input.

Cons

I can't think of any. Insurance is affordable, vacation time is ample. Parking is free. The office is in a building that is accessible via Marta and complex is large enough to get to any dental or medical office needed without taking hours off of work to get that stuff done.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and people will keep doing good work for you.. the atmosphere is peaceful and friendly.

May 19, 2016

I think you'll find management across the organization to be similar to those in your department. We have a strong focus in hiring and empowering leaders to enable their teams' success.

Glad... More

"Disgusting"

Current Employee - Collector in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Collector in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Altisource full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I honestly can't think of any besides a salary. This company has no redeeming qualities besides a steady paycheck. Nothing else.

Cons

If you don't make enough calls or pull in enough money it is announced to the whole office. Very embarrassing. Don't meet their standard of how much you should be collecting every day? You will be fired. Treated like children. If you're two minutes late, you are written up. Have to clock in and out, always a line getting in in the morning. Break room is disgusting. Dirty, dusty, gross. Dirt and grime on the floors, water dispenser, in refrigerators, on the tables. Very rarely are we provided napkins or paper towels. There was a water spill left because there was nothing to clean it up. No way to dry hands after washing. Ridiculous!
    This company is so cheap.

Advice to Management

I know you're only interested in making money but you're pushing away quality employees. They are going elsewhere that has a clean area to sit and eat lunch, that has paper towels to clean up spills.

"Exciting opportunities to grow and be a part in changing the industry"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Altisource full-time

Pros

Typically flexible with work/life balance. There are opportunities to grow in your area of expertise and work on latest trends, tools and technologies in part because of new business opportunities
    and at the same time by always staying competitive in the market. It feels good be part of this transformation. Open and friendly environment.

Cons

On-boarding process could be better.

May 6, 2016

Thanks for your positive feedback! The opportunities for growth here are indeed endless! We are actually in the process of creating a new on-boarding process we hope to be rolling out later this... More

"Growing Pains"

Pros

Growing company; more opportunities for growth

Cons

Since it is a growing company, it is still trying to evolve in terms of development of its staff. Promotion from within is very difficult because there are not established processes.

"Great Company!"

Current Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Office Manager in Saint Louis, MO

Pros

Altisource is a great company to work for the people are so nice. There is plenty of room for growth inside the company.

Cons

Nothing its a great company

Aug 12, 2016

Thank you so much for the positive feedback. We are a great company and getting better everyday thanks to employees like you!

Bradford Wilkins
    Vice President, Human Resource... More

"Sociopathic and Soul Draining"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Altisource full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general it is a tough company to get into because of the testing involved in their hiring process. This means that it's a company full of very intelligent people for the most part. HR is working to ramp up employee engagement. They pay pretty well, but unless you're hourly, it's not truly worth it. Even if you are hourly.. it's not worth the stress that comes with it. I only stayed as long as I did because I loved the people on my particular team.

Cons

Prepare to be overworked and in most cases largely under-appreciated. It's also very difficult to move up or change departments. Lots of red tape everywhere because you're dealing with departments that are based all over the world and TERRIBLE communication between those departments. Zero job security. There were major rifts with absolutely no warning. No real sense of community because turnover is so high. Walking through the office you feel like you're in a library, it's so quiet. It's a very depressing place to work. Even the employees that have poured their blood, sweat, and tears into supporting the company could be pushed out if they start to slip.. or for money reasons. Sadly, there have been many cases of complete burnout. It is awful to watch incredibly talented people reach their breaking point because of mistreatment. I was there for two years and never received a performance review. I asked on several occasions for some kind of direction and a way to move up, only to receive mixed messages and false promises over the course of 6 months. Like many others, I had enough.

Advice to Management

You might just be seeing $$$ when you hire highly qualified people, but you will implode if you continue to ignore the cries of those who are supporting you on their backs. Instead of focusing on changing your image on here and encouraging employees to write reviews in order to lure fresh meat in, you should be LISTENING. Every employee should be given the tools to advance in their career. It's only costing YOU more of your precious money every time you have to fill the same position for the millionth time. You desperately need more employee appreciation, guidance, and COMPASSION.

Nov 8, 2016

First, thank you for the acknowledgment of the work we are doing to make Altisource an even better place to work. And for the shout-out to your team; absolutely our biggest asset here are our... More

"Some of these Glassdoor reviews are FAKE!"

I worked at Altisource full-time

Pros

First off, I know first hand that there are no Senior Underwriters in St. Louis that have been in the office for over three years, yet there is a review of what that currently works there that turns a con and spins it into a positive. GIVE ME A BREAK! I can't stand the fakeness of these efforts to increase Glassdoor Score. People please do not just view the popular or "helpful" reviews as those are clicked on internally by the HR Team in order to put them at the top of the list. Look by date and you will get true, honest reviews. Unethical HR practice!

Cons

Let's not get started here...

Advice to Management

Please do not post anymore fake reviews. Thanks!! For every fake review I see, I will be happy to include an honest review.

Nov 3, 2016

I think you're misunderstanding how the site works. 50% of our St. Louis office has been with Altisource for more than three years. That doesn't necessarily mean they have been in that particular... More

"Vastly improving!"

Current Employee - Real Estate Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Real Estate Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Altisource full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company pays attention to their employees and rention has been great. Alot of the negative reviews I've read on here are from quite some time ago and one is recent but being a current employee, I don't have any idea where that person is coming from. I love my job-and love coming to work everyday. Sounds cliche but it's true. As a newer company Altisource struggled to find it's footing but is standing firm currently and the employees have a positive outlook on their futures here! Management is attentive to needs and work with you on almost anything you would need.

Cons

Some negative attitude left over from layoffs a couple years ago but even those individuals have noticed the changes within the company. Lots of promotion within and a constant outlook towards the future has been proving naysayers wrong for quite some time now.

Advice to Management

Keep looking out for your employees and they'll do the same for you. Their day to day is crucial to your success so don't ever let them down!

Apr 25, 2016

We are so glad you're seeing the efforts that are being driven from the entire executive leadership team! There are many new and exciting initiatives including our recently launched Employee... More