Amazon Reviews in Leicester, England | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2306 reviews)

• "No work life - personal life balance" (in 473 reviews)

1. "Catalog Associate"

Former Employee - Catalog Associate in Leicester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Catalog Associate in Leicester, England (UK)

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

best workplace, no partiality , freedom of decision making, own style of work can be followed

Cons

too much of freedom, takes a longer time for onsight opportunities, sometimes over work

Advice to Management

nothing

2. "Trainer"

Current Employee - Trainer in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Trainer in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

we are working as a team. I have so much experience in amazon because i learn so many new things everyday.I am flexible.

Cons

Sometime i feel so much pressure because i try to finish everything on time and also i i feel stress as well.

Advice to Management

I think if we have much more support and proper communication then we can solve much more problems on less time, Then we can achieve more success.

3. "Worst place to work"

Current Contractor - Delivery Driver in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Delivery Driver in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

NONE nothing good to comment

Cons

very long hours, start at 7am finish 8/9pm over 12h work
    pay not even minimum wages....most agency pay £110 per day...after all deductions fuel cost, van rental, or own van maintenance, insurance, NI and tax you are left with less than minimum wages
    drivers are overloaded with over 200 parcels to be deliver daily
    most drivers are treated like slaves
    we have 21 century and have MODERN SLAVERY that Amazon used to to-pup their banks

Advice to Management

reduce amount of stops and parcels, the drivers are human like YOU not a robots
    we need time off/break to eat and have legal break as a driver not work 11h non stop delivering parcels

"Great salary but expensive transportation"

Current Employee - Warehouse Operative (Night Shift) in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Warehouse Operative (Night Shift) in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great salary for a night shift, you get paid every Friday.

Cons

My shift would end at 3AM and Coalville is in a remote area. The transportation alone cost me about 20-30pounds a day. Better if you have your own transportation if you want a night shift.

"Awful"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Leicester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Leicester, England (UK)

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

To be honest I'm struggling to think of any pros of working for Amazon. Hopefully it looks good on the CV.

Cons

After four months at Amazon I have to say this is with out a doubt the worst place I have ever worked in my life. Not only is it the worst place I have ever worked it is also the worst environment I have ever found myself in. After being thrown in the deep end with absolutely no relevant job training what so ever, micro managed, being spoken to like a child, threatened to be ripped a new 'rear' hole, doing two peoples job and then being told to raise my performance after only having 3-4 lunch breaks in four months I'm afraid to say I've given up and handed my notice in.

After taking a year out to take my masters (as a mature student) I found myself in one of Amazons so called graduate positions. How they call this a graduate position I don't know. There is no training programme what so ever accept an awful week in Luxembourg being patronised with Amazons so called leadership principles and a couple of days working in one of their fulfilment centres (a big warehouse). The training and on job support has been nothing but awful. Some of the managers were so unapproachable they'd talk down to you if you asked a question as if you were magically supposed to know everything already. I read another review that basically says Amazon has grown so quickly people have been promoted to quite senior positions that shouldn't really be there. This is very true.

I have to hand to Bezos though. He has created one of the most culture-less capitalist work environments I could ever imagine. He's got an army of young people straight out of uni armed with degrees and MBAs who he's willing to use and abuse to satisfy his customer obsession. Along with the agency staff that are treated like rubbish, hired and fired on a daily basis he has feathered his nest very well.

I could go on all night but let me do you a favour. If your young, ambitious, want an interesting career and above all else have more than an ounce of integrity do not consider a job with Amazon. The last four months have been the worst of my life. I still don't know who I'm more annoyed with. Amazon for treating people like this or myself for letting them threat me like this. The later has been remedied with notice given. One of Amazons leadership principles is "hire and develop the best" but come on let's be realistic. If your bright and ambitious your aim in life probably isn't being stuck in a warehouse getting excited about delivering parcels. Which is probably why staff turn over is so high and anyone with anything about them isn't there in the first place.

Advice to Management

Get a life, get out the corporate world you're stuck in, do some travelling or something and learn the difference between management and leadership. I haven't meet many leaders working for Amazon

Showing 5 of 25,813 reviews