Amazon Reviews in College Park, MD | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2517 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 523 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Part Time Campus Associate in College Park, MD
    Current Employee - Part Time Campus Associate in College Park, MD

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is well above minimum wage. It is easy to tell whether or not you are working to the standards that Amazon has set for the team. The team themselves and Management within store is very friendly and has a lot of positive energy.

Cons

The senior management does not communicate what is expected of the store. Often difficult to manage customer experience and senior leadership expectations.

Advice to Management

Give employees clearer picture as to why they are doing what they are doing.

2. "Campus Associate"

Current Employee - Campus Associate in College Park, MD
    Current Employee - Campus Associate in College Park, MD

I have been working at Amazon (More than a year)

Pros

Manager is fantastic, coworkers are people I would want to hang out with, work is very autonomous and they are flexible with my class schedule and time off whenever I need it. Amazon NEXT program gives me internship and job opportunities in the future.

Cons

No merit-based or tenure-based pay raises. I am one of the only ones that has been with the company since the store opened and I believe I deserve a pay raise. Also, countlessly bothered by technical issues and Amazon is so big a company that corporate doesn't care until we literally can't function as a store because of the issue. Dealing with a lot of rude and angry customers is also rough.

Advice to Management

Institute merit-based raises for employees and be more responsive to store managers needs.

Showing 2 of 28,932 reviews