Amazon Customer Service Team Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Bezos
  1. "Love working here"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very flexible, work from home leadership position. Lots of communication and ability to engage. Wonderful culture and can do attitudes.

Cons

Difficult to advance, more people that are eligible for advancement than there are open positions. Roadblocks to the next level are abundant. Once one is overcome a new one is identified. Creates bad morale - stagnant performance when movement is desired, and there is no place to go.

Advice to Management

Continue to motivate and develop. Identify other roles that may also be good fits for leaders that could help drive development and career advancement.

Amazon2018-07-02

"Benefits are worth it all"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incredible pay for the work and responsibility. I work from home, they sent me two monitors, a laptop, a dock, a keyboard and a mouse. My level of position recently moved from hourly to salary, depending on the boss that means my hours can flex a good amount. Health benefits are off the chain. Stock values are incredible. I bought my very first house with my Amazon salary, I've only been here a year, I sit in my pajamas in my own house every day. Unreal.

Cons

Big changes happen quickly and often. I have no spouse or kids or very many other activities, so the schedule changes are relatively easy for me to deal with. I don't know how people with strict schedules with things outside of work do it. Due to the constant change and variation, it is hard to communicate mass changes clearly, effectively and far enough ahead of time to give people a chance to adjust. Most of the time leadership does a pretty good job with it, but if you can't handle change or ambiguity, or you need tons of structure, rules, answers and hand holding, this position is definitely not for you. Every once in a while you're left to fend for yourself (and find a way to take care of a team of people who don't know you or care that you don't know any of the answers), you need to be a go getter and be willing to go find the answers you need as opposed to wait for your boss to tell you.

Advice to Management

The company is still growing at an explosive rate in a hundred different directions...I wonder if it would be wise to iron out more kinks in the new spaces before starting another new business. I get frustrated when I see so many things falling through the cracks in some of the newer specialty spaces but then hear that we've started an entirely new concept somewhere else. Like why wouldn't you make sure one specialty is up and running somewhat smoothly before starting a new project?

Amazon2017-09-27
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Leader in Winchester, KY

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Amazing people, opportunities, and benefits. You have to be willing to work but if you are you will ne well rewarded, both financially and mentally.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything that I would list as a con. The company asks everyone to identify faults and come up with solutions.

Amazon2016-09-11
  5. "Could be better could be worse"

Customer Service Team Lead in Grand Forks, ND

I have been working at Amazon

Pros

Its a fairly decent company to work for although it can get crazy and hectic come the holidays. The pay scale is fairly average I suppose however for the amount of work that you're required to do (ie putting in OT alot) and constantly changing work schedules (tends to change every 6-8 months) and dealing with angry customers makes it seem below average. Communication between management and employees can go either way. All in all not a bad place to work.

Cons

Schedules being changed every 6-8 months and the stress of dealing with really angry customers.

Advice to Management

n/a

Amazon2008-08-21
  6. "working at Amaozn"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tremendous learning, diverse people, right compensation

Cons

work-personal life balance may get difficult at times

Amazon2019-09-21
  7. "Team Manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Coimbatore

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very dynamic environment. Challenging in a positive manner

Cons

- Work life balance is totally affected - Not a place for sensitive - Functions are not well structured - Though I like the Org, I had to leave as I was unable to focus on my personal life. Sometimes i felt like, hey i borned to live sone life not only to work for Amazon

Advice to Management

Have SMEs to support managers Streamline the Business enabling functions well

Amazon2019-08-20
  8. "Great Place To Work.....But"

Current Employee - Customer Services Team Manager in Pune

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very open culture. No closed doors. No dress code. Tons of opportunities to learn and extremely dynamic. There's a lot of focus on employee engagement .

Cons

Payscale right from associates to first level Managers is below par, specifically for CS.

Advice to Management

Focus on improving hiring standards, people with better communication skills and maturity, and revising pay structure accordingly.

Amazon2019-05-03
  9. "My Amazon career has been like The Flash"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Coto Brus

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Working environment Tons of growing opportunities Steady company growth Competitive compensations Always changing in innovating ways

Cons

Difficult to know everything there is to know, as everything is constantly changing People grow so fast that you get to see great friends go out to different sites and even countries due to promotions on their careers

Advice to Management

You need to have a VERY open mind and be a VERY adaptable kind of professional You need to be ok with it always been day one on your role because every changes very fast

Amazon2018-10-29
  10. "may be no better place than amazon to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Team Manager in Hyderābād

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

learning, fast paced and every day brings new challenges.

Cons

at times, you are way too much involved in the work

Amazon2018-04-16
  11. "I love Amazon!"

Current Employee - Customer Services Team Manager in Pune

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I get to do so many things in addition to what I was hired for. I love music and I do it at Amazon too.

Cons

I wish I was paid better..

Advice to Management

Increase salaries

Amazon2018-03-26