KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Altru Health Reviews

Updated Jan 9, 2022

Found 125 of over 134 reviews

3.3
Altru Health CEO Dave Molmen (no image)
Dave Molmen
Pros
  • "Have worked with Altru for over 20 years(in 9 reviews)

• "Good benefits & flexible schedule(in 6 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cons upper management is worried about numbers and it affects people trying to provide the care in negative ways, always short staffed with nursing(in 8 reviews)

• "Currently, locum nurses and physicians are supporting deficiencies in staffing(in 7 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals
    1. 5.0

Awesome job to work

Sep 29, 2021 - Registered Nurse
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work and learn

Cons

Short staffed due to Covid

Human Resource Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! If you ever need to reach out to HR about your staffing concerns, please contact us at 701-780-5107. Otherwise, it is good to hear you are enjoying your overall experience with us!

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Optimistic

Jan 9, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Grand Forks, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

We have received 2 cost of living raises in the last year.

Cons

We have to use our own personal PTO for holiday pay. If you do not have any PTO built up, you do not get any holiday pay; therefore, the day off for the holiday is just a day off without pay.

Human Resource Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! We appreciate the feedback. If you would like to discuss this or anything else further, please contact us at 701-780-5107.

3. 3.0

Rn in Dialysis Unit

Dec 12, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Devils Lake, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good hours, 3 twelve hour shifts a week

Cons

Current management creates an uncomfortable work environment by ignoring the concerns of many of their nurses regarding improper practices occurring in the unit and unfair treatment of their own employees. Current management treats each employee differently based off of their personal opinion of that individual, rather than focusing on the quality of the care the nurse is providing to their patients. This is unfair to the employees as it creates unclear expectations of the standard procedures each nurse is expected to follow when providing care for their patients. This is detrimental to the quality of care the patients are receiving. Each nurse is being held to a different standard based off of the personal opinion of their superior, which leads to inconsistencies in how patients are treated depending on the nurse. These concerns have been brought to the supervisor's attention by multiple nurses on multiple occasions, yet they continue to be ignored and the issues continue to persist.

HR Consultant

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience. We would be interested in learning more about your concerns - please feel free to reach out to Human Resources at 701-780-5107 to share more.

4. 4.0

Dec 11, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Altru is dedicated to improving and providing quality care

Cons

Leadership doesn't follow through with behavior standards

HR Consultant

We appreciate you taking your time to give feedback. If ever you'd like to share your specific experience further, please reach out to HR at 701-780-5107.

5. 4.0

Float Pool CNA

Nov 17, 2021 - CNA Float Pool in Grand Forks, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

Manager is easy to reach and very kind Always hours to pick up Good incentive pay

Cons

Understaffed Float pool is sometimes not treated as well by unit nurses

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Therapy Department

Oct 17, 2021 - Occupational Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The therapy department works very well together and is in constant communication with the patient and the patient’s care team to deliver quality care.

Cons

Financial state of the company is improving so raises are coming back. (Not a con)

HR Consultant

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience! Thank you for your honest feedback!

7. 4.0

Ok

Oct 6, 2021 - RN Staff Nurse in Grand Forks, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good teamwork and opportunities to advance

Cons

Poor management and little respect for nurses

HR Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to share your honest review. If you'd like to discuss your concerns or experience further, please reach out to HR at 701-780-5107.

8. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just run

Sep 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Pays nurses more than Sanford health

Cons

No raise in past 3 years. Patient and employee safety concerns are not addressed appropriately. Unsafe patient to staff ratios. Several employees on my unit are crying during each shift due to work overload & short staffing. No effort or incentive for retention of current employees. They have cut every corner to save themselves money, such as no social workers, chaplains, wound care, or palliative care on the weekends. I consistently feel that my practicing license is in jeopardy when working at this facility.

Human Resource Consultant

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. If you'd like to discuss your concerns or experience further, please reach out to HR at 701-780-5107.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee

Good company to work for

Aug 24, 2021 - Speech-Language Pathologist in Argyle, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

I am able to set my own schedule according to my needs.

Cons

I spend on average 4 hours of drive time per day.

Human Resource Consultant

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience! If ever you'd like to share your experience further, please feel free to reach out to HR at 701-780-5107.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

Jul 13, 2021 - Certified Nursing Assistant CNA in Grand Forks, ND
      Business Outlook

Pros

Management cares about the wellbeing of the nursing staff and tries their best to support the wellbeing of each employee, respecting time off requests, etc. There is always opportunities to pick up more shifts!

Cons

Turnover is challenging at this location and in hospitals in general, so can feel like you are overworked

HR Consultant

We appreciate you taking your time to share your experience! Thank you for your honest feedback.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 125 Reviews

Altru Health Reviews FAQs

63% of Altru Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Altru Health 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Altru Health to be culture, career development, benefits and the cons to be management .

Popular Careers with Altru Health Job Seekers