Amazon Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

3.9
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Get chance to learn a lot while working on a real world problem (in 425 reviews)

• It really depends on the individual employees to maintain the work-life balance (in 339 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not easy to maintain (in 1970 reviews)

• There is nearly no work life balance (in 422 reviews)

1. "Amazon Rocks!"

Current Employee - Senior HRA in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior HRA in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of our customers and associates
    Being a part of the most innovative companies in the world
    Countless opportunities for advancement

Cons

often work long hours with short breaks

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on ways to enhance work/life balance for associates. Train managers to have balance of driving performance while developing associates

2. "A great culture with so many wonderful opportunities!"

Current Employee - Team Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Team Manager in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, Career advancement/opportunities available, Virtual (work-from-home) positions, Stock options, Salary is respectable, Work-Life balance, Employees overall are happy!

Cons

Tools currently used for communication (Virtual Teams), company size makes it extremely competitive to advance to other positions

Advice to Management

I would like to see more focus placed on individual development. The employees are the BEST asset a company has. I would like to see more focus on effective training, outside learning and employee development, Also potentially implementing a training development program for individuals who are looking to move to the next level to help us be prepared for those opportunities when they arise.

3. "CLT2"

Current Employee - Sorter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sorter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It a layed back job and a great place to work.

Cons

Those concrete floors are tough

Advice to Management

Management is good

"Good benefits"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good compensation, and benefits from day one, a lot of perks and motovation.

Cons

Short breaks, and work is physically demanding

"Overall Experience"

Current Employee - ICQA Fulfillment Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - ICQA Fulfillment Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits they provide the starting pay and the incentives they give are all pros

Cons

cross trained in different departments with no pay differential

Advice to Management

pay should increase per experience

6. "Finally! My start date is April 5 2017"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I cannot yet compose a review of all the PRO (s) I am certain to experience whilst being an Amazonian. I was one of the first 100 candidates to attend the Amazon Hiring Event in Sept. 2016. Unfortunatly, a few miscommunication challenges, delayed my onboarding. I remained relentless, professionally tenacious...Amazon I my gateway to reinventing myself . For this I know, I will achieve promotions, contribute ideas and finally enjoy going to work everyday

Cons

Although I answer this question based upon the plethora of research I've completed. I cannot e any cons

7. "Great Benefits, Terrible Job"

Former Employee - Fullfilment Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Fullfilment Associate in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits Are the only Pros of this Job.

Cons

Health, Lifestyle, Stressful & Poor management

Advice to Management

Maturity & straight forward Communication is needed.

"If They Can Hire Outside The USA They Will"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only positive thing that I can say about Amazon is the employee really is empowered to assist the customer.

Cons

We are lied to from the start. The seasonal workers are told that after 90 days (or at least when I started) that if we did a great job we would be converted to regular employment. That didn't happen.

More than one person who did everything right, worked the mandatory overtime without question during the Christmas season get told she would be let go the day after Christmas. Yet they were simultaneously hiring for their off-shore call centers because we would get transfers from those in the first part of training. She was 1 day shy of making 90 days so she couldn't even file for unemployment for our state.

The customer service satisfaction surveys are not contestable even when the customer writes that you were great but USPS or UPS was not. If you get 1 no, you need to have 11 yes responses to counteract that no. Survey contesting wasn't possible after the fact either if you got a No due to political even though Amazon did later on decide political calls were able to be suppressed. Amazon funded the lawsuit in Washington against the immigration ban.

Maintaining power and internet is placed 100 percent on the responsibility of the employee including things that you cannot control. You are given a bucket that is only 20 hours to cover things such as child is out sick, doctor appointments, or you have crappy internet. Those things you might be able to control. However, the things that cannot be controlled are things such as area wide power outages or internet outages that might not affect millions but does affect your area community. Amazon refuses to acknowledge those things as area wide issues.

Things such as the garbage truck gets tangled in the line and severs the fiber internet line for your community thus knocking you out of work. A crazy car driving down the road too fast loses control and hits the power pole and knocks it into the road thus causing a power outage for the community. Those two events destroyed my 20 hours.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with that same customer centric attitude you so want to have for the rest. And maybe listen to your customers once in a while that they don't want to talk to people from other countries when they are American.

"Good while it lasted."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Amazon (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Set schedule. Three days off in the week.

Cons

30 min lunch break.. Constant issues with pay. No direct phone number.

Advice to Management

Team leaders should actually get to know their employees. Stop giving just anybody an ambassador position.

"Amazon Work From Home-Customer Service"

Current Employee - Amazon Work From Home CSA in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Amazon Work From Home CSA in Charlotte, NC

Pros

As a Work from Home Virtual Contact Associate, you get the flexibility to work from home, and you get to choose your schedule, which is awesome. I have an awesome Team Lead that is always willing to help, and even though you don't physically interact with co-workers, people on your team are also willing to help out a lot. Amazon gives you the freedom to make empowered decisions that most other retailers would only assign to supervisors, so long as you back up why you are making the decision. System offers you a probable resolution guideline which helps you figure out how best to help the customer. Very customer-centric environment, so most customers are actually surprised when things go wrong with Amazon, because they rarely do. However, this also means that customers who do call are probably facing lost packages, and other complex situations, which require a lot of patience and creativity in reaching a resolution. It feels great to be a part of the largest online retailer in the world, and Amazon instills employees, even seasonal ones, with a strong sense of pride.

Cons

Work from home pay is very low, with no benefits. Most positions are seasonal assignments and you won't know if they will keep you until the end of your assignment, which can range from 3-6 months. Work from home training is short, only two weeks, and then you are basically thrown into the job. Also, Amazon expects you to look for all of your answers independently, so if you are the type of employee who expects a supervisor to give you the answers right away when you ask, this job is not for you. The Team Leads will guide you in the right direction, but they will rarely give you a direct answer, and this can be frustrating in the beginning. Also performance is based on customers responding to a survey and it feels unfair when you work hard to help a customer, only to know they may not respond to the survey at all. Also career path for a work from home employee is not well defined, unclear how to advance in the company in this position.

Advice to Management

Find another way beside the HMD to rate a CSA's performance. Offer more training as it is entirely too short. Provide higher pay and benefits for the VCC, the pay is too low even for a work from home job. Outline a possible career path for the VCC.

Showing 16 of 19,219 reviews