Amazon Flex Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Amazon Flex CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • good pay if you get enough shifts (in 34 reviews)

• Easy job sometimes the 3 hour blocks you are assigned can be finished in half the time but you still get the same pay rate no matter how long it took (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • You use your own car, so consider wear and tear (in 45 reviews)

• It always takes longer than the 3 hour block your paid for (in 23 reviews)

"Amazon Flex is GREAT but not for EVERYONE"

Current Employee - Flex Driver in Baltimore Highlands, MD
    Current Employee - Flex Driver in Baltimore Highlands, MD

I have been working at Amazon Flex full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Make you own schedule, money is good, independence and free from an office/dictatorship environment. Lol

Cons

Using you own car is really the only con.

Advice to Management

There should be a dedicated Flex Ambassador at each station. That way drivers would have a way of getting their questions answered, new Flex drivers can be properly trained i.e. how to use the Flex app on their phones, how to properly load their vehicles, what to do in case a customer isn't home to receive their package or what to do if they might exceed their 3 hour block.
    Try to maintain some sort of regularity as far as when blocks are dropped. I love this job. Don't make t harder for me to schedule work. :-)

"Flex delivery driver"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Pros

Great pay!!! You can work whenever you want and get a lot of blocks in the beginning

Cons

Sometimes you get too many packages of Deliver. If customers say that they didn't receive a package from you you will be fired.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at finding packages the customers report stolen. Don't just fire the driver without doing a better investigation of where the packages have gone. A customer will lie and say that they did not receive a package in order to get something for free.

"Best Ever Part Time Job"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time

Pros

Extremely flexible. Learning new routes through town. Happy customers. Meeting new people. Some weeks able to grab up to 40 hours worth of delivery blocks.

Cons

Constant fishing for blocks. Delivery block offers dissapear in micro seconds. Having to compete against people who use "alternative" block grabbing methods. Wear and tear on your car. Idiot customers.

Advice to Management

Do a better job at figuring who isn't following the rules, and how, for getting delivery blocks. It makes it harder for honest drivers.

"My experience with Amazon Flex"

Current Employee - Driver in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid well for a part-time gig - average about $27/hr gross.
    Usually complete a 3 hr shift in 2 hours or less
    Never gone over my shift
    Paid twice a week so it's almost like having a job that tips ( Cash all the time)
    Work when you want
    I see available shifts all day up until about 2 pm then it gets much more difficult to get a block. I always get a shift when I put effort into it.
    There are days when they offer up to $72 for a 3 hour shift. I've even seen $98 for a 3 hr shift
    Pay is guaranteed even if you fail to deliver every package

Cons

Difficult to get shifts. You have to be on the look out but not too difficult
    Using your own car
    Expenses usually account for at least 20 percent of your pay
    You must return packages if failed to deliver asap which may mean back tracking out of your way which adds miles and take away from pay. Rare for me since i am only doing this part time
    The gps app is terrible

Advice to Management

Fix the app. Open more locations.

"Driver Support needs to improve!"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Amazon Flex full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Make your own hours, great pay, paid twice a week, the warehouse workers are very helpful and friendly

Cons

The only way to talk to driver support about an issue is through email, and they often don't respond in a timely manner, and when they do respond, the response is seemingly auto-generated and very impersonal. I've explained issues to them on more than one occasion, and it's as if they don't even read my email, because their response is completely unrelated to my concern. It's very, very frustrating.

Advice to Management

PLEASE make driver support available by phone, so that we can speak to a HUMAN. It's infuriating to have to go back and forth over a course of days to fix an issue that could be fixed in minutes if we were able to just talk to a person.

6. "Amazon Flex - First Time"

Current Employee - Office Administrator in La Mirada, CA
    Current Employee - Office Administrator in La Mirada, CA

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Decent pay, easy once you get the hang of it. Route goes quickly and all stops were very close to one another. It's very easy once you get the hang of it which takes about two or three stops your first route.

Cons

Hard to get blocks; Had hard time finding the hub the first time in Irvine. Customer Service was NO HELP! Employees at Hub are useless. The bags were not loaded by street or route so I had to re-sort so they were correct. Routing app is horrible.

Advice to Management

Update your routing app, train your customer service reps and your warehouse hub employees.

7. "Driver"

Current Employee - Bus Driver in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Bus Driver in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Making my own hours and

Cons

No work, and have have to be the 1st person on the app to get the work.

Advice to Management

Amazon flex and Atlanta Ga

"Flex Driver"

Current Employee - Flex Driver in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Flex Driver in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, for the most part.
    As long as you do it with at least 45 minutes notice, you can drop a shift anytime.
    7 day a week operations, so you can pick the days you want to work.
    Choice of morning or evening pick-up times (shifts), or both if you're up to it.

Cons

You don't always get delivery blocks when you want.
    Can't see living on the pay that you get without additional outside income.
    Arbitrary 40 hour/week limit - even as a contractor.

Advice to Management

Try to be more consistent with block release times, and follow your own rules on when those times are supposed to be. 0230 in the morning is an unreasonable block release time - drivers need their sleep, too, you know.

"Delivery driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Manteca, CA
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Manteca, CA

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a fun job, get to socialize with customers, PRETTY routine when u get the hang of it, pays well, and great help and support if you ever need it. AND u get paid twice a week. And like uber and lyft u can work when u wasn't around ur schedule! And they provide your route for u for each delivery so all of them are near each other so your not driving all over everywhere to deliver. Its really well managed. And your paid direct deposit right to your bank account right away twice a week. And its 18 to 25 bucks an hour depending on the block u choose. And since ur an independent contractor u have to use ur own car and pay ur gas and pay ur own taxes, but all your car repairs and gas are tax write offs if u save all your receipts which I've started doin!

Cons

Haven't found anything yet. I guess if I had to say one thing I would say I wish there were more blocks of time to choose from so I can work 40+ HOURS a week if I wanted to. Right now it's only enough hours to be considered part time. That's why I'm trying to get as second job, so I can make good money and make a career not just a job! And capitalize on some good medical, dental, vision and 401k and being on an actual payroll, maybe even a good enough job that your part of a union. So ya I don't really have anything negative to say so far except that I want to work more. It was fun and easy once I got the hang of it after the first 2 customers. Now I know exactly what in Doing!

Advice to Management

Doing a great job so far! I love working for u guys. No complaints so far. Only compliments on how well and organized and smoothly everything is running for such a new program and how easy and helpful the other workers are to help u learn it and get it down. So far it's working perfectly. Just wish there was a little more blocks of time available would Probably be my only complaint so I could work a little more everyday more like full time instead of part time. But they seem to be adding more on the app now so well see. I WANT TO WORK MORE SHIFTS

"Great if you live nearby a warehouse"

Current Employee - Flex Driver
    Current Employee - Flex Driver

I have been working at Amazon Flex part-time

Pros

Good pay if you need quick cash; direct deposit every Tuesday and Friday. Flexibility in scheduling and Independence while doing job

Cons

Many inconsistencies. I had to wait 30 minutes to load packages in my car, which eats at the time block you're assigned.
    The wear and tear on your car is a definite con. I drive on average 110-140 miles for a 4 hour block, which pays $72.
    Other cons include Amazon giving packages that are 25-30 minutes out of your itinerary route. So you drive the 25-30 minutes east for ONE package, drive the 25-30 minutes west, then continue your itinerary. It seems that they don't dole out the packages with much effort. After all, no skin off their back.

Advice to Management

Actually get some management. It seems that nobody at the warehouse knew what they were doing or who to ask for direction. I actually got more help from other Flex drivers in the warehouse than personnel.