Amazon Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

3.8
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

1. "Not for everyon but excellent for some!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazon can be a challenging environment and is not for everyone, especially if you do not want to work hard and be all in. If you are willing to put in the effort, Amazon is extremely rewarding and allows one to do far bigger things here than you could anywhere else in the same fields!

Cons

The drive can be aggressive and sometimes seems unfriendly and tough. Again, if you work hard and want to drive hard yourself, this is not terrible.

2. "Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Operations Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great salary and stock benefits!

Cons

Can be a very demanding job in terms of hours,

3. "So so, needs operational improvement"

Current Employee - Stower in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Stower in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    Repetitive task oriented work
    Easy if you pay attention

Cons

•Supervisors/ambassadors (young, inexperienced in management, condescending, argumentative)
    •Scheduling-hard to get a good schedule if you start seasonally
    •Differentiating training on daily tasks regardless of how the full group is instructed by upper management.
    •cut hours frequently
    •poor training if trained at all

Advice to Management

***I’m working PT as a second income and I have management and HR experience. I’m going to be as objective as Possible but this is also based on my experience at one warehouse, others could be run differently.***

Be aware of your team and train your ambassadors so they are able to properly train the team to do things consistently, accurately and with minimal downtime. Be mindful of unproductive people and address the issues. I’m in a warehouse that ships around 30,000 packages a night but if people were trained when hired and things were done productively, it could be accomplished with a third less staff in the same time. There’s 2 hours minimum on-boarding training videos you have to do before you start (Unpaid) that could EASILY include training on how to pick, pack, stow and load a van so people could be ready on day one and already know the basics. That is, if they didn’t give a completely different training on how to do things based on who’s there. (Very frustrating for someone who’s been a trainer). They could EASILY create an interactive training course on familiarizing yourself with how to read the labels etc, the post office does this before you’re even hired to be sure you understand what you’ll need to be able to do. Be mindful that “ambassador” is a supervisory role, and should be earned by people who are at minimum knowledgeable and experienced in the work and managing people.

All that being said, having an HR background I’ve seen enough to qualify for a hostile work environment case before I hit a month in. (Again, this is one location) Some management figures can be great and some seem to be too immature for the position (argumentative, bad mouthing corporate on day 1, unwilling to conform to upper management training procedures). Others have a lot of unnecessary back and forth with employees ultimately running them off for no reason.

Overall it’s an “easy” job (you can work up a sweat) that pays good money for what it is. Just block out the nonsense and get your work done. I gave it 3 stars because of the pay and benefits and ease of the job, it’s the same everyday. But those 2 stars down are based on management and lack of proper training.

4. "Performance is closely monitored on a weekly basis"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The main pro about the reserve customer service associates is the flexibility and the ability to make your own schedule as well as to work from your home.

Cons

As a customer service associate you take phone calls via computer. You are monitored by the response you receive from the callers as to whether you helped them or not. Sometimes there is nothing you can do to affect this. It can be a company policy that you are the messenger of, and the customer is not happy and grades you harshly. You can lose your job if you get a low Positive Response rate.

"Customer Service Associate"

Former Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - CSA - Customer Service Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Part-time, work from home was pretty nice. Make your own shift. Take off when you need if you have the hours to take. I got 20 hours every 3 months to take off whenever I needed. No calling in. Plus, there was plenty of VTO posted every week, so you can take those hours if they're posted and not have to work.

Cons

Very unforgiving disciplinary system. Your customers are you judge and jury, so if they're having a bad day to begin with, not much can stop them from giving you a "No", which to Amazon is the bottom line.

Advice to Management

CSAs get recorder. Let CSAs protest the "No"s and have a team leader review it and take it away if it's not the CSA's fault.

"Great work for great people"

Current Employee - Campus Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Campus Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company cares for those even at the lowest level. I am currently an L1 and have had opportunities that I would not have imagined with people higher up in the company. I am grateful for everything that Amazon has sent my way.

Cons

I'm part time and cannot work more than 20 hours a week.

"Excellent company for developing leaders at all levels"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Feedback rich environment
    High standards and expectation to deliver high quality work
    Unlimited opportunities to grow in your role and expand into new areas

Cons

Its not for everyone. Feedback is very direct and measurable results are expected. We work very hard but I feel we are well compensated for our efforts and there are no limits to the personal and professional growth that we can attain. Leaders are responsible to manage their work/life harmony.

"Should’ve just stayed with my other job."

Former Employee - Sortation Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sortation Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was pretty decent. And they always gave incentives and free stuff to try and make you think you were working in a good environment

Cons

HR is absolutely horrible, if you have a school schedule forget working here. You won’t be able to get a hold of anyone in HR.
    Little to no training
    Bad management

Advice to Management

Don’t be so rude to your employees and train them better.

9. "It is what it is!!"

Current Employee - Associate in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most Flexible scheduling I have ever seen!

Cons

No benefits, not much room for promotion or pay raise

Advice to Management

Develop employees , and give them a monetary rewards to grow. Set up a pay raise system.

"Challenging and Engaging Environment"

Current Employee - Global Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Global Account Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Your work is customer focused rather then internally focused. I've worked for several large technology companies, and the talent level here is by far the best. I'm challenged every day in a positive manner, and the opportunities to grow your career are awesome.

Cons

Some customers are hesitant to work with AWS because of their fear of competing with Amazon.com.

Showing 25 of 31,235 reviews