Amazon Reviews in Houston, TX | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2528 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 523 reviews)

1. "Overall good"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries and benefits are great

Cons

Really hardworking involved Such hardwork should be minimized hazardous work environment

Advice to Management

Such hardwork should be minimized

2. "High Reward, Fast Pace Environment"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Ability to learn and grow with the company is limitless. Financial compensation very generous.

Cons

Time consuming job - Amazon is not a place for work life balance. It is a place to commit to and in return be rewarded with career growth and financially.

"Work life at Amazon"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Hours and Shifts. As long as you understand the process and procedures it can be a stress free job. Good Team building in the beginning.

Cons

Only Part time hours availble at this location. Poor wages $10 an hour but many gave quit because of low wages and no raise after being with company for over 2 years. Just increased wages overall to $15. Turn over is high because of management and not appreciating good employees and lots of favoritism.

Advice to Management

Make all employees feel important not. just a,select few

4. "Seasonal position"

Current Contractor - Seasonal in Humble, TX
    Current Contractor - Seasonal in Humble, TX

I have been working at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, fun managers, good pay

Cons

Too short of a break

Advice to Management

I am hoping to be kept after this season because I like the job. I take initiative and do what I can to work as a team so I hope it is being seen.
    Don’t put so much emphasis on scan rates because most only care about making that. Dont base someone’s performance on just that either because I’m one of the people who want to make sure pallets are safe and always get stuck rebuilding it. Watch the lanes more closely. There are too many people that are taking up space because they don’t want to work hard. The premise is teamwork but it is far from that with some of the lanes so I steer clear of them. The ones with attitudes or just scan envelopes need to be weeded out. It’s unfair. I am there to do my job & I work hard. These other people just make it difficult to get the job done when you ask them to push the lane or help me with a heavy box.

"Job expectations"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Familiar with amazon for 2yrs, driven amazon flex for 1 yr and a half and 3rd party for 7 mths.
    I've worked from Minnesota to Houston TX and k kow what it takes to manage and make a driving force efficient.

Cons

The aptitude of hiring employees that just care about a pay check. Most drivers want to finish early to rescue another to make more money when it's about customer service and doing the job.
    Most drivers don't work for Amazon they work for them selves and I can and will fix that if given the chance.
    I have 20 yrs of delivery under my belt yet no one has given me the chance to prove it. That is what I see as a con.

Advice to Management

Trust in those who know the job and stop hiring those that are politically stricken buy giving their friends easy jobs and the ones who really do the work suffer by comparing them to those who do the job.

6. "Need a Job"

Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Associate in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

job until things get better

Cons

a lot of B S for the money

Advice to Management

more training before tell someone how to do their job

7. "Senior Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Recruiter in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Amazing, talented and passionate people to work with every day
    Awesome collaborative culture that is consistently welcoming
    Ambiguity is embraced and employees are encouraged to make their own decisions.
    I work remotely from home - no commute and no traffic!

Cons

Remote working can get lonely at times...but there's no commute and no traffic!

Advice to Management

Bring back Calendly or another scheduling tool that will make scheduling interviews faster!

"Amazon Overrated Company"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

At the time, the job provided an income.

Cons

Fainted on my first night of training due to extreme heat on the upper level of the warehouse which the lead told everyone that I was okay and did nothing. Fortunately, the EMT was walking by and provided me medical attention. The company blamed me in the end of it although I had only been on the floor less than 2 hours time. On my last night, a lead came in with bronchitis and so our whole team got ill. I was being threatened by my supervisor that night about my job when I was clearly ill. The company offered to accommodate my needs but they push employees to do the work and they sit back and do nothing instead of taking care of their employees. Employees aren’t valued. Hostile work environment. Same experience with heat for one of their delivery companies which I was told to quit.

Advice to Management

Value your employees. Treat them like human beings and not cattle. Own up to your faults on all management levels and make changes. If your internal customers (employees) aren’t happy, valued and respected-eventually your external customers won’t be either. Wouldn’t invest as a shareholder either because I wouldn’t want to become part owner of a company that doesn’t consider its employees as the most important asset and treated as such.

9. "No good"

Current Employee - Order Picker in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Order Picker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No pros other than it is a job

Cons

Too many cons, specially with the payment and vacations

10. "Part time ware house associate"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was good, benefits excellent. Made a few friends.

Cons

Standing for 10 hours a day, feet would be sore for days. Managers aren’t consistent. They are only worried about themselves. Should hire from within instead of new graduates with no experience.

Advice to Management

Get to know the associates that work under you. Some of you are fresh out of college so instead of yelling at employees to “go faster” after working 10 hours straight, you get on the line and see what it’s like. I’m sure you wouldn’t yell after that.

Showing 97 of 28,953 reviews