Amazon Reviews in Greensboro, NC | Glassdoor

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
  1. "csna"

Current Employee - Csna in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

working from home is a big plus

Cons

pace of work can be staggering

Amazon2017-10-11
  2. "Poor Training and Pay"

Former Employee - Shipping & Delivery Support in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home, motivating managers

Cons

Poor training, very low payment, high expectations yet training was poor

Amazon2019-02-09

"Seasonal Work-From-Home Customer Service"

Seasonal Customer Service Work-From-Home in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Amazon

Pros

$10/hr. Have some down time. If you get stuck or don't know what to do, there is opportunity for your question to get answered on team group chat. Training was thorough, although very long and a bit overwhelming

Cons

Sometimes you get stuck with a terrible manager who doesn't care about your success. Managers rotate constantly and you will end up in a new team just as you're making friends with your current one and the momentum is good. The equipment they gave us (headset) is difficult to work because the directions for set up were not easy to understand. Days had passed before I was able to make a complete call. Reached out to... lead plenty of times for help, but sometimes they're so busy helping others your question gets overlooked. The hours are strenuous. They tell you that you can "pick your schedule" and have flexibility but for a college student, it's pretty much impossible to stay sane. Your schedule must be the same shift the each day 5 days in a row. I literally worked from 12pm-12am 4 days a week! Then wake up and go to class 8am the next morning. This is not an ideal job for someone who isn't working extremely long hours on the computer. You will literally drive yourself crazy. You begin to feel like a robot. Customers are so angry and pissed at you for something that you can't control, it's just company policy. Then we get the blame because a customer may leave negative feedback. $10 a hour is a joke for this position. We should be getting paid at least $13 for the amount of dedication and work that is required for this job. 10% off discount is a JOKE! What is 10% really going to do? This was my first work from home experience, and I expected it to be a bit more.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees more. You don't know the amount of pressure it is to be on the phones 10 hours at a time. Let us REALLY pick our schedules. I could have managed 40 hours a week with my school schedule, but it needed to be planned out better so that your employees aren't suffering mentally.

Amazon2016-11-17