Amazon Reviews in Milwaukee, WI | Glassdoor

3.1
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Flexibility & Work/Life Balance" (in 607 reviews)

• "You will learn a lot in this place" (in 555 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work-life balance is tough sometimes" (in 2599 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 536 reviews)

"Warehouse Associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good 2nd job, various shifts to choose from, good pay

Cons

Distance of work locations seem far

2. "Fast pay, easy work, pay is decreasing"

Current Contractor - Home Services in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Contractor - Home Services in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good support, good tech, jobs are easy to complete.

Cons

Few jobs and pay has been decreasing.

Advice to Management

pay more for jobs

"If you're expecting full time, keep looking."

Former Employee - Sortation Associate in Sussex, WI
    Former Employee - Sortation Associate in Sussex, WI

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay
    Even paced work flow

Cons

Favoritism, nepotism, site operations manager was hardly available. Anyone higher up than a shift assistant would look down on associates who seek guidance.
    No on-site Human Resources.
    No paid vacation.
    No benefits.
    Very difficult to advance.

Advice to Management

Offer full time & benefits to employees in sortation centers. Can't expect to meet service when you deliberately ration manpower and have resources on hand.

People who incite a toxic work environment and discrimination should be dealt with via corrective action instead of incidents, whether they are isolated or recurring, being swept under the rug.

Leadership principles are not the only thing that should matter. Concerns of your workforce matter just as much. Contradiction is apparent of this.

Those with a high caliber work ethic should be recognized, not chastised. Implore associates to do their best, help them where they falter - fill in the gaps and move forward on a goal as a cohesive unit.

One site's issues does not speak for an entire company but it gives a bad impression through word of mouth. Micromanagement is a serious issue that needs to be removed from the work environment altogether. The CEO should be fully aware of lowered morale at various sites caused by micromanagement. Intervention of HR when reporting issues is lacking. All of these elements create a formula to drive one to seek employment elsewhere.

4. "All physical, no mental work"

Current Employee - Seasonal in Sussex, WI
    Current Employee - Seasonal in Sussex, WI

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a workout. Pay is ok, better than most part-time, but you WORK for it!

Cons

Not easy to get time off without penalty points since its taken by others almost immediately

"Direct of Operations"

Former Employee - Director of Operations in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Director of Operations in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fast paced cutting edge environment. Opportunity to build and lead large teams. Surrounded by incredible talent and desire to deliver results.

Cons

Top down driven company. Opportunity to independently operate and create ideas was growing limited towards the end of my employment. Very demanding career and environment. Quality of life often suffered.

Advice to Management

Listen more to the operators at the FC level. Give them more autonomy. Respect quality of life more.

"Customer Service - Virtual Agent (Seasonal)"

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent - SDS in Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Customer Service Agent - SDS in Milwaukee, WI

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Convenience of working from home

Cons

Options for scheduled hours were limited and what was available was awful. The training was intense, we lost so many members of our team before training was even completed. Management is more self aware than "team focused" - well my team lead at least. No encouragement or ways to connect with new employees. The pay was 10.00 per hour.

Advice to Management

Encourage new hires, find ways to connect with them to make them feel more welcome. Offer personal guidance and feedback - I feel if you do that - you will get what you're focused on - which is new hire metrics and goals. Employees that are happy and feel a part of a team will be more motivated in their work - increasing metrics and the quality of service.

"Worst of both worlds -- Your a FT employee, but not of Amazon, yet they run your life down to minute detail"

Current Employee - DSP Driver in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - DSP Driver in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A few DSP (Delivery Service Provider) drivers may be able to work their way up and convert into the Amazon side of things, where true FT benefits exist.

Cons

How long have we got? Very worst is that you can be terminated without warning, hearing or any ability to complain to someone about it. AMZL has unrealistic expectations about driver productivity, ability to perform at PEAK performance on a daily basis, pay less than starting UPS wages and there are no raises, only YOUR willingness to deliver more and more packages for the SAME MONEY.

Advice to Management

If management were honest with itself, it would realize that it has created a house divided "against itself" with Flex drivers tacitly being pitted against DSP drivers. In reality, they can't force the same productivity expectations on the Flex drivers because if they try to, Flex drivers will just refuse to take routes, or will bring back 20 packages instead of 10. The executive morons had the chance to build an organization that could actually compete with UPS, Fedex & the Postal Service, but instead they've taken the less-than low cost provider route, are churning and burning through lower-skilled personnel, primarily minorities, at possibly unparalleled rates, and at some point, may begin to disappoint customers to the point where they will opt to shop for home delivery goods through companies who will use REPUTABLE & PROFESSIONAL drivers, which only a handful of AMZL drivers can be considered, at this point.

"Unprofessional"

Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay rate is decent for a part time job
    You can make your own schedule
    No interview process, which could also be considered a con

Cons

There's no interview process. Training sucks. False advertisement. Hard to get in touch with HR. Upper management communication is practically nonexistent. I called about another issue I was having on my first day, only to find out they suspended me because of an i-9 form that I correctly filled out and had proper identification for. I called HR to reslove the issue. They said they would call me back and I still haven't heard from them. This company is the definitiom of unprofessional. Not to mention, they tell you one thing at "orientation" and it's a totally different thing when you actaully start working(benefits, pay etc).

Advice to Management

Follow up with employees. Have an interview process so candidates will take you seriously. Don't just throw people on the job. Provide proper training.

"amazon overview"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Amazon (Less than a year)

Pros

many different things to learn and department options. Great benefits

Cons

mandatory overtime and very strict rules. Also, not for antisocial people.

10. "Warehouse associate"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Fun work environment; good managers; they are alwaya trying to improve

Cons

Management should provide more feedback to new employees.

Showing 13 of 31,284 reviews