Amazon Reviews in Lexington, MA | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse (in 2255 reviews)

• No work life - personal life balance (in 466 reviews)

"Software Development Intern"

Former Intern - Software Developer in Lexington, MA
    Former Intern - Software Developer in Lexington, MA

I worked at Amazon as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay and pretty flexible work environment. The internship was a great chance to make new friends and explore opportunities and learn a lot. Free tickets to baseball game, and we got to see Jurassic Park a day before its release!

Cons

The housing option I chose for the interns did not go well. I chose the cheapest housing option, living in the apartments at Washington University, however the University uses these apartments during part of the internship (either the beginning or the end, depending on when you start the internship), so all of the interns with this housing option had to move to or from hotels partway through the internship, this was unpleasant as they charged extra for the hotels and some hotels did not provide a good meal option, and I had to eat out every night for dinner.

Advice to Management

either avoid having to move the interns or make it clear when they choose housing that it will probably be necessary.

Showing 1 of 23,745 review