Amazon Reviews in Memphis, TN | Glassdoor

1.5
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

1. "My Experience at Amazon as a work from home (virtual) customer service agent"

Current Employee - CSA | CAP | VCC in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - CSA | CAP | VCC in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Large company with outstanding benefits
    Open door policy’s
    Potential for advancement if you are willing
    Working from home is great
    Team Members, Team Leaders, General Managers and Operational Managers work closely and well together
    Amazon supplies laptop for virtual customer service agents
    Mentoring programs
    Ongoing education/training

Cons

Shifts are not family friendly
    Pay is low for responsibilities given
    Difficult to advance in such a large company even with advanced training

"They "Suck" you In!"

Current Employee - Amazon Flex Customer Service in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Amazon Flex Customer Service in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Better pay now since the minimum salary increased. You are able to use unpaid time off at your discretion. Training was from home and you work from home. They provide the equipment, laptop and headphones. The hours are mediocre.

Cons

When you apply you think you will be working 29 to 31 hours a week, right? Wrong. You are trained to assist with helping drivers on the road. They may need a package scanned or assistance locating a customer. No problem. Then they say you will be taking a few customer calls. Haha. That is reversed.
    You will get 98% of customer calls and 2% off driver calls. Every customer thinks they are entitled to complain about having and paying for prime to have 2 day shipping. I guess someone left out that they are paying for other stuff too like prime video, music, free books monthly, etc. They need to get off their high horses and get real. The first schedule they give you those hours I guess so that you can get acclimated and settled in. Then the schedule after the initial schedule the hours are increased. From 29-31 hours a week to 32-35, and up to 37-39hours. Working all these hours would qualify me for full time but according to amazon since we are part time flex they have the right to have you work all those hours according to the business needs. My needs were for part time hours not full time. I haven't even had much time to spend with my family which was the reason for me getting the job in the first place. So BEWARE! On the other hand some agents loved the increased hours. Just an FYI. Also they will add mandatory over time to your schedule if not enough agents have signed up. I don't know about you guys but I like to be able to choose if I want to work more, and also see if I can fit it into my schedule. Amazon's customers are always angry. Why? Because they didn't get their packages in 2 days. Amazon needs to figure a way for the shipping and delivery team to gain more insight as to what happened to packages because we are pretty much telling the customer what the retail agent told them after they are transferred over to us. Like we have so much more info to give. Crazy. The flex drivers should pay more attention to where they are delivering because that's the cause of most issues. They should be trained better. We are the ones that get the brute off their misdeliveries.

Advice to Management

Omg, half of supervisors were decent. Some just had a bad attitude. Like, do you really still work for amazon and have they not been listening to your calls? Rude.....

3. "Lack of Organization"

Current Employee - Sortation in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Sortation in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is descent overall

Cons

I’ve been hired over a month and have yet to start work. They allow you to pick and sign up for your shift and then afterwards they wants to give a shift thats IMPOSSIBLE for you to work.

Advice to Management

Organization and Communication wouldn’t hurt

Showing 3 of 30,363 reviews