Amazing Lash Studio "lash extensions" Reviews | Glassdoor

Amazing Lash Studio Employee Reviews about "lash extensions"

Found 334 reviews

2.8
Amazing Lash Studio CEO Heather Elrod
Heather Elrod
Pros
  • "There's also the free lashes, though what you can get depends on your location(in 64 reviews)

• "Free lashes although stylists will never have time to do them(in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • "They really value their stylist in Seattle(in 52 reviews)

• "Some clients are difficult to handle, they get eccentric about their lashes(in 33 reviews)

Reviews about "lash extensions"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Disappointed with Management"

Former Employee - Lash Consultant in Elk Grove, CA

I worked at Amazing Lash Studio part-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on lash extensions & opportunity for commissions

Cons

Working as a Lash Consultant entitles you to having several responsibilities - extreme multitasking and troubleshooting, dealing with lots of complaints. More about personality than professionalism. Management makes you take on MORE work almost that of an assistant manager. Your also responsible for TRAINED stylists actions, which is a bit ridiculous.

Advice to Management

I was told I was being offered a full time position and my hours were cut down to 20 hours a week. Unrealistic expectations for new employees expect for perfection before your first 90 days. Too much gossiping. Managers need to lift people up and not break people down. Real managers lead and don't gossip about people, coworkers, or customers.

Amazing Lash Studio2019-04-26

"Lash Stylist"

Current Employee - Lash Stylist in Round Rock, TX

I have been working at Amazing Lash Studio part-time for more than a year

Pros

They welcome new Cosmo or Esties with little to no experience in lash extensions. Which makes this a great opportunity to learn and grow your skills as an Esthetician or Cosmetologist. There was great training offered and felt I was more than prepared to take actual clients when I was finally put on the schedule to do services. The environment is nice and the ladies I work with are friendly.

Cons

When there are no clients I am only getting paid the base pay and if I have no clients for a shift then I am asked to not come in. Very little hours= very small paycheck. If you’re new to lashing expect to not make a lot of money in the beginning. I’m still kinda new and struggling to get repeat requests because some of the clients have unrealistic expectations and don’t follow proper aftercare. The studio doesn’t...

Amazing Lash Studio2018-11-10
  3. "Micromanaging & Toxic"

I worked at Amazing Lash Studio full-time

Pros

Lash extensions, not much else

Cons

Everything, ownership, management, franchise culture

Advice to Management

Support staff instead of beating them down

Amazing Lash Studio2018-11-13
  4. "In between jobs type of job."

Current Employee - Lash Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazing Lash Studio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free Lash Extensions, flexible work hours

Cons

No benefits and low pay.

Amazing Lash Studio2018-09-04

"Poor leadership"

Former Employee - Lash Stylist in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Amazing Lash Studio full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Good place to pick up lash extensions if you're licensed but not trained yet, or if you want to pick up speed.

Cons

They only care about speed, not quality. Poorly trained management and staff with awful pay; constant booking errors; drama; no one seems to know how to run a business, not even the owner(s). Higher ups are always complaining about staff and telling employees private business info. West coast corporate is nasty, passive-aggressive and extremely litigious.

Advice to Management

At the very least, ask people why they're quitting. No one asked me anything when I left, and if they had I doubt they'd listen to my advice.

Amazing Lash Studio2018-10-05

"Lash stylist/Lash stylist Manager"

Current Employee - Master Stylist/Stylist Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Amazing Lash Studio full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

I have enjoyed worked for ALS so much!!! It feels so good and rewarding to work for someone who wants to help their employees grow and genuinely cares about them. The boss here at the Chicago Streeterville location is the best boss I have ever had and I'm not exaggerating. I would go out of my way and bend over backwards for her because I know she would do the same for any of her employees. My personal experience - I...

Cons

Sometimes when we get super busy and we have back to back clients it can get a little crazy, but it makes the day go by fast!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doin. We appreciate you!

Amazing Lash Studio2018-07-26

"Lash Consultant"

Former Employee - Receptionist/Lash Consultant in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Amazing Lash Studio part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Commission is great if you are good at sales! Pretty good hours. Free lash extensions.

Cons

Management. They could be pretty condescending. Difficult to get days off approved. Poor communication amongst coworkers.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, and speak to them as if they are your equals. It's difficult to respect or trust a manager that you don't feel cares about you.

Amazing Lash Studio2018-08-04

"Positive Brand and rewarding clients"

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Amazing Lash Studio full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Free Lash extensions Good brand values Career growth Fun beauty environment Get to meet really great clients Part of a growing beauty trend industry

Cons

Strong ownership and management depends on location to location. Important for Lash Artists to build up the or own clientele.

Advice to Management

Structure and consistency is important for a job where there isn’t so much turnover with all employees. Studios seem inconsistent

Amazing Lash Studio2018-05-08

"Horrible. Awful."

I have been working at Amazing Lash Studio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nothing. Maybe if you want free lash extensions that will fall out in a day or two. This company is a complete scam.

Cons

No benefits. They will post on indeed that there is medical dental and 401k but when you get hired they will offer supplemental. Maybe. No room for advancement. They advertise false pay scales for stylists. If you are a stylist, you will not make $45,000 per year They advertise a sign on bonus, but that is just them holding your pay for training until you are employed for 30 days. Then they pay you for one week when...

Advice to Management

Stop running out of supplies. It’s ok to go over budget to have the supplies you need in the studio. Be honest and up front about what you pay. Have a better training program in place from the bottom to the top. Including a training for franchisees.

Amazing Lash Studio2018-01-23
    • "Hired under false pretenses"

Current Employee - Esthetician

I have been working at Amazing Lash Studio full-time for more than a year

Pros

Paid training to learn how to do lash extensions

Cons

The money is horrible for the tedious amount of work that you do... people come there because it's cheap so tips aren't that great.

Advice to Management

Pay more per hour and offer benefits.

Amazing Lash Studio2017-10-20