Amazon Reviews in Cranbury, NJ | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2517 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 523 reviews)

1. "Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits 4 days work week

Cons

Physically exhausting strenuous work. Too depending on individual rates

2. "Sorting Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can choose to work full, part-time, or 15 hs a week, day or night shift.

Cons

You work until you are drained

"Nerve-wracking. I was grateful for the work, but this isn't a place you'd want to stay long term."

Former Employee - Order Picker in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay, Comfortable break room, decent training. Manages were wonderful

Cons

Expected to meet unattainable numbers, Time between scans is heavily monitored, every minute needs to be accounted for. 3 minutes to use the restroom and you might be reprimanded. They advise you to use the restroom during one of 2, 8 minute breaks (on a standard 10 hour shift) but we're all adults here. When you need to go, you gotta go. This highlights a certain disregard for the needs and satisfaction of Amazon employees. The work is tedious, the environment is soul crushing. It's just not a place designed with the individual in mind, Amazon knows this. This isn't a position you'd like to hold long term. It's a place holder for those that do not have another option. It's a paycheck you'll suffer for.

Advice to Management

Remove the 'wall of shame' of the anonymous employees that have been terminated for various offenses. This seems blatantly cruel, a clear attempt to instill fear and unease on your already anxious employees. Poor judgement call. Workers that feel respected are better employees.

"Packing"

Current Employee - Packing in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Packing in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Good benefits and hours

Cons

The pay is not great and over worked and very hard labor work

Advice to Management

It's not the management it's how CEO runs his business. The CEO only cares about how much he makes and doesn't care how hard his employees works. For his Company and also it's not a union as well so the CEO can do wat ever he want and treat his employees like slaves wit under paying job for hard working employees

5. "Ok pay, No teamwork ."

Former Employee - Order Picker in Cranbury, NJ

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stock options
    Good benefits
    Ok pay
    VTO time
    10% off Amazon website

Cons

Managers and the organization are more focused on production rates than employees .

Amazon preaches a team environment , however the actual tone is push people out of the way so you can make your numbers, which creates a very hostile environment among the employees ( at least the case with order pickers , I do not know about the other functions.

Long hours , especially in peak season

Advice to Management

Amazon is potentially a great place to work , but if teamwork is lacking things will eventually fall apart . Please take better care of your employees .

Most of the time( at least most days I worked there) the people with good pick rates , were the ones who would push people out of the way to get them , or leave all their empty boxes for someone else to pick them up ect .. and they would get rewarded because it is a number based system , it just seems flawed and really needs to be fixed .

6. "Tier 1"

Current Employee - Tier I in Cranbury, NJ
    Current Employee - Tier I in Cranbury, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It is the case that you can advance in the company. However, if you have no work experience or college degree it will be a slow go. There seems to be a sense of who you know for advancement. The hours are very much set for any given shifts. If you are one that wants time off and do not need the money, there is plenty of opportunity for VTO which you do not get paid for. However, during the peak season this will not be offered.

Cons

If you work hard, do not expect to receive special treatment. Amazon will utilize this and will not give you acknowledgement for you hard work. However, they will give you more work! You really have to show that you want to learn more and not be complacent. Keep learning new things as soon as you can to move up.
    The breaks are short. I feel that Amazon is focused on the metrics of the business and not on the individual. Simply put, you may get a truck today that has freight that is easy to process, but tomorrow you may spend hours fixing problems that make you look bad. And simply for the fact that Amazon does not take that i to consideration. You will have to be there in order to understand. Things change from day to day.

Advice to Management

For one, pay attention to your hard workers. If you have someone that seems to be a winner then you should consider moving them up the ranks.

Showing 6 of 28,863 reviews