Amazon Reviews in Miami, FL | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "FC part time"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazon is a pioneer on logistics and growing opportunities!

Cons

very physical and devastating to the body.

Advice to Management

more training...

2. "shift manager amzl"

Current Employee - Shift Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Shift Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I find one I will let you know.

Cons

In 2.5 years I have been discriminated against, sexually harassed, over worked and under paid. If these are qualities you are seeking, You have come to the right place!

Advice to Management

Zero tolerance of sexual harassment should mean ZERO tolerance. Not- lets sweep it under the rug and hope you do not go through this again.
    Clearly everyone promoted in the Florida region was a white male; regardless of work ethic/ education/ experience/ or leadership skills. I certainly hope things get better with this organization.

"Associate"

Current Employee - Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Simple job, you don't have to serve anyone.

Cons

It will be a workout.

4. "Great benefits and pay, terrible employee retention and associate engagement."

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay
    Benefits
    Fixed work schedule (4 days in 3 days out)
    overtime pay

Cons

expected to work overtime, always.
    always replaceable, they make sure you know.
    no standards and responsibility boundaries, upper management will throw blame down to preserve their place.

Advice to Management

Operations Manager should take on the administrative role fully so that Area Manager can focus on over seeing the operations by doing so it lets assistant managers be more tactical and engage with the associates while they work along with giving them time to develop new ideas to better the processes in place. If upper management does come to warehouse and help it should be done so with a helping hand and not notepad to point out everything they did.

5. "Decide for yourself whether or not you should work here, but here's my experience..."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I worked at Amazon part-time

Pros

Co-workers were nice but that's it.

Cons

Oh where to begin...
    So first let's start off with the fact that they changed my job code without my consent to one that dropped me from $15/hr Full-Time to $10/hr Part-Time before I even started there.

I had repeatedly informed the supervisor of this, & hoped for some sort of resolution but nothing happened.

I called HR, & they said speak to my supervisor even though I had already said that it was not fruitful after MANY attempts to do so.

So I filed a complaint with an Amazon Employee Processing Centre, & that lead from my job code being changed from a specific location to "bouncer"...

I was then bounced around from location to location working various shifts for various hours at constant pay $10/hr for 8 weeks...

After my first week of bouncing around I noticed I had not received my hard-earned paycheck, & I called the location I had worked at the day before to ask why this was so...

They told me to contact HR, so I did.

I was told that because I had not been associated with a specific location my check could not be processed or sent anywhere to receive my payment, & when I mentioned that I had direct deposit I was told that even though I had direct deposit the "check" needed to be associated with an exact location...

After about 45mins of getting fed the same [explicitive], I hung up, & went back to the Employee Processing Centre in hopes that I might receive my "check" but rather, I was told that I will receive my check once there I've been situated in a specific location, & had my status changed from "bouncing" to a job code which should only take about 2 weeks according to the associate.

I had been left with the "bouncing" status for the 8 weeks of employment I had experienced with Amazon, & as a result had not received payment as well.

My lack of income lead me to search for another job to supplement my lack of financial closure all the while still retaining employment with Amazon in hopes that I might finally see my well-deserved "check".

Eventually I was called in for a meeting in hotel conference room along with 20-30 other employees to be told we were fired, upon hearing this news I shot up, & asked for my "check", & was told that because I was not an associate of Amazon anymore I would not be receiving one.

When I elaborated, & requested my "check" for the past 8 weeks of my service of which I had not received, the associates repeated themselves stating that I was no longer an associate, & would not receive a check.

I then asked why I was being fired, & I did not receive an answer.

When I asked for severance papers, I was denied them.

When I asked for the information of the associates who had fired me, they adamantly refused.

After a heated argument, I left with their business cards (which I had to take from their clips).

Amazon, expect a lawsuit. If this is how you treat your employees, then this company is the most unconscionable, & deplorable outfit I've ever had the absolute displeasure of working with.

Advice to Management

Figure it out for yourselves after you read this.

6. "Fulfillment Associate"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Miami, FL

I have been working at Amazon (More than a year)

Pros

Very much flexible with my schedule.

Cons

Not anything that I can say.

"ASM Assistant Manager of Operations"

Former Employee - ASM Manager in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - ASM Manager in Miami, FL

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Stocks or Shares... Pay was ok not the best in the market.

Cons

Demand a lot, Absolute Perfection, You need to be everyone's friend or your own team will gang up on you just to save themselves. Its Eat or be Eaten at Amazon. all those corny phrases come to light working for Amazon. Thick Skin is a must, Cold Heart is another Must.

Advice to Management

Be honest.

"Fulfillment Center Associate"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Amazon (More than a year)

Pros

Easy job, kind managers, helpful staff

Cons

Work overtime often, not much room for growth, low pay

"FC Associate"

Former Employee - FC Associate in Miami, FL
    Former Employee - FC Associate in Miami, FL

I worked at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible hours, short shifts and simple tasks

Cons

No upward movement, low pay

"Frustrating place to work"

Current Employee - Ambassador in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Ambassador in Miami, FL

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Set schedule. Possibility to work overtime when it is offered. Given time off (even though it is only unpaid time off.)

Cons

Too much favoritism in the facility based off who is well known by management. No pay raise for any of the employees. As an Ambassador I am given more responsibility to be in charge of inbound or have more work done, but no raise is given. Many of the individuals employed at the facility put forth no effort in their work. Pallets are constantly falling over and needing to be fixed. Management never does anything about employees who are talking and not getting any work done. Overall it is a joke working at an Amazon warehouse.

Advice to Management

Enforce consequences for employees who want to just stand around and talk for four hours and not get any work done. Give a raise to the employees who step up to become ambassadors. Not fair to take in more responsibility with no pay raise.

Showing 23 of 17,326 reviews