Amazon Reviews in Buffalo, NY | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2488 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 520 reviews)

1. "Associate"

Current Employee - Fullfilment in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Fullfilment in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible shifts. Great managers and supervisors. Lot of fun. HR always there on the site ready to help.

Cons

Salary could be higher.

Advice to Management

More selective when hire people.

2. "Okay at the beginning, downhill as time went on"

Former Employee - Sortation Associate in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Sortation Associate in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good initial work environment
    New experiences
    Easy to learn system of things

Cons

Toxic seasonal people who don't want to work
    Work didn't add up to pay
    Part time, hard to achieve full time status

Advice to Management

Don't separate the people who know what they're doing from each other. Learn to get the lazy ones to work and actually get stuff done.

3. "Amazon Warehouse Associate (Lancaster, NY)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, NY

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick to bait people at job fairs

Cons

Not living up to many expectations/ very unprofessional employee services.

Advice to Management

I was not able to continue with my employment with the Amazon warehouse position due to the companies incompetencies. Initially, when I applied and landed the job, I came in for the drug and background check, which went through fine. I waited for the “confirmation email” to be sent to me after everything cleared. I waited till the “projected orientation date” (10/29/18) to call Candidate Support, they informed me that my drug and background checks came back fine, but had to push orientation back to the 5th of November. I called the 5th, to notify them that I did not receive the “orientation email” and told me to call back 11/8/18. I call on the 8th, only for them to tell me that the specific shift I applied for will no longer be applicapable and that they will have to reschedule my orientation once again. After a long back and forth with “candidate support”, they notify me that the warehouse I was to work at, was “under construction “. I asked why i wasnt informed and was given the run around. The candidate support system is a joke. The call center does not help at all, i begged and pleaded for a more direct form of contacting the location I would be working for but they insisted that they had no way to get in contact with them. As big of a corporation as Amazon, I am left completely disappointed and rather offended at the professionalism displayed in the last couple weeks. Technically, I was employed by Amazon once the clearances passed, and to not have access to proper communication with the building i was to work in is completely stupid. I cannot get a hold of HR to explain my situation. I dont understand why a company wont allow their employees access to any vital information for their job. I could continue with my review, But I will stop here and say that they are a joke and I will do what I can to let people know how they handle their employees until they get their situation under control.

4. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Laborer in Lancaster, NY
    Current Employee - Laborer in Lancaster, NY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers constantly walk floor to address issues or give compliments on work. You get discounts on various business sites from phones to computer to cruises

Cons

They do not offer full time

Advice to Management

Offer more than 6. - 4 hour shifts and more people would stay

"Company does not have good policies for employees"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Center Associate in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Center Associate in Lancaster, NY

I worked at Amazon part-time

Pros

Consistent schedule learn warehouse process.

Cons

UPT is not reasonable as if you have a legitimate reason for being absent it is still held against you and you loose your job. My days were Medically excused and yet I was let go due to I got negative upt.

They say they are for their employees and i was let go for reasons that any real company would have considered.

Advice to Management

You need to be reasonable when accessing someones absences. I had perfect attendance and they got ill and let go. i was sick for a week and the doctor excused it. Yet I was let go. I am researching if this is legal.

"Logistics Representative"

Former Employee - Logistics Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Logistics Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job had no positive aspects. From the start of the on-boarding process, I was blatantly deceived.

Cons

Horrible work life balance. You should be prepared to dedicate your life to Amazon. The job description I was given was inaccurate to the actual job and I talked to general recruiters. When I asked about hours , they said " it was up to your hiring manager." (warning sign #1). Several things were wrong from the start:

1.) Buffalo location tried to open too fast. They had to fly people in from other locations to open the Buffalo fulfillment. They haven't been home for a month.
    2.) I didn't get a paycheck for a month. what if I was a single mother????
    3.) didn't have a chair for my 10 hour shifts.
    4.) Schedule is inflexible. There will be a black-out period from November to January where you cannot take any days off or you'll get fired.
    5.) I was not properly trained: normal protocol would be to send me to another fully operational location and shadow someone for a month. I only received about 3 weeks of training at the home site that they rushed to open. After 3 weeks, the "out of town" operators had to leave. Total responsibility would be on me if I made a mistake.
    6.) To HR and senior management, you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Create a healthy work-life balance for employees who aren't floor associates. treat your job candidates with respect and be honest during the interview and on-boarding process.

"Production/warehouse"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Lancaster, NY
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Lancaster, NY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scanning mail is great I scan 179 mail package in one day it varies, on different days of the week. I enjoy doing the mail, and I received bonus points for one day being a splitter sorting mail.

Cons

The distance in walking through the building to site is a lot of work on the legs, and bending to reach the mail can be pain in the back, yet most of all it get better on my body because it's the muscle,s I do not use often.

8. "From A-Z"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

I worked at Amazon (More than a year)

Pros

Great work place, good people, good benefits

Cons

Growth is slow, compensation is below par

9. "Intern Review"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Amazon (Less than a year)

Pros

Work was good. Everything is done independently.

Cons

Mentor should have been helpful

"SDE Intern Review"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Amazon (Less than a year)

Pros

Time flexibility, new technologies being used all around, enthusiastic people, responsibilities ,

Cons

Sometimes, you don't get what you expect for all the hard work you have put in.
    Hiring process is haywire. No benefits apart from salary. Policies try to make you a robot instead of a good developer.

Advice to Management

Choose team based on candidate profile

Showing 10 of 28,426 reviews