Amazon Reviews in Nashua, NH | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2287 reviews)

• "No work life - personal life balance" (in 472 reviews)

1. "Excellent Company"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashua, NH

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent Company, Excellent Benefits, Great motivation. Great management. Great coworkers.

Cons

None none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none.

2. "Great Company To Work For"

Former Employee - Ambassador in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Ambassador in Nashua, NH

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent, 40 hour work week, great benefits including help pay for college, medical and dental, life insurance. Etc.

Cons

Better for a 2 parent household or someone without kids, 10 hour work day, sometimes there isn't enough work so they offer voluntary time off sometimes every day, Peak season and Prime week can be hectic where you may end up working mandatory 50 to 60 hours a week.

Advice to Management

Take into consideration single parents and cater to their schedule; if you work with your employees on scheduling you'll keep them happy and wanting them to be the best employee they can be for your company. I know you need the best employees to keep up with CPTs and aim over 105% like my previous FC was able to do.

3. "Horrible Place to Work for"

Former Employee - Picker in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - Picker in Nashua, NH

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, Prizes based on competitions, decent pay

Cons

I worked there as a temp and it was an unfriendly and unwelcoming work environment. Felt cliquish, glad I'm not working there any more as I prefer working in an environment that I feel valued at.

4. "Great company"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashua, NH
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Nashua, NH

I have been working at Amazon full-time

Pros

Friendly staff, great work environment, management knows what there doing, and great pay.

Cons

Unpaid days off. For such a large company that makes billions a year, you would think they would oh for days off.

"Very growth oriented."

Former Employee - IT/Facilities Technician in Nashua, NH
    Former Employee - IT/Facilities Technician in Nashua, NH

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Stock compensation plans are generous. Managers push you to develop to your full potential and beyond and will support you. Very family like culture and if you make or exceed their minimum requirements when you first come on board, you do have a real opportunity for success. Amazon deeply appreciates anyone with solid leadership abilities. They aggressively seek to recruit military personnel and will take seriously any genuine recommendations for improvement even from their lowest level associates.

Cons

There can be a lot of hard work with little time to do it in. Work life balance can be very challenging. Amazon practices a lean culture but it is at times a little too lean to the point where resources are not available achieve goals. They also focus a lot of relocation so if you really want to go far in the company, don't expect to settle down in one geographical area for many years.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing while still recognizing that at the end of the day family is what life is all about.

Showing 5 of 24,462 reviews