Amazon Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Inventory Control Quality Assurance in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Inventory Control Quality Assurance in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work is easy and the managers were easy to get along with. Four day work week with a three day weekend.

Cons

The work was boring. Very repetitive and highly monotonous.

2. "AM level"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

pay is competitive, most enviroments are very safe.

Cons

over work with no appreciation, long hours no lunch breaks

Advice to Management

servantude leadership cannot stop at the hourly employees

"So far so Awesome"

Current Employee - Process Assistant In Robotics in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Process Assistant In Robotics in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

First let me give you the bad. There is alot of miscommunication when it comes to the hiring process. I was lost in the system, wrong title, wrong pay, wrong mananger. They do everything that can to get this fixed ASAP. Just make sure and follow up and save all communications to refer back to. Now the good. Amazon makes you feel like a human and the welcome seems very genuine. The training in Leadership not only helps you on the job, but also in life. If you go with a negative attitude, you will leave with one so my advice is to go expecting great things from Amazon. You get what you are out of life. Amazon gives you the best perks for it so take the time to get to know your job, learn, learn, learn, and move up in the company. You will quickly see a Tier 1 Associate move to a Tier 3 in a matter of weeks or months. It's truly up to you. Safety is the number 1 priority along with the customer and the associates are a team no matter what your pay grade is. No one looks down on you and I love that. If they do, it doesn't show. So apply and take your life to the next level.

Cons

Miscommunication at the initial hiring stage.

Advice to Management

Don't give so much training in 1 day.

"Warehouse"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good money, constant check and hours.

Cons

hiring process took over a month after being told I got the job.

5. "Fulfillment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ok pay, hire on spot, helps pay for college

Cons

They are quick to fire people for any little thing

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the people that work hard.

"Can't Get Hours and Treated Like Slave Labor w/Pay"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, menial tasks, little to no effort to learn the job. The tasks are super simple to learn. Either you will remove (pick), receive (stow) or count bins for accuracy. A select few are given the opportunity to problem-solve, which by the way doesn't take a genius to do.

Cons

Menial tasks, no talking to each other, low morale, antiquated CSSM system to try to get access to available hours. Supervisors don't like the low level employees to talk with each other, so there isn't really a "team"-like environment. Most workers have low morale and hate being at work. If laughter is overheard by supervisors or management, you are guaranteed to see a "sweep" of the area with a "Is everything alright?" question from the ninja-like sneaky supervisors. The pay is the same among all employees that don't supervise, however, there are those that do just enough to stay under the radar which reflects poorly for those that have to keep up the stats on their sorry behinds. The warehouse at UTX3 is usually hot as Satan's den, as we are in Houston, Texas where temps can easily reach 105 on any given day. There is a logo on the wall of the warehouse that says "have fun", however, any glimpse of fun is frowned upon and dismissed by management.

I recently worked the first Treasure Truck event in Houston, and the people that flew in (Candace, Elida, the seafood lady (whose name doesn't matter) were so belittling to the 3 people that applied for, took assessments and online training for the "super-secret" Treasure Truck event. Overt, implied negativity toward the 3 Fulfillment Center workers was hard to dismiss. The planning meeting held one day before the Treasure Truck event, led the lowly warehouse workers to believe that they would work the event inside the back of a refrigerated truck, packaging the item being offered. On the day of the event, no matter how many times the low level warehouse workers asked where or what to help with, there was a tone of dismissal from the "lead" person Candace. There was absolutely no "team" spirit on that day, at least not a "team" that included the 3 Fulfillment warehouse workers, that essentially were "allowed" to be at the event to blend in with the scenery as opposed to working together to achieve an outstanding customer experience. One specific instance stood out to me from the beginning of the day (8 a.m.)......If a person keeps asking "where and/or how can I help?" and keeps being told, "we don't need you're help, we got it." then why am I here? Second stand out instance, I was aboard the back of the TT attempting to execute what I thought were the duties/plans explained the previous day, when Candace boards the back of the Treasure Truck and states, "there are too many people back here.....", (there were 3 people on the back of the truck at this point, including Candace; and I was one of the 3)........I waited to see/hear what would happen next and Candace and Elida just stood looking at me, so I said, "I guess I will get out of the back of the truck." Imagine a 20-25 foot refrigerated truck with 3 people in it. I surmised that it may have been a cultural issue, as the "workers" from the warehouse were all much darker than the out-of-town Amazon employees. Needless to say, I jumped into the Treasure Truck adventure wholly spirited, but by mid-day the experience was one I will never participate in again. The sad thing is that those you work alongside are the ones that made it a horrible work experience. Candace, Elida and all of those from Seattle, and wherever else, you should be ashamed of yourselves. My impression was that of "hired help" and nothing more, regarding the employees that busted their butts to exceed Amazon Treasure Truck expectations - the 3 low level warehouse workers, aka the "hired help!

Advice to Management

Stop treating employees like slave labor, give respect, invite employees to learn and execute new tasks. You never know what degrees, previous careers, etc. the person working next to you may have. No employee is less than any other employee!

"Fast-paced but time flies"

Former Employee - Amazon Warehouse in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Amazon Warehouse in Houston, TX

Pros

Steady shift schedule. Decent pay. Plenty of work. Time goes by really fast

Cons

Fast-paced. Physically demanding. Have to keep up with high demand. Short breaks

Advice to Management

No advice

8. "Distribution center"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Convenient hours and the supervisors really care.

Cons

It gets really hot but that comes with warehouse work.

9. "Stower"

Former Employee - Stower in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Stower in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to come in and leave work whenever you want, as long as you have hours to do. Get on FMLA and take advantage when you can go.

Cons

They don't want you to talk while working. Possible write up if you come back from break a minute late. They are write up happy.

Advice to Management

Listen to associate. Don't waste our time and ask whats the barriers and still write us up.

10. "A good place to work"

Former Employee - Logistics Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Logistics Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon part-time

Pros

They have a variety of hours to work.

Cons

They go by a point system

Showing 26 of 17,432 reviews