Amazon Reviews in Manassas, VA | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2517 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 523 reviews)

"Datacenter Technician"

Current Employee - Datacenter in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Datacenter in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay and benefits
    Great teams
    Great environment
    Lots of opportunities to advance

Cons

Training is essentially done by other members of your team (there is no defined training plan) so it's really on you as a New Hire to train yourself

2. "Data Center Security Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The total compensation package is good and theirs plenty of overtime. Fast-paced company with the opportunity to grow. Good benefits, flexible schedule.

Cons

Work-life balance is not good. Total compensation should be a salary and not structured the way it is.

"Decommission Tech/Data Tech"

Current Contractor - Decommissioning Technician - Datacenter Technician in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly contracting staff, the pay is pretty decent,

Cons

Was approached by one of their head hunters for the position I wanted, the night before my interview I was told the job position/description they sent me was wrong and that I was actually interviewing for a lower position.

Advice to Management

Nothing really to say, they are stubborn and wont change. The company is too big, and too many people in upper management don't care who gets impacted below them by their so called "process improvements"

4. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Data Technician II in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Data Technician II in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overpaid compared to job requirements, great work atmosphere, management always willing to hear issues.

Cons

It is a sink or swim environment as a new employee. All learning is on the new employee to go figure out on their own.

Advice to Management

Institute better training for new hires on the proprietary Amazon programs and applications.

"Worst company I've ever worked for"

Former Employee - Engineering and Operations Technician (EOT) in Manassas, VA
    Former Employee - Engineering and Operations Technician (EOT) in Manassas, VA

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good which accounts for the second star in the rating but the rest of the benifits are junk unless your in management.

Cons

Super micromanagement which usually makes little to no sense and just creates busy work. This place has the worst management I've ever seen and it's all based on how much the boss likes you and nothing at all to do with how good a job you do. There is no incentive to do anything but sit on your hands since the first thing that happens in ALL situations is that they look for someone to blame then kneejerk some crazy policy because management has zero idea what people do in their jobs or how things work. No real way to advance in the company.

Advice to Management

Do the company, public and employees a favor, quit.

"Poor Management"

Former Contractor - Data Center Technician in Manassas, VA
    Former Contractor - Data Center Technician in Manassas, VA

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of smart people. Lots of freedom to tackle problems as you see fit. Free coffee in the break room, you will need it.

Cons

Teams shuffled around a lot, at all levels. Weak management. Unclear goals and policies. No guidance, fend for yourself, environment.

Advice to Management

Perhaps too much growth too fast? I saw a lot of people moved in to manager and supervisor positions with no prior experience and little guidance for them, and in turn, for those under them.

Showing 6 of 28,879 reviews