Amazon Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

3.6
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 595 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot from each of your team members as they are equally bright & capable" (in 544 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be hard to build work life balance" (in 2564 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 531 reviews)

1. "👌"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*Great pay
    * 4 day schedule
    * amazing support
    * amazing tools

Cons

Bottleneck of operations managers with limited openings for sr. ops positions

2. "Shift Choice decides..."

Former Employee - Seasonal Associate in Buena Park, CA
    Former Employee - Seasonal Associate in Buena Park, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Time Off
    Fast Paced
    Friendly Managers
    Security Posted Entry
    Awesome HR -24/7 available
    Pays above minimum wage to start

Cons

Cannot get a straight answer from supervisors if seasonal would convert to “regular” employment

HR is not able to provide a definitive response as to the specific requirements.

Once employment “assignment” ends you have zero access to any of your personal recorded hours/days worked/policy, etc

Advice to Management

Just explain to seasonal/ new hires and anyone else it may or shall impact, that YOUR SHIFT CHOICE selections Do have an extremely vital role in “what the building needs” are...

3. "Loved working at Amazon"

Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Associate in Irvine, CA
    Former Contractor - Seasonal Sales Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very low stress, everyone was very friendly and willing to help

Cons

seasonal work only, would like to have stayed on

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

4. "Gist of my Amazon work Experience"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazon is a place to work on building new applications. Unlike a long-established company at steady business model, Amazon is always at Day1. This means the mentality of trying and creating new business model, make-break-test attitude is always present. So one gets to see new products/services in production, also see them getting built from scratch.
    So if you are the kind who loves to learn and work in make-break / try-by-doing and if you can sustain the ambiguity around that, you'll enjoy working at Amazon.

Cons

Its a fast paced environment. At times, you may feel overwhelmed.
    Sometimes, some products / ideas dont work and you got to move on to next idea to try.
    People move from team to team, and there could be some changes in management styles and direction (not very frequent though). One got to work around those.
    A large part of your career building is up-to you - means you got to understand how you move forward with the projects in hand and where could be the next building opportunity.

Advice to Management

I think they are doing pretty good job in terms of managing such a huge company (which grew so fast recently). From ground up, I think there are some replications in products / services. But that too is natural when the company is growing so fast, building new things at hectic pace.

5. "Good with bad"

Current Employee - Operations Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

The money is good for being in operations.

Cons

The hours are long (12+ hour days)

6. "An umbrella of chaos"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You work with very hard working people
    You will learn how to deal with tremendous ambiguity
    You will be pushed beyond you limits, which can be amazing for some and horrible for others
    If you’re lucky you get a great manager and teammates

Cons

The ambiguity of what you are doing can get just overwhelming. You have no control or any say in any top down decisions. You are WORKED at times to the brink of madness. Multiple days where I didn’t have time to take lunches or breaks. Would go hours on end with out eating because I just had no time between jobs. No company car for a job where you may drive over 100 miles a day. It felt like upper management only pretended to listen. The job went from us being consultants to literally becoming handymen. Had hardly any proper training on how to use drilling equipment, had no space to practice TV Mounting or security camera mounting. It took over a year to get semi professional looking polo shirts. It was simply a disappointing experience at the tail end of my time here.

In less than 2 years I was absolutely BURNT OUT and dreaded going to work.

Advice to Management

Please listen to your Field Technicians. Implement their ideas. They are the face of Alexa and your boots on the ground. If you aren’t going to pay them more, give them better and bigger offices and please provide company cars. You’re a tech company, care a little bit more about those that represent your organization.

7. "Good Experience Despite Getting the Axe"

Former Employee - Delivery Associate in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Delivery Associate in Irvine, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You develop great relationships with co-workers. The work is very straight forward and easy to learn. Pay was ok given the type of work. You get a good workout as a Delivery Associate.

Cons

Corporate ended our program with not much notice. The delivery associate program was new and needed a lot more planning. Constant changes during implementation but is understandable given the new program but ultimately was shut down right when we got a good groove going.

Advice to Management

The management directly above us was great. Corporate just needs to better assess program implementation and iterate instead of kill.

8. "Good luck"

Former Employee - Field Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to travel

Cons

Very bad Management and it will never change because no body cares

9. "Repetitive, Mindless Work"

Former Employee - Package Handler in Hawthorne, CA
    Former Employee - Package Handler in Hawthorne, CA

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Large company, possible room to advance. Management was respectable. Facility area was Amazon Prime, majority of packages were light and small. Everything under 25 lbs., so not too strenuous. When there's a continuous flow of boxes, the 4 hour shifts seemed to go by quickly.

Cons

Facility was a nightmare to park at. Flex drivers would be in a car line that went out onto the main street. Repetitive, boring work. Supervisors desks are placed in front of work space for overview of production making it a bit uncomfortable. Bathrooms are purposely placed way TF on the other side of your workplace. New facility, so workplaces set up weren't as efficient to work in. Shifts, at times can go by slow if you don't have a continuous workflow. Typical large facility where you're easily replaced. Not a challenging position so can be boring. Pay was OK at the time, but I think it's better now.

Advice to Management

Ensure workplaces are equipped with equipment & supplies for max efficiency.

10. "sorter"

Current Employee - Mail Sorter in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Mail Sorter in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is great team work happy employees. work is not to hard really get a work out.i dont understand all the bad comments they give. on the job application you have a right to choose or not choose your rece/ethinicity.you are notlooked down at.you are allowed bathroom breaks.along with breaks and lunchs you do get them.i dont under stand why people have to demote a company .some people are not cut out for certain jobs so you have the opprtunity to explore dont be negative because that wasnt the right job for you.ps some people are afraid to break a little sweat. i love it!!!!

Cons

none what you put into it you shall get out of it.

Advice to Management

none they are great the ones we have resonable accomidating.

Showing 180 of 29,728 reviews