AlwaysOnVacation.com Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeffrey Idso

1. "Long Time Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Company really cares about the success of each employee.

Cons

there can be at times a lack of direction and communication.

Advice to Management

communication could be better

"Horrible place to work..."

Former Employee - Customer Support Manager in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Customer Support Manager in Ogden, UT

I worked at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They hired me when I needed a job. I was needing a job in a bad way and they took me in when I needed it. The pay was so-so. That's about it...

Cons

Where do I begin? The upper management, starting with the "VP's" is a complete joke. How they made it this is beyond me. They refused to let lower management do their jobs. They were THE worst micromanaging group of people I have ever seen. And one had NO IDEA what the other was doing. Not to mention the shady business practices that would go on.

Advice to Management

Find other means of employment... You have no business running a business like this, nor handle anyone else's money.

3. "New staff is solid"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hard working and sensible people, everyone seems to know what they're working towards, lots of self starters. Overall it's been a solid experience so far.

Cons

Always on Vacation is currently changing its model from a charge by listing to a charge by rental. It basically means starting over which makes it feel almost like a startup.

Advice to Management

Ditching the old ways of the company has been a smart choice. Keep on down this path and I think we'll like where we end up.

5. "Business Development Executive"

Former Employee - Team Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Team Manager in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AlwaysOnVacation.com (More than 3 years)

Pros

nice environment good management good renumeration

Cons

slow growth slow growth slow growth

6. "Jeff Idso should be in jail"

I worked at AlwaysOnVacation.com (More than a year)

Pros

Regular employees were nice to work with.

Cons

Jeff Idso is cheating homeowners out of money and wasting investment dollars.

Advice to Management

Flee to Mexico Jeff, it's your only hope!

"Horrible Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CEO is hardly ever there. He's too busy at "meetings" but we all know he was really out playing golf and spending time at his vacation house in Tahoe.

Cons

Everything. There isn't one good thing about this company. They scam these poor homeowners out of so much money. It took me awhile to see what was really going on but the salesmen in India are trained to straight up lie to people to get their money and the poor reservationists can't book anything because these homes advertised are being advertised without permission. It was an endless vicious cycle.

Advice to Management

Jeff - you need to own up to your mistakes and lies. Flee the country or something cause these investors are going to come after you when they don't make money cause you spent it all.

"Stay far far away!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I worked at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They may put you up in a hotel if you move from out of the area for the job.

San Ramon is a nice community in the East Bay. What that has to do with the job itself though bears no relevance.

Cons

If you are stupid or desperate enough to take a job offer over the phone and move out for this company, then you are partially to blame yourself for what goes wrong....this company has a history of hiring people desperate to get out to California from other less desirable spots in the US. However, once you have landed and your free month's accommodation in the hotel is up, be prepared for a very rude awakening. This business seems like money laundering and a total scam! I saw through it pretty quickly and left within weeks, but it definitely scarred me -- and scared me.

I was promised health insurance over the phone. They don't offer it! Be wary of what sounds like a higher salary. Not only is the East Bay expensive, but you're also getting screwed by having zero health coverage.

"Don't work for AOV"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will receive your payments on time every single month.

Cons

Senior management does not have a clue of what's going on with their offices in India. They're playing with the system and making up numbers but the reality is much different than that. Senior management doesn't trust you when you raise the flag and report suspicious activities in other teams. HR Management doesn't care about your needs and changes the policies from one day to another. You cannot plan on building a career in this company. They can hire you, tell you that you're an awesome employee and the next day (depending on the CEO's mood) you can be the worst employee ever. So unprofessional.

Advice to Management

N/A.

10. "Great experience working with AlwaysOnVacation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Small start-up, where you can really get involved & grow your skills. Fun, but still environment.

Cons

Stressful sometimes due to lack of resources, but management seems to be working things out.

AlwaysOnVacation.com Response

Jan 12, 2016 – Administrative Assistant

Our goal is to keep improving by adding the necessary resources to make this a successful and enjoyable work environment for all of our team members.

11. "Perfect place to learn and practice your skills"

Current Employee - Online Marketing Manager in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Online Marketing Manager in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at AlwaysOnVacation.com full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you want a hands-on experience, and willing to learn and test, not afraid to take over new responsibilities and wear multiple hats - this is a good place to work for. You really get to explore your own abilities to make decisions, manage people and projects, plan and work with internal and external teams.

Cons

Work hours can be long at times (have to adjust to working with India and Europe), and some projects take longer than anticipated because of limited resources.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on improving site functionality and invest in engineering and development

AlwaysOnVacation.com Response