Amazon Fulfillment Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2287 reviews)

• "No work life - personal life balance" (in 472 reviews)

1. "Long Hours But Very Easy"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Avenel, NJ
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Avenel, NJ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent Pay
    Easy Job
    Good People

Cons

Long Days
    Need to Work Quickly

Advice to Management

Keep up the good job

2. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in East Point, GA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in East Point, GA

I worked at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

It was fast paced environment.

Cons

Management was too hands on.

"Every day is Different"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Gouldsboro, PA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Associates, stocks, hours, skills, experience

Cons

Miscommunications, misguided leadership, stress, follow through

Advice to Management

Become more hands on. Other departments, the managers get their hands dirty with the tier 1s and share the load of the work. Stepping up and stepping in a bit more will go a long way for team morale.

4. "Fulfillment Associate"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, great time off system

Cons

Hard work long hours short breaks

5. "My experience so far"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Gouldsboro, PA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

stocks, benefits , job experience , values , skills

Cons

it can be stressful at times but working through and realizing your not the only who might have an off day will and can help you see that your human and the importance of team support. help lift each other up.

Advice to Management

For my particular site i would say the communication, sometimes things fall through the cracks or aren't explained in a manner that we can understand. lol it's hit and miss but we strive to make improvements so we can have a flourishing work environment . For more advice to the higher uppers try to have balance , being a boss is great and all but leaders strive to build a strong foundation with the crew they have and don't mind getting their hands dirty. WE A TEAM, WE HAVE TO HAVE ONE ANOTHER BACKS. AMAZON FAMILY BRUH!

6. "Fulfillment Associate"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Ruskin, FL
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Ruskin, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

My fellow coworkers make it easier as the day goes by.
    There is room for growth within the company.
    They have other things like Career Choice if you want to obtain a career outside of Amazon.
    The health insurance is AMAZING
    4 day work week.

Cons

Sometimes management doesn't communicate changes quickly.
    Sometimes the newly hired managers don't know how to talk to associates.

Advice to Management

I wish I could see more managers who started off as tier 1 employees. Currently in my building, I think there's only 3 managers who started off as tier 1.

7. "Fulfillment Associate (Full Time, Over 1 Year)"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Kenosha, WI
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Kenosha, WI

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health insurance and benefits, 401k, and a stable work schedule (excluding July, and October to December)
    If you want a steady job, and are okay with extremely repetitive tasks, this is a good position.

Cons

1. For as large as Amazon is, the lack of communication is ridiculous. The flow of information from OPS managers, to Area managers, to Tier 1 employees is nonexistent.

2. You are not an employee, you are a number, a statistic. There is so much pressure placed on everyone, from the top down, that no one sees a larger picture. Managers refuse to give indirect roles (people that work to supply product, clear garbage, allow stowers/pickers to work non-stop for 10 hours a day) the help that they need because they need every single stower available to increase their numbers. That leaves each indirect doing the physically demanding work of three people. Management ignores the stress that this puts on employees in direct and indirect roles.

3. ATTENTION DEGREE HOLDERS. Do not believe that your degree means anything here. Unless you are specifically hired as management or higher, you will not be considered for promotions. Promotions are given strictly on seniority. You will have to work here for 2-3 years before they will call you in for an 'interview'. It does not matter what degree you hold, how much experience you hold in the position, or how qualified you are. They do not care unless you have been there the longest.

4. There is no loyalty. Management only listens to what they want to hear. One manager came to our floor and asked the 16 of us that were working there 'what would motivate us to do our jobs better'. 15 of us said a livable wage. 1 person said being able to listen to music. You can guess what we got. We are told that our $12.25/hr is competitive because we are compared to Walmart and Target. Not other warehouses and other fulfillment centers that pay between $17.50 and $19.00.

5. While managers are given Peak (Christmas) bonuses, all we received was a t-shirt. Really?

Advice to Management

Give your employees the resources they need to do the job effectively. Management is strictly reactive, never proactive. Consistently, they will wait for an emergency to happen rather than take the simple steps to prevent the emergency. Stop caring about numbers, and realize that if you didn't put so much pressure on your employees, they would absolutely perform better. It's shocking how much productivity improves when people aren't fearing for their jobs, and indirects are not physically exhausted.

Finally, suck it up and pay your employees a livable wage. Currently, we are too close to being able to afford food stamps when we are working 40 hours a week. Stop trying to manipulate everything to avoid paying us.

8. "Great pay, but!!!"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Fresno, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay, Four day work week

Cons

They treat you like you are cattle at work. They have a high workers injury rate due to the rate that they require (Work comp Doctor says that when they got the contract for injuries their caseload skyrocketed. They have an ageism atmosphere as well.

Advice to Management

Remember that outside customers are not the only customers. You need to remember that you actually have interior customers as well. Take better care of your employees.

9. "Good"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Edwardsville, IL
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Edwardsville, IL

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything was great except of the breaks

Cons

(2) 15 min breaks more like 10 because it takes a while to walk to break room. Practically have to run but they won’t allow you to do that. Everything else was great!

10. "Diary of an Unhappy Associate"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Patterson, CA
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Patterson, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits, most coworkers are amazing, interesting work experience. Easy hiring process.

Cons

Favoritism. There are so many hard-working employees who really try to love their job and move up and be loyal to the company, but none of that is recognized by management. They pick their "favorites" who get the "easy" jobs, that are not rated, priority training, and groomed to move up, when people who actually deserve to move up get passed over. Employees are expected to move at a ridiculously high pace, doing the same repetetive task for 10-12 hours a day in the heat, on concrete floors, without getting switched, while the "favorites" get to pick what job they want to do. Getting written up is such a normal part of day-to-day, that whenever someone new is upset about getting written up, the general response is, "don't worry, it happens to everyone". During peak, in some functions, it is impossible to make rate, which will earn employees a write-up every week, and 3 will get an associate fired. Managers have the ability to "overlook" the write-up and prevent associates from getting more, but will only do so if the employee is one of the "favorites". They say safety is their number one priority, but safety rules go out the window and managers will overlook safety violations to make rate, as long as the safety team is not watching. Because of this, almost all associates dislike their jobs and cannot wait to leave. Also, almost no member managment has actually been an associate, because they are hired young and straight out of college, which would be great, but they don't understand, nor do they care about employees barriers. Management moves around so much thay in the 2 years that I was there, my direct manager changed 6 times and my ops managers changed 4. So, essentially, it is impossible to build any type of professional rapport with management. HR is only there to make the employees feel like there is a support system when things are happening that are wrong, but they don't really do anything unless they feel that the company is at immediate risk of a lawsuit if no action is taken. There had been managers that had HUNDREDS of complaints against them by multiple people for unfair treatment, sexual harrasment, along with various other issues, and nothing was ever done until there was concret proof that they were a liability to the company. Company values are just words, nothing more. Management loves to hear them in interviews, but they are never actually utilized. All in all, I believe that the company has awesome potential, and it does great things for the community, but unless multiple changes are made, I would never recommend it to anyone.

Advice to Management

Such a high turn around rate is NOT normal, nor is it cost-effective. Recognize those hard workers, and treat them well, because many are intelligent, potentially loyal and would be great assets to the company. Employees know what works and what doesn't. Really listen to them, not just pretend that things are going to change just to appease them in the moment. Recognize that not everyone is going to be great at everything, but they will be great at something. Train people on what they wish to be trained on and try to have them in positions that they enjoy and are good at. If they are happy, they are much more valuable to the company.