Amazon Reviews in Arlington, VA | Glassdoor

Jeff Bezos
  1. Lead Development Representative

Current Employee - Lead Development Representative in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- Compensation - Work-Life Balance

Cons

Not many that come to mind. Would prefer to work from home more frequently, but that's actually pretty common too.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business!

2. Lead Development Representative

Current Employee - Lead Development Representative in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Amazon Web Services is a company that develops its employees and helps everyone to progress in their careers.

Cons

You will be a workaholic while working for Amazon Web Services.

Advice to Management

You need to set boundaries to have a work-life balance.

Amazon is Alright

Current Employee - CSA in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

-Work from Home -Create schedules around other jobs/school -Supply equipment -Benefits are generous for the role -Despite popular belief, there is lateral and upward mobility options The good thing about working from home for Amazon essentially boils down to it being a work from home position with flexible positioning.

Cons

-Hours, once assigned, are largely inflexible -Vacation and time off accrues very slowly in comparison to other full time jobs -Benefits are good, but geared towards singles, not families There are several negatives to working at Amazon that should be noted, particularly the pay, which is dismal when you consider how much money they make off of your work. You'll be making $10 with minimal bonuses around the holidays...

Advice to Management

Not really much management can do honestly. At the end of the day there are gonna be jobs that you just need a ton of boots on the ground for and this is one of them. Reality is some jobs aren't going to pay well or be fun, or result in a long term career path. If you need to make some money on the side and work from home while you do something else , this may be the job for you.

Senior Executive Assistant to VP

Current Employee - Senior Executive Assistant in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Innovative, always learning something new, great colleagues. Very helpful staff to help with onboarding, good pay, some travel. Flex/Telework is awesome!

Cons

I wish I could have more training time. There is A LOT to learn so it feels a bit like information overload.

Advice to Management

More training, maybe perhaps offer more bonuses/incentives for your employees?

Customer Service/Seasonal

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

So far so good, I’m still in training, but maybe that will interest some. I am on my 4th day at Amazon, & will work in their customer service Dept. for a guaranteed 3 months & possibly 3 more depending on how busy they are & whatnot. They talk a lot about doing a great job by not missing work, empathizing with & develop a great repore with the customer by being “customer obsessed” I am in a class of 25 & we have 2 trainers....

Cons

They do require mandatory OT & Blackout PTO & UPTO from Cyber Monday - January 1st. There are not many benefits for Seasonal Employees & the ones that are available aren’t that great.

Advice to Management

Offer something better as a benefit than what is currently available to Seasonal Employees. Keep up the good work with who you choose to train new WAH employees!

Operations

Current Employee - Area Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Compensation. Location. Environment is so stressful that you find good friends among your peers.

Cons

Very long hours. At times, when you compare how much you make per hour versus how many hours you work, you find other companies to be better. High stress levels. Walking and standing for more than 9hrs+ , at times straight. Noisy. Disorganized management. High rotation. Hard to switch from operations into other fields within the company.

Advice to Management

Pay attention and care about your direct employees genuinely. If you do that, the rest will fall in place.

EOT temp employee

Current Employee - eot in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon for more than a year

Pros

Some smart people but favoritism is rampant . better to work on dayshift to get the training you need to operate. Don't go on nightshift if you need training. Blue badge conversion process leadership questions as clear as mud and difficult to answer without prep. Was promised prep and it never happened. Aced mech and elec questions.

Cons

Training is sketchy if you ask for additional training prepare to answer why. Especially leadership principles which are as clear as mud and can be interpreted multiple ways its pyschobabble BS. Do not recommend to person with a family to take the risk on a temp position with "possible" conversion you will be used and abused.

Advice to Management

Leave up to your leadership principles yourself.

8. customer experience intern

Current Employee - Intern in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon part-time for more than a year

Pros

I thought the program was nice and easy to contribute since it is on your own time. There were a lot of training involved, so it is time consuming. I enjoyed it.

Cons

The pay wasn't very high, and it required 40 hours of training on your own in front of the computer screen. Can be boring at times and a lot of materials to get through.

Advice to Management

To have the training be more interactive and higher pay for the training. That was the worst part of the experience.

9. Great Place to Work

Former Employee - Data Engineer in Arlington, VA

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

You have a lot of agency. If you can justify why something needs to happen and how much it will cost to make it happen you can affect change at the company.

Cons

Bit of a problem with putting too much emphasis on seniority.

Advice to Management

Look at the quality of an employees work and what they can bring to the company going forward rather than how long theyve stuck around.

10. Great experience

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

You meet different people and everyone is interesting. Passionate and rising company. Great employers and great environment. Huge company though

Cons

Sometimes get lost in the huge company,

Found 10 reviews