KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Amata Office Solutions Reviews

Updated Aug 4, 2021

Found 15 of over 15 reviews

3.6
Amata Office Solutions CEO Ron Bockstahler (no image)
Ron Bockstahler
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Small, Growing Company

Apr 19, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Room to move upward as the company continues to grow. They also send people to paralegal school, and any work done as a paralegal is added to the pre-existing paycheck. The company cares about its employees and clearly looks for the best benefits for them. You aren't constricted to your job title, and can do other duties should you wish; initiative is often rewarded. Close community of employees and clients means going to work is nice. Employees are supportive of one another.

Cons

No real HR department, so you have to be patient with requests there. Formal training doesn't exist; you have to be willing to go with the flow and learn as things come up but you are also never short of people to reach out to who can help. For those unwilling to wear many hats this isn't the company for you, for those who don't like to be confined to certain duties/like to excel this is a great environment for it.

2. 3.0
    Former Employee

Disorganized management team

Aug 4, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

small company with room to move up

Cons

little operational organization; management team not held responsible for work/goals

3. 1.0
    Former Contractor

How desperate are you?

Feb 13, 2021 - Administrative Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loop location is very nice

Cons

Almost everything, especially some managers

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

The Sky's the limit with Amata

Nov 20, 2014 - Sales in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I never thought I would get into real estate, but I couldn't pass up this opportunity. They have been in business for 13 years, but now they are really expanding the company. The partners of Amata are always on-site, open to discuss any deals/strategies, and everything they have promised has come true. Plus, they supported us getting our Commercial Broker's license to further our career in Real Estate, so the sky is the limit ! While Amata is the largest privately-owned provider of executive office space in the city, the partners still try to make it feel more like a family rather than a company. I'm glad to be working for them, and excited about the future with Amata.

Cons

I really do not have any cons about Amata. Sometimes the days can be long (but what career that has huge future potential doesn't?). Like any sales job, it is hard work and you must put in the activities to be successful, but the rewards are definitely worth it. .

2 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great company, great service offering and great people to work with!

Nov 20, 2014 - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been a part of the sales team over a year now and in this role it's both challenging and highly rewarding. The compensation plan rewards performance/production, benefits are generous and we are encouraged to max out our expense accounts entertaining clients so we can get to know them and their business on a deeper level. The company's business model is unique in the commercial real estate industry The people in which I work with are kind, friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Management and ownership are accessible, supportive, open to hearing new ideas and forward thinking. There's a laser-like focus on customer satisfaction.

Cons

As with any privately held, quickly growing company there are growing pains--but management is quick to address these, learn from mistakes made ultimately resulting in a better customer and employee experience.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Exciting workspace.........there is never a dull moment

Business Outlook

Pros

There is never a dull or boring day in this industry or within this company. Every day is something new and keeps the staff on their toes. From programming phones, setting up clients in their new offices, hosting and planning client after hour events to moving out clients from their office to traditional space, we are constantly on the move here! You'll never find an Amata personnel just sitting around. What's exciting is that we all work together to get the job done and get it done right!

Cons

Some days can be overwhelming with the amount of work thrown our way.....it seems like there is not enough time in the day to get it done

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

The management and staff make it a great place to work!

Business Outlook

Pros

There is always onsite management when needed. Clients and staff are supported and never left without an answer. Since Amata Office Solutions is the largest privately owned shared space provider in Chicago, upper management goes out of their way to make their employees and clients happy!

Cons

Many times the facilities are left short handed which can lead the staff scrambling to help others and projects can be delayed.

8. 5.0
    Current Employee

Amazing place to work & great services provided!

Feb 12, 2015 - Client Support in Chicago, IL
    Business Outlook

Pros

When you start at Amata Office Solutions, you'll never want to leave! The services provided are amazing and what makes it even better are the people who provide the services. You won't find a shared office space provider with a team more dedicated to helping your business succeed!

Cons

As a fast growing business, days seem to fly by!

9. 4.0

Always learning something new

Business Outlook

Pros

Management provides the tools to tackle each task in the most effective manner, time is not wasted spinning your wheels This allows us to spend time with our clients who are the most important part of our business.

Cons

At times days are too short to complete all requested tasks .

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Disorganized, Dishonest, Ridiculous

May 13, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

None. Zero. Zip. Nada. This company is by far the worst company I have ever worked for, in my 20 years of employment.

Cons

Completely disorganized, nothing followed the slightest trace of reason. Supervisors couldn't delegate responsibilities, complained that they legally had to allow us lunch breaks, and berated us in front of clients. There is no HR representation, so it was impossible to find company policy guidelines or get help when paychecks were incorrect (which was often). They misrepresented pay scale & overtime so we earned less than promised. We didn't receive half the training we were guaranteed. Oh, and they laid me off 2 days before I would have been eligible for benefits, after telling us how understaffed they were. Don't work here.

3 people found this review helpful

Amata Office Solutions Response

CEO

My name is Ron Bockstaher and I am a co-founder of Amata and the acting CEO of the company. After reading this post, I am disappointed that this person had such a bad experience at my company. There is no doubt we are not perfect, but we do operate with a very high level of integrity and respect for our employees. As for the benefits comment, I can state that I started making all new employees eligible for benefits effective the first day of employment over two years ago to accommodate a returning employee who had lost his sight. I am sorry this person had such a poor experience but I wish him/her the best in the future endeavors.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 15 Reviews