Amazon Reviews in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

2.9
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 590 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot from each of your team members as they are equally bright & capable" (in 542 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can be hard to build work life balance" (in 2557 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 528 reviews)

"Warehouse Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good 2nd job, various shifts to choose from, good pay

Cons

Distance of work locations seem far

2. "BAIT and Switch--NO Human Resources to contact"

Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

IDK $15.50 per hour plus OT and differential on weekends

Cons

Just Quit tonight. They hired me for a FLEX shift 9pm to 3am at the warehouse in Sussex WI. First night, last night 10-31-18, was told to be there at 11:15. NO Human Resources to contact. Second night--What time? I came in at 9pm because that was the shift I was hired 9 to 3 Wed/Thur/Fri. I was told to go home and come back at 11:15. Came back at 11:15 and was told tonight-and other people were told as well that WE ALL must have misunderstood the shift is 11:15 to 3:15 or 7:45. Mandatory OT, again tonight. I did not sign up to work 4 hour shifts/5 times a week. Manager was unwilling and uncaring as a line of 6 or 7 people expressed their issues-some which had been ongoing for weeks. I turned over my badge immediately after they handed it to me. I don't want special treatment. If the job offer was 6 hours 3 days a week FLEX you log in to get your shifts, I expect that is what I would get. Do what you say/Say what you do! (They also failed to pay me for the OT from last night as well.) The supervisor wrote my hours on a post it note. TOTALLY UNORGANIZED they had 2 weeks to have a name badge/punch card ready! They couldn't figure out where to put all the new employees because they had not been told the quantity of employees starting. EDITED: Logged in the next day and a HR employee confirmed my hire times (first thing I asked--what time was I supposed to be at work/my start time?) were 9pm to 3am per chat. He told me to call HR and gave me a number -- when I called that number I got the run around and they will call me back in 1 to 3 business days. Not expecting much.

Advice to Management

Treat people like HUMANS. We are not garbage. You treat your people well/they in return respect your company and work hard for you. Bait and switch scams make AMAZON look bad. ADVICE: Do what you say. Say what you do. Its called ETHICS. You hired 30 people with no interviews and baited and switched to hours they now have to try to conform to. Watch the turnover happen for yourself! There is not one Human Resource Person to contact to ask what happened to the jobs we ALL were offered! ANGRY and a waste of 2 weeks of my time for a 5 hour shift that I will only get paid 4 hours for. ALSO--no schedule--perhaps that might work online in time. I didn't know where or when I needed to come in-my shift did not exist on the Amazon web site. No communication between HR/Management departments-badly organized.

"Direct of Operations"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced cutting edge environment. Opportunity to build and lead large teams. Surrounded by incredible talent and desire to deliver results.

Cons

Top down driven company. Opportunity to independently operate and create ideas was growing limited towards the end of my employment. Very demanding career and environment. Quality of life often suffered.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the operators at the FC level. Give them more autonomy. Respect quality of life more.

"Customer Service - Virtual Agent (Seasonal)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent - SDS in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent - SDS in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenience of working from home

Cons

Options for scheduled hours were limited and what was available was awful. The training was intense, we lost so many members of our team before training was even completed. Management is more self aware than "team focused" - well my team lead at least. No encouragement or ways to connect with new employees. The pay was 10.00 per hour.

Advice to Management

Encourage new hires, find ways to connect with them to make them feel more welcome. Offer personal guidance and feedback - I feel if you do that - you will get what you're focused on - which is new hire metrics and goals. Employees that are happy and feel a part of a team will be more motivated in their work - increasing metrics and the quality of service.

"Worst of both worlds -- Your a FT employee, but not of Amazon, yet they run your life down to minute detail"

Current Employee - DSP Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - DSP Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few DSP (Delivery Service Provider) drivers may be able to work their way up and convert into the Amazon side of things, where true FT benefits exist.

Cons

How long have we got? Very worst is that you can be terminated without warning, hearing or any ability to complain to someone about it. AMZL has unrealistic expectations about driver productivity, ability to perform at PEAK performance on a daily basis, pay less than starting UPS wages and there are no raises, only YOUR willingness to deliver more and more packages for the SAME MONEY.

Advice to Management

If management were honest with itself, it would realize that it has created a house divided "against itself" with Flex drivers tacitly being pitted against DSP drivers. In reality, they can't force the same productivity expectations on the Flex drivers because if they try to, Flex drivers will just refuse to take routes, or will bring back 20 packages instead of 10. The executive morons had the chance to build an organization that could actually compete with UPS, Fedex & the Postal Service, but instead they've taken the less-than low cost provider route, are churning and burning through lower-skilled personnel, primarily minorities, at possibly unparalleled rates, and at some point, may begin to disappoint customers to the point where they will opt to shop for home delivery goods through companies who will use REPUTABLE & PROFESSIONAL drivers, which only a handful of AMZL drivers can be considered, at this point.

"Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is decent for a part time job
    You can make your own schedule
    No interview process, which could also be considered a con

Cons

There's no interview process. Training sucks. False advertisement. Hard to get in touch with HR. Upper management communication is practically nonexistent. I called about another issue I was having on my first day, only to find out they suspended me because of an i-9 form that I correctly filled out and had proper identification for. I called HR to reslove the issue. They said they would call me back and I still haven't heard from them. This company is the definitiom of unprofessional. Not to mention, they tell you one thing at "orientation" and it's a totally different thing when you actaully start working(benefits, pay etc).

Advice to Management

Follow up with employees. Have an interview process so candidates will take you seriously. Don't just throw people on the job. Provide proper training.

"amazon overview"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon (Less than a year)

Pros

many different things to learn and department options. Great benefits

Cons

mandatory overtime and very strict rules. Also, not for antisocial people.

8. "Warehouse associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Fun work environment; good managers; they are alwaya trying to improve

Cons

Management should provide more feedback to new employees.

9. "IT Support"

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Dynamic environment with opportunities for advancement.

Cons

Low pay; mandatory schedule rotation.

Advice to Management

Salary surveys s/b based on position not rank.

10. "assembly"

Current Employee - Assembly in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Assembly in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good pay an time flies bye fast an it not hard work at all

Cons

when things get backed up

Showing 11 of 29,567 reviews