Amazon Reviews in Cincinnati, OH | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • While my work-life balance is great - others are having a different experience (in 2134 reviews)

• Sometimes no work life balance and manager will not let you work overtime (in 444 reviews)

1. "I've enjoyed my time so far at Amazon"

Current Employee - Amazon Area Manager in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Amazon Area Manager in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The compensation from Amazon is very fair. Vacation and personal time is pretty standard.

Cons

Depending on your level within the company & your location the work/life balance of Amazon can vary. If you're not happy with your current situation consider taking action to relocate to a different area that may have different hours or different opportunities.

Advice to Management

Please continue to be proactive and develop your teams based on their opportunities. I recommend the introduction of reading assignments to broaden the views of those within leadership.

"Excellent company for developing leaders at all levels"

Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Human Resources Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Feedback rich environment
    High standards and expectation to deliver high quality work
    Unlimited opportunities to grow in your role and expand into new areas

Cons

Its not for everyone. Feedback is very direct and measurable results are expected. We work very hard but I feel we are well compensated for our efforts and there are no limits to the personal and professional growth that we can attain. Leaders are responsible to manage their work/life harmony.

3. "Its okay"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

quick easy money, peak incentives

Cons

Managers don't know how to run the building. We have new management every month. If you are getting bullied at work they just shrug their shoulders. They hire anyone that applies ( even if they don't know any English) Life is miserable working there.

Advice to Management

Please teach people how to run things better. Every PA I worked with runs the shift different than the others.

4. "associate"

Former Employee - Associate in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Has good benefits and compensation plans. The pay is comparable to those other companies in the area.

Cons

Long shift. A lot of walking on concrete, management show too much one sided favoritism . Also at times its a hostel work environment.

Advice to Management

Be firm but fair with the employees. Show that you care but is not a push over.

"Its Okay"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting a lot of great people, and always knowing you have work to do.

Cons

Its basically just going into the warehouse and moving boxes, its not going to stimulate you and its going to get old. But finding some friends to work with makes the time better.

6. "DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work isn't so hard, I guess.. Benefits (that I never used), Paid time/holidays, 50 cent raises every 6 months (until you reach the maximum, which I can't remember right now), they'll pay tuition after 2 yrs (I think), pay for your CDL after 1 yr, stocks after 2 yrs. And they offer you a buyout if you want to leave the company (have to be there a yr & you'd get $1,000 for each yr you've worked). But listen to me... BENEFITS ARE EVERYWHERE!!!! Don't let this job fool you into thinking that you can't find the SAME STUFF elsewhere! You definitely can!! I've seen so many young people go there right after high school and end up there long afterwards, it's just so sad. A lot of people who've been there for years have COLLEGE DEGREES... Don't get caught up!

Cons

EVERYTHING ABOUT THE JOB. No sitting, anywhere. Hard floors to walk on for 10-12 hrs. Mandatory overtime is horrible. No space. LOTS of discrimination and I've seen EVERY rule get broken. People complain over (black) women's clothing, meanwhile, white women get away with the same stuff!! If you got to HR about someone, they tell that person on you! Managers showed favoritism. They disrespect your seniority! I'd been there 2 years, and was training NEW people (which was NEVER my job) to do jobs that I couldn't do, because they REFUSED to move me to other tasks! I even trained a manager! They were keeping me in one place, with no explanation, though I'd ben there for years.. That's why I left! Don't fall for the money, make it elsewhere! They don't pay you more to drive any of the power equipment, they don't pay you more to be an ambassador. GO elsewhere!!!!I started off making 11.25 ..... after I left, I worked as a cashier and made 11.62! STARTING! Lol. See what I mean??? Instead of long hour/hard labor, you can do something as EASY as retail & make more! AMAZON IS NOT WORTH IT! DON'T DO IT!!!!!!!!

Advice to Management

You should ACTUALLY support your employees, DON'T discriminate, and allow room for advancement! HR shouldn't be sharing 'confidential' information with their favorite employees either!

7. "Hard Work and Great Benefits"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The healthcare benefits are amazing. Less than $350 / month for your entire family. Hebron is a great location. No city traffic to deal with. Prime Pantry is not affected by Peak season very much. People are usually only fired for using all their time off and then some.

Cons

Sometimes the work load is overwhelming. If you stop to pick up trash off the floor, you are actually increasing you time off task. Sounds petty, but it's true.

Advice to Management

Many level one employees are well educated and looking for new opportunity. We are definitely talked down to at meetings.

8. "Yard specialist"

Current Employee - Yard Specialist in Hebron, KY
    Current Employee - Yard Specialist in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work environment and people

Cons

Pay and great benefits for you

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Forklift pick truck and warehouse worker"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Hebron, KY

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They paid great money to make the ads for employment sound great

Cons

Money doesn't match the hard labor and disrespect to employees

Advice to Management

Respect the employees and deal with each with an open heart and a closed mouth

"It’s been tough working there. The management is very poor and Human Resources is even worse."

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Hebron, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are great coworkers and plenty of new people to meet. There is always overtime opportunities. Ability to learn new things throughout the workplace.

Cons

Pay is poor. Management is poor. HR is poor. Long work days and very short breaks. All break rooms are far from the stations and get yelled at when even a few minutes late.

Advice to Management

Work with your employees more. Try to understand what’s going on with them before just firing people.

Showing 141 of 21,691 reviews