KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

AmTrust Financial Reviews

Updated Jan 11, 2022

Found 713 of over 741 reviews

3.1
AmTrust Financial Chairman and CEO Barry D. Zyskind (no image)
Barry D. Zyskind
Pros
  • "I have been at AmTrust for a year and a half working as a complex claims adjuster(in 50 reviews)

• "AmTrust offers a great work/life balance(in 38 reviews)

• Cons
  • "AmTrust is a classic example of "you get what you give"(in 49 reviews)

• "Unrealistic vision from upper management(in 38 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AmTrust Financial and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best company ever

Jan 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great environment to work, the best ever

Cons

There are no complaints from me

AmTrust Financial Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Bottleneck processes

Dec 15, 2021 - Claim Adjuster II
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company offers remote work. People are nice but mostly new to the company. Good amount of company holidays and the pay is decent.

Cons

All the processes that bottleneck the job and prevent adjusters from being effective and efficient at their jobs. Super frustrating cover review process and WAY to many round tables for reserve and settlement authority.

AmTrust Financial Response

Thank you for leaving a review. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. We wish you all the best in your future.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good Place to Work

Oct 27, 2021 - Manager in Cleveland, OH
      Business Outlook

Pros

*Time off - Holidays and PTO are generous *Flexibility - Hours are a bit flexible as long as you work 40. *Inclusivity - Many people from different backgrounds and cultures. Company takes initiative to highlight and celebrate these differences *Collaboration for improvement - Recent collaboration with other departments has been celebrated and helps to improve processes *Extras - Wellness program is fun to participate in as well as many other different sorts of things offered *LinkedIn learning - This is provided free to all employees and is great for development

Cons

*Pay disparity *System issues -length of time it takes to get a fix or an update

AmTrust Financial Response

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your experience at AmTrust. Your insights help us make enhancements to our company culture and improve our organization.

4. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Okay- for a little while

Jan 10, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of holidays. Good amount of PTO. Pay is okay

Cons

Not enough resources to meet their expectations. In claims you will work a lot of hours and never feel caught up. Structure and technology is behind with the times. No room for growth or mobility.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Company can use some coaching!

Jan 11, 2022 - Subrogation Analyst in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

The hours were flexible! The pay was good and the overall culture of the company exhibits diversity.

Cons

There needs to be better organization within the company.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Micromanaged

Dec 2, 2021 - Claims Adjuster II in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent salary, good people, flexible work schedule

Cons

No tuition assistance for school or certifications, low bonus if any, very little authority to make your own decisions

AmTrust Financial Response

Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Your insights will help us make or organization better and enhance our culture in the future. It is important to us that our employees feel supported, please reach out to us at AmTrustEmployeeCenter@amtrustgroup.com we’d like to know more about your concerns.

7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Better Since new owners

Nov 2, 2021 - Underwriting Support in Atlanta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Company seems on par with other large US carriers. Still some growing pains in how to truly support people

Cons

Company had big problems previously from growing to fast. Lacked adequate business structures and used homemade clunky software and SOP. The company was a mess administratively, had a shady reputation, financial trouble and difficult, frustrating, thankless to work for. Things improved when the company went private and new equity owners took over.

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Negative

Dec 21, 2021 - Claims Adjuster in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the management was nice. Work from home opportunity

Cons

Pay is bad. Despite your performance you get very minimal or no raises. Very minimal bonuses if any. Last year was 1% raise. Year before 0%. I understand a company may go through a hard time, but nothing when you are a top performer is ridiculous. Excessive amount of claims because of the high turn over. During the "no one received raises" time, two men were promoted and received a raise.

AmTrust Financial Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are continuously striving to make our organization better and enhance our culture and your insights will help us in this effort. We wish you the best in the future.

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good pay and decent company

Dec 28, 2021 - Claim Adjuster in Dallas, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

Empowered to make decisions, room to grow, good pay, experienced employees.

Cons

New leadership, not totally organized, but working on it.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Where You Want To Work!

Nov 15, 2021 - Claims in Alpharetta, GA
      Business Outlook

Pros

AmTrust has THE VERY BEST OF Benefits, Perks, hours, state of the art offices, cafe's, on site gym!

Cons

There is not one thing I don't like about this incredible company I'm fortunate to work with.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 713 Reviews

AmTrust Financial Reviews FAQs

48% of AmTrust Financial employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AmTrust Financial 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3 for culture and values and 2.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AmTrust Financial to be workplace, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be senior leadership, career development, management.

Popular Careers with AmTrust Financial Job Seekers