KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Altium Limited

Engaged Employer

Altium Limited

Add a Review

Altium Limited Employee Reviews about "communication"

Updated Aug 10, 2022

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Altium Limited and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "communication"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

High Pressure Environment with Micro Management

Jun 24, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people, benefits, and products.

Cons

Huge quotas, difficult to hit. Constant changes over the years in compensation packages made to now make less income, and with caps. Many of the senior level and experienced sales people have left, leaving a staff of people with less experience, especially from the industry, therefore, lesser pay. Lack of communication from upper management on changes to policies, processes and vision. HR is a joke. Just keep your mouth closed and don't complain. Altium does not value their employees as they did quite a few years ago. You are replaceable by their means.

5 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee

I have never seen such a high turnover rate or disregard for employees until I came to work for Altium.

Mar 11, 2015 - Anonymous
    Business Outlook

Pros

meals provided and your coworkers are genuinely nice. Most realize that the company has real poor management and communication skills, so its pretty normal for many to have to rely on each other.

Cons

The constant fear of loosing your job. On my first day of work, I witnessed 3 people who were fired with no warning, so it was a very emotional thing to witness since many tears were shed. The reasons were explained away, but Altium does not typically issue warnings or allow second chances. Altium claims to have yearly performance reviews so that your managers can give you constructive feedback, but I never saw those implemented. I saw many people fired during the year that I worked for Altium, and each time, their responsibilities were dumped on someone else- meaning more work for the remaining employees and no pay incentive or bonus justify it. The high turnover rate makes it hard to feel valued as an employee, especially when the company would rather hire someone for less money, than promote from within.

6 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Feb 13, 2022 - Senior Sales Manager in Sydney
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very caring and concerning team. Excellent work environment. Fantastic offices.

Cons

Inter office communication needs to be improved.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

The StartUp that will never become an Enterprise -Better than a Netflix Show

May 15, 2021 - Digital Sales Representative in Munich, Bavaria
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Product that almost sells on its own

Cons

Incompetent Management: that is unable to stand up to the US, where all the Senior MNGT thinks that you are stupid and you need to be Micro-managed. Inesxistent HR: they are there only for documentation purposes and that's it. Lack of clarity: on every decision and direction taken, no communication no questions asked to the employees...nothing! Just shut up and get on with it! Bias decisions: If you do not play the same music...you will not sing the song! You have to be the 'yes sir' kind of person...at all times! Ridiculous Pressure: they say it's sales...but it's a call center! They will demand dozens and dozens of calls...daily! They will make sure that everyone is against everyone while they say 'we are a team'! And the icing on the top of the cake: it is 2021...and if you are a woman, just wait for the comments, the 'jokes', the 'innuendos'... It is horrible! To conclude: Avoid!

3 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great people but not clear opportunities to grow

Aug 1, 2019 - Software Developer in Moscow, Moskva
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great team and team-lead -Flexible working hours -Without corporate BS -Full or partial financial coverage by company for training courses, participation in conferences, medical insurance, lunches -Interesting tasks

Cons

-Not clear opportunities to grow -Not so good communication between RnD and Marketing teams. Sometimes users stay unaware of new features -Sometimes there is a mess with upcoming releases and it creates a non-health work environment

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Best Company EVER for Work-life Balance!!!

Dec 28, 2021 - SEO Manager in La Jolla, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Working for a company that values the work/life balance and shows it through flexible hours is incredible! In Altium, productivity, excellence, and talent are valued independently from work hours. It's not about how hard it seems you are working. It's all about what you deliver. I'm never micromanaged but in constant rapport with my peers and superiors at the bases of Integrity, communication, gratitude, respect, courage, and LOTS of humor ;) I can't believe how much I'm growing in this fast-paced yet relaxed environment.

Cons

The company it's product-specific. If you aren't digging deep into a new topic, it's not for you!

7. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company to work for!

Jun 23, 2022 - Copywriter
    Business Outlook

Pros

Have a great supervisor. Support is above and beyond. I work remotely so the team including the supervisor has made extra sides to be inclusive and deliver solid communication about my responsibilities.

Cons

Just nervous about the recession. I really like working for Altium. I hope to be working there for a long time.

8. 2.0