Amazon Reviews in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

3.9
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Learn a lot and good work office (in 445 reviews)

• I feel empowered working at Amazon and I have a great work life balance (in 382 reviews)

Cons
  • While my work-life balance is great - others are having a different experience (in 2077 reviews)

• No work life balance at the FC, unless you are senior level (in 436 reviews)

"Amazon Distribution Center Scanner"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get paid every week and the schedule is very flexible

Cons

You can't listen to music while scanning (Would make the job alot more enjoyable

Advice to Management

Allow music

2. "Amazon Company Policy"

Former Employee - CSL in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - CSL in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Clean, friendly people, benefits, hours

Cons

Management, selective policy enforcement and see no evil attitude

Advice to Management

Stop the free for all on the Amazon surveillance system allowing anyone viewing and downloading access, it violates your police and the law.

3. "Associate"

Current Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I came in as a seasonal worker and was converted into full employment at my 3 month mark. Keep in mind you have to exceed in your Call metrics to be converted early. Working from home is a plus. They offer VTO all the time to let you have as much of a break as you want. No it’s not paid . Once you are permanent you are paid for holidays if you work on that day or not and if you do work on a paid holiday you get holiday pay on top of your hrs work with time and a half added also so that is a big PLUS . All of your colleagues help eachother our on a daily bases I’m the chat rooms. Everybody is super nice. It is so easy to move up. You have a chance to choose your times that you want to work when you first start but just keep in mind no matter where you are located in the US it is on PST so make sure you choose the exact time you want pertaining to your time zone that’s where I messed up at lol. But overall best place to work Amazon really love their employees.

Cons

Sometimes there are a bunch of technical issues that messes with your ability to work.. there are also a lot of changes that happens all the time. The only thing that I don’t really like is jumping from team manager to team manager I’ve had 3 since I started and I’ve only been here 3 months. I really like my last TM I feel like he cared wh more than my new TM but besides that this is an anwespme job to be at.

Advice to Management

We should be given the option to stay with our current TM or given options for a new one.

4. "Reserves Customer Serive Associate"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Able to set your own work hours.
    Work From Home (No Commute)
    Amazon provides computer/equipment.
    Able to work up to 60 hours a week.
    $10/Hourly.
    Great benefits for full time.
    Amazon discounts.
    They send you free stuff throughout your time there.

Cons

Have to schedule your own break.
    Team leads sometimes are unhelpful.
    Not really any help during training

5. "Great place to work - as long as you are a hard worker!"

Current Employee - Human Resources Ops Administrative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Human Resources Ops Administrative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really do like to have fun! Also, excellent benefits, stock units, company discount online - and monthly bonuses are great! If you like to work, this is the place for you. Hard work is appreciated, expected, and rewarded. TONS of learning opportunities. Upward mobility for those who aim for it. Break rooms have lots of great, affordable options.

Cons

If you can't be on time, don't bother applying. You have to be dedicated. I really don't have any cons. When reading reviews, take into consideration the tone in which they are written. The majority of the "con" issues I have read is from disgruntled associates who can't manage their time or goof off at work and wonder why their managers call them out on it.

Advice to Management

Keep rewarding good workers. Also, hold people accountable when they aren't doing their work.

"Run as fast as you can. Burger King will treat you better"

Current Employee - Driver Support in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Driver Support in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work from home. I get to work with some amazing delivery drivers.

Cons

Training was abysmal at best. Our trainer was never available. Questions went unasnswered and then they threw us into production a week early. With the same useless trainer! Being one to call out laziness I went over the supervisors head. Now I get the crappies calls. My numbers are down and the have reduced the tools that we need to do our job (driver support). Not only is the pay equal to wal mart with the tease of becoming permanent employees, they treat their drivers like garbage. I leave daily so frustrated that I am simply a receptionist whose job it is to give the driver a bull crap speech, just to get them off the phones. I was cheated out of two hours of time off, and they used some Houdini mathematics to make me think that I was in the wrong. After speaking to the upper echelon, I honestly thought something would change. They expressed an interest in feed back, how to improve things, now... You can’t get anyone to say “f-off” to you.

The computer system they sent has had to be replaced once already, now this one is giving “chrome out of memory” on a daily basis. Tech support is as useless as a space heater in hell. My department is the dumping grounds for every call. Even customers get transferred to us, just so we can tell them they’ll have to call back because we can’t access customer files. Getting any sort of feedback on performance or ways to improve is impossible. The while burn and churn cycle at its best. It took me over an hour to get enough supervisor involvement to file an accident report. This was a rollover accident involving packages. The system rejected the report, even when a co worker tried to submit it. Even reaching out to a “DART LEAD” they had me filling out a form to get the driver terminated for physical violence. Payroll department will not read a message. Only rejects or closes the case based on what mood their in! No ability to call or reach out to other departments. Off road “driver pay/scheduling/ etc, doesn’t answer to anyone. Their metric system disables drivers for late orders that prime department assigns to drivers already late.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, they are on the front lines. Just because your check is bigger, doesn’t mean you know more about what’s going on.

7. "CSA work from home"

Current Employee - CSA Work From Home in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - CSA Work From Home in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home. Flexible Schedule. Great Management. Support is always there and questions are always answered.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Your doing Awesome!

8. "Global Sales Leader"

Current Employee - Global Sales Leader in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Global Sales Leader in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Leadership Principles are alive in everything we do. It is not easy, but it does make working at Amazon one of the best jobs I have ever had. Customer Obsession and Earning Trust (with our customers and each other) provides the foundation for impactful work!

Cons

I have never worked harder and been less tired! :)

9. "Not a bad place to work"

Former Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Virtual Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, support of team and managers, supplied laptop and headset, easy job with lots of training.

Cons

Long hours, rude customers, lack of flexibility when time off it needed/wanted.

10. "Virtual Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Great benefits. Decent pay

Cons

Constant customer complaints. Being yelled at for just answering the phone.

Advice to Management

Be there when your employees are scheduled to work.

Showing 62 of 20,691 reviews