Aluminum Precision Reviews | Glassdoor

Aluminum Precision Reviews

Updated Nov 14, 2018

Found 16 reviews

3.1
Aluminum Precision CEO Philip S. Keeler (no image)
Philip S. Keeler
  1. "Amazing Company"

Current Contractor - Quality Assurance Engineer in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Aluminum Precision for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for! Everyone in this company are very encouraging and extremely friendly. The Oxnard division, the one I work in, has the family company vibe as everyone knows each other and are very welcoming.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aluminum Precision2018-08-03
  2. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Aluminum Precision full-time

Pros

Benefits APP is an employee owned company Employees are loyal Employees are hard-working

Cons

They need to invest in more advanced technology They need to hire more employees to do the jobs

Advice to Management

Recognize issues and act on them, don't ignore real problems

Aluminum Precision2018-11-09
  3. "Confidential"

I worked at Aluminum Precision full-time

Pros

Don't have any to share

Cons

Aluminum Precision Products has been in business as a privately held company for many years and has had little turnover in management. Management is not always fair to all employees and demonstrate lots of favoritism among employees. If you do not become part of their group you will eventually start feeling like an outcast. I would not recommend working at Aluminum Precision Products.

Advice to Management

Be fair with everyone.

Aluminum Precision2018-11-14
  4. "Poor Engineering Leadership, Quality Issues, Safety Concerns"

Former Employee - Engineer in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Aluminum Precision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I could do the manager job after 2 day OTJ.

Cons

Look carefully. Limited training, older machinery, managers don't know how to lead or manage, HR seems preoccupied more important issues like where is lunch, bait and switch - hire you to do a certain set of duties and quickly change the job on you. I understand there was a major fire on the premises - so that is a concern.

Advice to Management

Manage or retire

Aluminum Precision2017-04-06

"Ok, but keep religion out of the workplace"

I worked at Aluminum Precision full-time

Pros

Most people are helpul to other employees, and care about their jobs.

Cons

Being preached at by a highly religious member of management. If you are religious, then you'll get along fine.

Aluminum Precision2017-02-16

"Smoke and Mirrors"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Aluminum Precision full-time

Pros

Very relaxed environment. You hardly ever get yelled at. Rarely work overtime and even more rarely work weekends. They do like you to work weekends before or after holidays because they don't have to pay you overtime then (holiday hours don't count towards working hours).

Cons

You rarely get yelled at because they're all about "one APP" which was a cultural change they tried to initiate but inevitably failed. Pretty unorganized and changes take months to years to implement that could take as few as a couple days. You can only contribute to your 401k and get health benefits after 6 months. You can't take any vacation for a year and the 3 sick days you get a year never roll over so... everyone uses them by the end of the year.

Advice to Management

Allow people to initiate changes that they think are right. The lack of direction and micro managing is slowing the whole company down. We're being stagnant while competitors grow with technology.

Aluminum Precision2016-12-15
  7. "Intern Experience"

Engineering Intern in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Aluminum Precision for more than a year

Pros

Amazing Co-workers Plenty of work Plenty of opportunity to expand and learn new things Good team work

Cons

Commute Intern pay - but the experience was worth more.

Advice to Management

Keep on this path, you guys did a wonderful thing for me.

Aluminum Precision2016-11-28
  8. "Applicant Beware"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

I worked at Aluminum Precision full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Medical, dental, vision benefits at a reasonable rate. Some fellow co-workers suffering with you were pleasant to be around. Company makes exceptional products for the industry.

Cons

Management wants to change vision of organization but doesn't implement any rules - too many favorites got away with lower productivity, some had no sense of urgency with work. Low pay especially for the amount of daily stress. High turnover in the office (don't fall for the we are family type of office, I have been here 20+years, they have been there for that amount of time because they are incapable of finding a... new job).

Advice to Management

Management needs to take off their blinders and change their habits. Stop picking favorites it creates low morale in the office. Stop being so cheap with office supplies (no forks, plates etc) and with pay.

Aluminum Precision2016-11-03
  9. "Engineering Internship"

Engineering Intern in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Aluminum Precision

Pros

Aluminum Precision Products is a great place to immerse yourself into the culture of professional engineering post college graduation. They do business with many reputable companies including, Porsche, Bugatti, Cessna, Boeing, and many more. Since I started here I have been exposed to state of the art equipment that I could never imagine while studying engineering. The most impressive being a 3D scanner that has... the capability of rendering a 3D model from a physical piece in minutes. The company seems to be expanding. In the short time I've worked here I have heard about new facilities that are in the final stages of becoming reality. APP also has several facilities in California; two of which are in Santa Ana, and one being in Oxnard. Lastly I'd like to say that this is a very friendly work environment. The majority of people I meet from the engineering department to maintenance have worked for APP for 20 plus years and are happy to help you along your path. I have only worked here for a short time, but during which I have met some great people and learned a lot about aluminum forging.

Cons

It can be dirty work, but that comes with working at a factory. Traffic to and from work is terrible, but that is mostly due to living in SoCal.

Advice to Management

I haven't worked here long enough to give advice to the management. From listening to some of my coworkers I would say management is doing a good job.

Aluminum Precision2016-07-22

"Do not work here...bullies in management, safety issues galore"

Production in Santa Ana, CA

I have been working at Aluminum Precision

Pros

4x10 work week, 2nd shift

Cons

I work at this company and I can honestly say I can't believe the lack of respect and common decency management has for there associates. They constantly tell you that safety is priority , but constantly have you in situations that are completely unsafe and unhealthy -crazy workplace heat, aluminum dust, smoke and fire. Where is our Union rep? Here you are constantly reminded that you'll be written up and if you... don't do as they say they will find someone else. I wouldn't recommend this place , there's much better out there.

Advice to Management

Make changes to plant management, HR and safety

Aluminum Precision2016-07-27