Amazon Concierge Reviews | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2517 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 523 reviews)

1. "AWS Experience"

Current Employee - Concierge Agent in Herndon, VA
    Current Employee - Concierge Agent in Herndon, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The flexibility afforded to me working at AWS is bar none. As a working mom flexibility is often the most important thing I look for in a position. I'm able to put my family needs first without sacrificing my job or fearful that I will lose it unlike at my last employer.

Cons

You have to seek for a promotion. It's not a natural progression or based on tenure. You have to search for your next role in the company and since things are based on levels it can be hard sometimes to move from one department to the next.

Advice to Management

A clear growth/promotion pattern that can be easily understood. How does one get from L4 to L5 in a specific department.

"Bait and Switch"

Former Employee - Technical Customer Service Specialist- Concierge in Herndon, VA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Amazon definitely gives you a recognizable company to put on your resume, but that's about it. Benefits are middle of the road. You can claim $50 reimbursement for your cell phone bill. Oh, and you can wear whatever you want to work - which is nice I suppose.

Cons

1. Poor vacation/time off (5 days for hourly, 10 for salary)
    2. Management is a disaster and there is no outlook to fix it
    3. Micro-management is unavoidable
    4. Telecommuting seems like voodoo to the company even when the job can easily be done from home
    5. You're overworked
    6. No recognition for anything at all
    7. Little chances for moving around in the company

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want and do it. Management is a disaster and there is no guidance anywhere.