Amazon Reviews in Liverpool, UK | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 7, 2020

2.3
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

"Amazon is a fantastic opportunity if your interested in distribution"

Former Employee - Operations in Liverpool, England

I worked at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to meet new people all the time with this type of job and the management really know what there doing

Cons

It's a fast pace environment but time flys by before you know it it's home time, there always over time available not sure if that's a pro or con ha

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work the employees respond to you keeping a cool head under pressure so keep calm and don't panic

Amazon2016-02-22
  2. "Good salary and easy job"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Widnes, England

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good hours as work full time in 4 days, so 3 days off

Cons

It is boring as always do the same

Amazon2020-01-07
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Started off great"

Current Contractor - Warehouse Associate in Widnes, England

I have been working at Amazon for less than a year

Pros

The other associates are great Free hot drinks Free parking on site

Cons

The management is in shambles The only team lead who was interested in helping you improve sadly quit last week The recourses could use serious upgrade

Advice to Management

Clearly outline the same rules and procedures to everybody instead of telling x people these procedures then telling y people differently. Stop picking favourites, favouritism shouldn’t have a place in the work place. Take an interest in all associates not just those who are your friends. Upper management at amazon I highly suggest taking a look at eukd it’ll be a shame for it to keep going the way it’s heading.

Amazon2019-11-13
  5. "Warehouse coordinator"

Current Employee - Warehouse Coordinator in Barton, Lancashire, Lancashire, North West England, England

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work team and chance to perform

Cons

teamwork, reaching goals, and work under pressure

Advice to Management

communication is the key to success

Amazon2019-11-20
  6. "Gurf"

Current Employee - Product Manager in Deeside, Wales

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good place to work to be honest

Cons

Management or the other word could be management

Advice to Management

Be nicer to me pls love u

Amazon2019-10-14
  7. "Good"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Widnes, England

I have been working at Amazon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good wage 4 days on 3 days off

Cons

Long hours Different shift divide

Amazon2019-05-22
  8. "Hard work, bad wages"

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Liverpool, England

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Healthare, 4 days a week dependant on job role and shift

Cons

will change everthing in a heart beat like job role, working hours and number of days tou work per week for te same money

Amazon2019-04-08

"Good job but also not the best"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Widnes, England

I worked at Amazon part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, way above minimum wage as well with the pay raise.

Cons

Holiday money does not go in to account, even if you have enough and get it paid. So you have to follow up every week about it until they resolve it. To get higher up in the system you need to be popular and get on the good side of the shift manager, I had someone in the Widnes warehouse get paid to do nothing because he stuck up to the people higher up. Basically his job was to talk to the other Team Leads and be friends with them, and he got paid £9.50 and hour for that. If you take to much time off, even with reason, you WILL be taken down from being higher up. There was a girl who worked in the same warehouse who got very sick, she had 2 weeks off and (even unpaid) and with a doctors note saying why she was off. They said that she will get her position back but just needs to work for it. She worked for 2 months straight getting greens every pick she did but they didn't do anything.

Advice to Management

Don't get people excited, I got told before I got let off that I was doing brilliantly, Getting Greens on every pick, always listening, yes I did talk now and then but I still got them greens. Well the nest week I was gone out of the warehouse, reapplied for it as the PMP Member who worked there seemed to really like me. Applied on their website and went to the Amazom High Volume to see that It was a completely different warehouse that I applied for. Even though it said Widnes on the PMP Website. All I got to say is, don't stick up to people and give them good roles in the job. You're supposed to work for it, not be lovey-lovey for it.

Amazon2019-03-28
  10. "Decent Job Overall"

Former Employee - Amazon Flex Driver in Liverpool, England

I worked at Amazon part-time for more than a year

Pros

£13 per hr excluding tips but it's almost guaranteed to get tips all the time with prime. As a prime driver there isn't really must stress as the most parcels I've ever had to deliver was 32 in 2 hrs but it's usually from 18-25.

Cons

Sometimes because of the lack of drivers they give you unreasonable routes. Like deliveries that are 30mins apart and it because hard to keep up with time. The Flex app is absolutely awful. It closes down on its self, freezes whilst your using it to navigate, sometimes a certain function is just unresponsive and most of the time the GPS is rubbish it'll send you past 2 or 3 of your delivery stop to one that's furthest and then make you drive back to the 2 or 3 it missed. Another this is the Flex company are too harsh and don't hesitate to terminate people's contracts after a few late deliveries. I understand it's hard to tell when it's genuinely not a drivers fault for late deliveries or arrive to the FC, since everything is run by the app. But most of the time it's not your fault I.e traffic, road closers, app malfunction, car breaking down, uncooperative customer..etc. Lastly, because amazon keep employing drivers everything day it's become more and more impossible to get any blocks at all.

Advice to Management

PLEASE FIX YOUR APP.

Amazon2017-11-29

"Amazon the mental and physical SLAVERY corporation !"

Multi Drop Van Driver in Liverpool, England

I worked at Amazon

Pros

None, you get used, abused and then tossed to the side which is why there's high staff turnover

Cons

Extremely long hours, no room to progress, getting blamed for things that you nothing about, management pick and choose who to give work to which are the ones that end up giving you bad points during training that I end up doing the right thing and still getting blamed (So called concessions), discriminating, not very equal opportunity, hold back your pay unlawfully when and if you leave (and believe me you will want to leave after being there and being tossed in to the deep end with technology that doesn't have a clue) , the list is endless.

Advice to Management

Get real- as there is this english term called KARMA.

Amazon2016-08-20