Amazon Reviews in Eugene, OR | Glassdoor

Jeff Bezos
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • While my work-life balance is great - others are having a different experience (in 2134 reviews)

• Sometimes no work life balance and manager will not let you work overtime (in 444 reviews)

"One of the best work at home positions"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eugene, OR

Pros

Amazon was a great company to work from home for. They offer above minimum wage and have an awesome training team and program (even with all my internet problems starting out) the only reason i no longer work for them is because I chose a different WAH company under the impression of them being a better career in the long run and boy was I so wrong!
    If you are a mom without much time or you just want to be closer involved in your childs milestones or school. ..working for amazon will be one if the best decisions you make.

Cons

I do not have anything negetive to say about this company.

Advice to Management

Great job

2. "Amazon instant video customer service"

Former Employee - AIV Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR
    Former Employee - AIV Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home, voluntary time off during slow times, fun incentive programs.

Cons

Limited training, varied work hours

Advice to Management

Train managers better

"Work From Home Customer Service Rep - Part-time (seasonal)"

Former Employee - Seasonal Part-time Customer Service Representative in Eugene, OR

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview process, simple personal computer navigation related assessment, excellent online training, lots of perks (free gifts, incentives).

Cons

Not easy to convert to a full-time position or a permanent position at the end of employment. Ironically, many employees return year after year just for the same part-time position hoping someday they would get a FT position. No company benefits (health insurance, etc) due to part-time position. Not flexible with actual production hours (permanent work schedule). They give you the worst work schedule, including both Friday & Saturday nights. As complex as the job is (orders, returns, policies of thousands of products), they only pay $10 an hour! Not worth it, unless you have no other option!!!

Advice to Management

Need to read everything what I wrote above and make adjustments. Phone reps are the first point of contact for the entire company, and its existence; the reps need to be taken care of.

Showing 3 of 21,735 reviews