KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Altium Limited

Engaged Employer

Altium Limited

Add a Review

Altium Limited Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Aug 10, 2022

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Altium Limited and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

Good starting place. Awesome culture

Aug 19, 2021 - Marketing Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a great company to start your career but do not expect to actually grow here. Management is very political and only care about themselves. I had several managers who none of which actually offered any mentorship or tools to help me grow. If you made a mistake, everyone knew, there ere no teaching moments

Cons

They do not conduct any performance reviews so basically only if you are accepted by the popular kids you get to keep your job.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 2.0

Account Manager

Mar 27, 2019 - Account Manager in Westwood, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great place to get intro level sales experience. -Free lunches. -Thats all I can think of.

Cons

-upper management is made up of an older generation that have been pushed out from management positions at competitor companies in the industry. - All top performing Account Managers and Account Executives And Field Application Engineers in the US have left with in the last 6 months. - The only thing the upper management cares about is driving up the stock price on a stock that is over inflated.

10 people found this review helpful
  3. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Altium - Think twice before you commit

Aug 14, 2016 - Technical in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Could be a really great Company to work for if the replaced the management team. Good software development team. Good technical document team. Pay fair

Cons

You need to speak Russian and think like one. The COO should retire and the CEO should think about PCB Layout tools and not tractors. Don't put your future in managements hands they may just chop off your head. If they don't agree with your suggestions.

5 people found this review helpful
  4. 4.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Challenging and great teamwork

Sep 28, 2014 - Sales in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people and great teamwork in helping each other succeed. Sense of camaraderie and management was fairly supportive and provided necessary guidance to help you succeed. First job I had where employer provided breakfast and lunch for employees.

Cons

Internal policies not well established and direction for personal and career growth not defined. Human Resources was lacking in resources and professionalism .

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Regional Account Manager

Aug 28, 2014 - Regional Sales in Carlsbad, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Management and growth minded

Cons

I don't really have anything negative to say about my 5 years experience with the company. I left because I had no further growth in my career path but that's because no one ever left.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great place to work

Apr 13, 2022 - Technical Engineer in La Jolla, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health insurance benefits and personal time-off.

Cons

Management sometimes tries different strategies that are not effective or brings no revenue to the table.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee

I used to love it but not anymore

Jul 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

One thing very good is there is very little micro management (maybe depends on the manager)

Cons

I don’t think Altium cares about their employees or customers that much.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Altium, a great place to work for and hone your skills!

Jun 17, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company provides generous benefits, competitive pay and I love the working environment. - Very approachable management that encourages you to voice out your thoughts and ideas. - When Covid hit, Altium's management adapted to the times and was able to have all its staff work from home and continue to be productive.

Cons

The company adapts to changes very quickly and if you are not flexible, it may not be the right fit for you. I personally do not find it a con but a challenge t