Amazon Reviews in Aurora, IL | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2517 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 523 reviews)

1. "Unexpected Opprotunity"

Current Employee - Process Assistant in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Process Assistant in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, daily challenges. Raise and break through the highest standards

Cons

High standards can be a dampener to newcomers and tire out people very fast.

Advice to Management

Don't forget the individual that came in the door. Engage and support associates.

2. "Easiest position"

Former Employee - Process Guide in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Process Guide in Aurora, IL

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easiest position in all fc

Cons

Very clicky and can make it break your work environment.

Advice to Management

Don't procrastinate on giving promotions

"Warehouse Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate (Going for PA) in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate (Going for PA) in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair pay, fast paced, longer weekends (shorter weekend) and positive feedback FREQUENTLY when deserved.

Cons

Long work days, strict coaching and feedback process when struggling.

Advice to Management

Management at Amazon can be hit or miss, some push you to the best of your abilities, others can be lazy and make you hate the job.

"Run away from amazon"

Current Employee - Stower in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Stower in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Vto is a great option

Cons

Everything else, brutal rates, physically challenging, unreal demands, lies, lies, and incompetence

Advice to Management

Stop trying to play God

"Picker"

Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Warehouse Worker in Aurora, IL

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits day 1. Relatively inexpensive. Voluntary Time Off. Paid Time Off

Cons

Unrealistic expectations after ineffective and non existent training on a 9000 lb machine. Unrealistic picking rate for everyone, my first day I was called to speak with 2 people about why my numbers are low and why do you have too much time between picks. It was my first full day in this position. 1 hr of driving training only because I pushed for it otherwise it was not offered. From day 1 training in this position, they were disorganized.
    This job is laborious and should be done by people that are in great physical shape.
    15 minutes for a break which includes walk time to and from great distances back to work area, it’s really an 8 minute break. Same with lunch time.
    Long hours, standing and doing tedious work.

Advice to Management

Amazon is to blame, not management. It’s company wide unrealistic expectations. Training needs major overhaul, pay needs to be higher for tougher physical demands.
    Recommend 5 day week 8 hours a day

"Mehh"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Pay can be great when they are not offering VTO. Monthly bonus based on building performance and your attendance. Stock after 90 days, that you have to allow to rest for two years aka you can't sale it until 2 year. The stock is yours after 90 days if you claim it, yes even if you quit or are fired. Again you can't sale it though, you have to wait two years. Health, vision, and dental are all very cheap. Easy to apply to another department or facility as long as you don't have write ups. They will pay 95 percent of your college tuition up to a certain dollar amount. Jeff Bezos seems to care. They are always asking the opinion of the employees.

Cons

Management in ICQA at MDW9 is terrible. Theh are never around for night shift and will write you up quickly. Almost everyone has been written up, about 10 out of 15 people. They like to rush you through training and proceed to complain about OP accidents. Literally trained for about 30 minutes and was thrown on a machine and was on my own. They don't take you through the building to show you how things work you have to figure it out or get yelled at for doing something you were never told not to do. Hectic during peak. There were days were we had no OP's because there were too many people. They don't wash the harnesses. We are in them for 10 hrs per shift and the building is 24 hrs so they are unbelievably dirty and they think it's appropriate to not wash them. ICQA is the "let me wipe your you know what" department. You literally just go around fixing other people's mistakes and if you make a mistake you get fired for it. Mind you you're trying to fix the mistake while you have a picker or stower behind you rushing you out of their way. If you did your job properly I wouldn't have to spend 30 minutes taking everything out of the bin just to count it or reorganize it so that a heavy box isnton top of a small fragile light weight box. They trow you into a department without asking your preference. If you don't like heights or swaying back and forth whilst being 30ft in the air don't apply. You're so tired after working four 10 hr days, five 12 hrs days during peak, that it's hard to make extra money on your days off unless the job is sitting on your bottom.

Advice to Management

If safety is truly important spend more time training people. Allow those that truly don't like hieghts stick to packing or the loading docks.

7. "Picker"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Aurora, IL

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Has good benefits. Life, stock, matching 401 k, pto, vacation, adoption assistance , maternity -
    Paternity leave, full time forty hour
    Week , new skills, great main break room. Plenty of on site parking. Easy access to tollway.

Cons

Get your location correct ie city. Provide more security cameras in
    Break areas so employees do not have their lunches stollen . Have quotas that are impossible to achieve just starting. They constantly are calling you away from your job to do something then they complain that you aren't making quotas.

Advice to Management

Be more patient with employees just starting. Give your employees full breaks, understand sometimes people do have to go to washroom out of their break time.

8. "FC Associate-picker"

Current Employee - FC Associate in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - FC Associate in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very professional operation. From the first day you are treated as a team member and there are plenty of opportunity

Cons

I can not think of any cons.

Advice to Management

none

Showing 8 of 28,927 reviews