Alturas Analytics, Inc Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 4, 2017

3.4
Robin Woods

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great team and a growing company"

I worked at Alturas Analytics, Inc full-time

Pros

Leadership was open to suggestions and feedback which can be rare in this industry.
    Workload was reasonable and never too taxing.
    Senior leadership was always looking for ways to improve and kept staff members informed of company priorities and direction.
    Definite promote from within mentality based on performance metrics.
    Tight knit teams with great people.
    Performance feedback was applicable and timely.

Cons

Typical trade-offs of big company vs. boutique organization.

Jun 6, 2017 – Associate Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review! We strive to maintain high standards of professionalism and performance. Your review helps us evaluate our success.

2. "Modern Workplace, Excellent People, Professional Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

I have been working at Alturas Analytics, Inc full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A professional yet casual work environment where people are experts at what they do. Good owner to employee communication. Thoughtful recognition of employee achievement and work anniversaries keeps morale high. Usually a lunch is provided every other week (at least) for some special reason such as promotions, new hires, birthdays, graduations, someone moving, etc. They give substantial gift cards for these occasions! The company provided an incredible company event at a resort then a boat trip the first month I worked here and everyone was invited. (complete with dinner and matching t-shirts, a jet boat ride, and lunch!) Almost everyone has a two screen set up, IT is fantastic, the building is new, temperature controlled (always comfortable), great parking, and the kitchenette provides a nice gathering spot for everyone. Popcorn machine, large refrigerator, snack drawer, beverages provided... I've never worked at such a generous employee centered organization. The work itself is focused on impeccable customer service with the highest scientific standards. There are huge upward mobility opportunities. Many of the people that work here have been here for 5-10 years and started out in the lower positions and over the years have moved up to Senior Scientists and high level administrators. Everyone (leadership, admins, and scientists alike) takes responsibility and I have not seen any finger pointing when something is not the best it can be. (This is unusual. If you've been in the workforce very long at all, you know this.) Expectations are high, but the work is rewarding.

Cons

Being a smaller company, salaries aren't as high as in a larger organization or more metropolitan area. But I am fine with the "sacrifice" due to the extraordinary environment and quality of life while living and working here.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the growth, quality, and culture goals to the employees. Keep up the recognition, food, and events! I read some of the negative reviews on here and obviously either the reviews were inaccurate, from a disgruntled employee, or the company has taken them to heart because now, a couple of years later, it is hard to even recognize the negative reviews as the same organization. I love working here.

Nov 23, 2016 – Associate Director of Marketing

Thank you so much for the thorough review. Our vision is to be an enduring company. We will continue to manage our unprecedented growth with professionalism. We recognize our employees make our... More

"Private Company = Don't trust self reported numbers"

Current Employee - Chemist in Moscow, ID

I have been working at Alturas Analytics, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The best thing I can say is that the Napoleon-like owner has been told to stay away from employees. He can now be found at the Gym downtown at all hours of the work day. THIS is a pro for sure since his lack of professionalism is no longer a workday problem.

Cons

As a privately held company, its hard to know what's going on. They recently self reported $4-mil in profit, which may or may not be true. Can't really tell and it doesn't trickle down to the workforce. I wish more clients would actually interview the employees and do their homework before sending us their work- the owner is greasy and will tell new clients anything to get their cash.

Advice to Management

Practice honest, ethical and moral business practices. You didn't get to where you are by yourself.

Nov 23, 2016 – Associate Director of Marketing

We sincerely appreciate the feedback. Since this review two years ago many things have changed within Alturas Analytics that directly address your comments.

We have an integrated software system... More

"Great growing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Moscow, ID
    Current Employee - Associate Scientist in Moscow, ID

I have been working at Alturas Analytics, Inc full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I am so glad that I could find a viable career path with the quality of life afforded by living in Moscow, ID. As a graduate in science, we have a clear career path at Alturas Analytics and the recent incentive program put in-place by senior management has been fabulous for all level of employees. It is great to work for a growing company that is hiring many young professionals. The open door policy by management is welcomed!

Cons

Due to the size of the company, horizontal growth can be limited. Timelines can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Continue to share as much information regarding the vision for the company as possible. Continue to offer incentives for those that contribute the most.

Nov 23, 2016 – Associate Director of Marketing

Thank you for the review. We will keep up the communication, vision, and incentives!

5. "Great dynamic workplace with an excellent quality of life"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Moscow, ID

Pros

Good place to work in a university city setting. As a recent graduate they provided me well rounded employee development and encouraged me to meet my goals. Good compensation even when compared to big city salaries. I grew up in small cities so this is just the place for me.

Cons

Not much room for growth.

Advice to Management

Offer more individual rewards for lab and administrative employees

Nov 23, 2016 – Associate Director of Marketing

We appreciate your review. Thank you for the input. Since this review, there are rewards for our employees that include but are not limited to annual bonuses, educational conferences, and peer and... More

"Job review of Alturas Analytics"

Current Employee - Chemist in Moscow, ID

Pros

Friendly, relaxed atmosphere in a good location, easy commute, good communication among employees.

Cons

Poor salaries, long hours, vacation time is difficult to accrue when first starting.

Advice to Management

Be more proactive at providing annual reviews and providing employee incentives.

Nov 23, 2016 – Associate Director of Marketing

Thank you for your review! We continue to have direct interaction between the scientists and sponsors, but now we have quarterly supervisor meetings in which a 'coach' helps ensure our supervisors... More

"Quick way to quench your enthusiasm for science"

Current Employee - Scientist
    Current Employee - Scientist

Pros

Located in a great town. Competent coworkers who genuinely enjoy their work. Lots of parking close the building and easy commute.

Cons

It is a very closed-door management system, where there is no discussion of company direction, client contact and client feedback. Clients have told me more about the company than i've heard from the management.

Not much concern for rules and regs, but had to be pushed through by the employees.

Currently 8 employees. Was maximized at 13 in summer 2010, but canned 5 full time regular employees with no warning. Yikes.

Advice to Management

Keep open channels of honest communication between all 8 employees and the management, since this place is our livelihood and we need to know what is happening, simply to make a better and healthier work environment.

Nov 23, 2016 – Associate Director of Marketing

We sincerely appreciate the feedback. Since this review five years ago, many things have changed within Alturas Analytics that directly address your comments.

We have an entire Quality Assurance... More