Amazon Reviews in Buffalo, NY | Glassdoor

2.5
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

1. "Associate"

Current Employee - Fullfilment in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Fullfilment in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible shifts. Great managers and supervisors. Lot of fun. HR always there on the site ready to help.

Cons

Salary could be higher.

Advice to Management

More selective when hire people.

2. "Rude"

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pays well at 15 an hour

Cons

working at amazon was literally such a nightmare i hated every second of it. the staff was so rude i could not believe it.. anyone who tells you differently is lying. the only positive is that it is $15/hr but the management expects so much from you and act like they are way above you. i went to the bathroom one time and got docked an entire point for not being at my place of work.. like are we not allowed to have a stomach ache without getting in trouble? i was shocked. also i had a creepy man follow me around every time i was at work and followed me into my car and when i told HR they did nothing about it. the HR is really horrible there and were so behind on emails and didn't ever respond. it was really embarrassing on their part. im not even venting on here i just need people to know that the management is horrible and they expect so much out of you and the BEST you will get is maybe a high five. it's horrible and i was ecstatic to quit. please do not waste your time here. i became so depressed working as an associate. would never recommend this to anyone.

Advice to Management

be nicer ! waaaay nicer to your employees and look around at who is doing a good job and congratulate them on a job well done.. instead of belitting everyone and acting so entitled. the girls who work there are so mean it makes me really sad.

3. "Decent"

Current Employee - Process Assistant in Lancaster, NY
    Current Employee - Process Assistant in Lancaster, NY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good resume experience
    Benefits
    Very Reasonable Time Off Options
    Fast Pace

Cons

Lots of miles spent walking

4. "Setup To Fail"

Former Employee - Fullfilment Associate in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Fullfilment Associate in Lancaster, NY

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay, clean, and state of the art.

Cons

Unsafe, dishonest hiring practices, and poor management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your worker's concerns, unlock all the bathrooms during shifts, communicate with each other, fix your scheduling errors, and do something about the weak wifi in the back so scanners don't disconnect from the server so often.

5. "Okay at the beginning, downhill as time went on"

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good initial work environment
    New experiences
    Easy to learn system of things

Cons

Toxic seasonal people who don't want to work
    Work didn't add up to pay
    Part time, hard to achieve full time status

Advice to Management

Don't separate the people who know what they're doing from each other. Learn to get the lazy ones to work and actually get stuff done.

6. "Amazon Warehouse Associate (Lancaster, NY)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, NY

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Quick to bait people at job fairs

Cons

Not living up to many expectations/ very unprofessional employee services.

Advice to Management

I was not able to continue with my employment with the Amazon warehouse position due to the companies incompetencies. Initially, when I applied and landed the job, I came in for the drug and background check, which went through fine. I waited for the “confirmation email” to be sent to me after everything cleared. I waited till the “projected orientation date” (10/29/18) to call Candidate Support, they informed me that my drug and background checks came back fine, but had to push orientation back to the 5th of November. I called the 5th, to notify them that I did not receive the “orientation email” and told me to call back 11/8/18. I call on the 8th, only for them to tell me that the specific shift I applied for will no longer be applicapable and that they will have to reschedule my orientation once again. After a long back and forth with “candidate support”, they notify me that the warehouse I was to work at, was “under construction “. I asked why i wasnt informed and was given the run around. The candidate support system is a joke. The call center does not help at all, i begged and pleaded for a more direct form of contacting the location I would be working for but they insisted that they had no way to get in contact with them. As big of a corporation as Amazon, I am left completely disappointed and rather offended at the professionalism displayed in the last couple weeks. Technically, I was employed by Amazon once the clearances passed, and to not have access to proper communication with the building i was to work in is completely stupid. I cannot get a hold of HR to explain my situation. I dont understand why a company wont allow their employees access to any vital information for their job. I could continue with my review, But I will stop here and say that they are a joke and I will do what I can to let people know how they handle their employees until they get their situation under control.

7. "Anonymous"

Current Employee - Laborer in Lancaster, NY
    Current Employee - Laborer in Lancaster, NY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers constantly walk floor to address issues or give compliments on work. You get discounts on various business sites from phones to computer to cruises

Cons

They do not offer full time

Advice to Management

Offer more than 6. - 4 hour shifts and more people would stay

"Company does not have good policies for employees"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Center Associate in Lancaster, NY
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Center Associate in Lancaster, NY

I worked at Amazon part-time

Pros

Consistent schedule learn warehouse process.

Cons

UPT is not reasonable as if you have a legitimate reason for being absent it is still held against you and you loose your job. My days were Medically excused and yet I was let go due to I got negative upt.

They say they are for their employees and i was let go for reasons that any real company would have considered.

Advice to Management

You need to be reasonable when accessing someones absences. I had perfect attendance and they got ill and let go. i was sick for a week and the doctor excused it. Yet I was let go. I am researching if this is legal.

"Logistics Representative"

Former Employee - Logistics Representative in Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Logistics Representative in Buffalo, NY

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This job had no positive aspects. From the start of the on-boarding process, I was blatantly deceived.

Cons

Horrible work life balance. You should be prepared to dedicate your life to Amazon. The job description I was given was inaccurate to the actual job and I talked to general recruiters. When I asked about hours , they said " it was up to your hiring manager." (warning sign #1). Several things were wrong from the start:

1.) Buffalo location tried to open too fast. They had to fly people in from other locations to open the Buffalo fulfillment. They haven't been home for a month.
    2.) I didn't get a paycheck for a month. what if I was a single mother????
    3.) didn't have a chair for my 10 hour shifts.
    4.) Schedule is inflexible. There will be a black-out period from November to January where you cannot take any days off or you'll get fired.
    5.) I was not properly trained: normal protocol would be to send me to another fully operational location and shadow someone for a month. I only received about 3 weeks of training at the home site that they rushed to open. After 3 weeks, the "out of town" operators had to leave. Total responsibility would be on me if I made a mistake.
    6.) To HR and senior management, you are just a number.

Advice to Management

Create a healthy work-life balance for employees who aren't floor associates. treat your job candidates with respect and be honest during the interview and on-boarding process.

"Production/warehouse"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Lancaster, NY
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Lancaster, NY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Scanning mail is great I scan 179 mail package in one day it varies, on different days of the week. I enjoy doing the mail, and I received bonus points for one day being a splitter sorting mail.

Cons

The distance in walking through the building to site is a lot of work on the legs, and bending to reach the mail can be pain in the back, yet most of all it get better on my body because it's the muscle,s I do not use often.

Showing 13 of 31,224 reviews