Amazon Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • While my work-life balance is great - others are having a different experience (in 2134 reviews)

• Sometimes no work life balance and manager will not let you work overtime (in 444 reviews)

1. "Excellent and flexible working hours."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work on your own time
    Excellent rate
    Friendly staff

Cons

Don't have a specific working hours. Sometimes you don't have a supervisor telling you what to do and how to do your work.

Advice to Management

Try to establish to smaller island to promote employment for college students.

2. "Give and Take"

Current Employee - Full Time in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Full Time in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great health insurance and lots of time off options- unpaid which works because I need to work full time but I'm also a student.

Cons

The corporate culture, rampant favoritism and a lack of communication with employees

3. "Seasonal sortation"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sortation in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sortation in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours pay is ok but was promised more then I receive

Cons

Unsure of job status after seasonal no benefits till permanent or full time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

4. "delivery"

Former Employee - Delivery in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Delivery in Nashville, TN

Pros

flexible hours, friendly coworkers , okay hours

Cons

the pay was unreliable many did not get paid

"WAH-Customer Service"

Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Agent in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Agent in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home (so many pros to that), Supervisors are encouraging and helpful, Training is a good experience, You are encouraged to take your breaks and lunches even if you missed your allotted times because of a call, the customers are mostly wonderful, easy to navigate and manage your schedule, time off, shift swaps, etc. There is a lot of opportunity to move up! I enjoyed my seasonal time working for Amazon and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Cons

I worked a late shift, which was difficult on my family, and I was a seasonal employee and always stressed about whether I might become a blue badge employee. I had that hanging over my head for six months, and the stress of hoping to perform well enough, and the hours weighed on me and my metrics toward the end suffered. Working from home can also get kind of lonely, and sometimes those long winded customers that are also lonely become a welcome part of the job (but you must professionally and politely stay on task and wrap it up for the next caller).

Advice to Management

Many of my customers were unhappy that their calls were redirected to the Philippines and not because they were unhappy with their service, but mainly because of communication. The customers, even the most polite ones, felt anxiety about speaking with an individual that they felt weren't quite able to understand their issue. One of the goals of Amazon CS is to decrease customer effort, but this scenario creates a lot of tension because the customer is not even sure if they can ask to speak with an English representative. They don't want to hurt feelings or step on toes. There are also customers whom have no problem with hurting feelings and stepping on toes, and I have felt incredibly bad for those working in the Philippines call centers.

I also listened to complaints from sellers, whom lost their "free" seller support. This is something that I feel needs to be corrected, to maintain and encourage sellers toward increasing their business and the over-all experience for customers whom purchase from all the third party sellers.

Third party seller issues is a biggie in the land of the lowly customer service agent. The company likely loses a lot of customers over the holidays due to sellers whom never deliver the product and bank on our customer's dime. I'm not certain what the vetting process is for sellers, but it truly hurts the third party sellers that are actually great, and also hurts the company overall. During the holiday season, this practice is especially common.

Addressing some of these seemingly preventable issues would create a better environment for customers and make Amazon customer service one of the best in the world. Because the customer service agents are spectacular and enjoy helping people.

6. "Delivery Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good pay and easy job when they are not changing policies and the equipment is working.

Cons

Policy Changes everyday and the AMZL team gets an attitude when you ask them something. Packages are miss sorted which makes you have to dig for one package in several bags. Some packages not received at hub so you have to call in and get it fixed which takes up a lot of your time. Routing gives you little travel time to get from one delivery to the other and apartments are the worst. The rabbit (scanner) has major issues. Routing gets messed up and it goes down all the time. I could go on and on but I will not. My advise, not worth it.

Advice to Management

Treat your contracted drivers with respect. Listen to what they are telling you. They are the boots on the ground dealing with the issues.

7. "BNA5 Amazon Logistics AMZL Associate"

Current Employee - AMZL Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - AMZL Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, light work and competitive pay.

Cons

As a part time employee it's difficult for promotion opportunities. Part time 20 hours to 30 hours weekly. Very difficult to average 30 hours.

8. "Inventory Control"

Former Employee - Inventory Control in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Inventory Control in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

4 day work week. Great benefits.

Cons

10 hour days and some 50 to 60 hour weeks in December

9. "Full of unorganized management and underage gossip."

Former Contractor - FC Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Contractor - FC Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was cool and they always had gift cards for working a certain amount of overtime.

Cons

The breakroom TV was ALWAYS on CNN and you weren't "allowed" to change the channel. CNN all damn day long.

10. "Seasonal worker"

Former Employee - Floor Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Floor Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

the pay was good which is the most you could hope for with the type of work i was doing there. Management did their best to be personable despite little personal interaction.

Cons

The work was mind numbing. Literally with in a year i don't see how a robot won't be doing it. You rarely actually deal with the management.

Advice to Management

Find a way to make the work on the floor more manageable. Its hard despite the short 4 hour shifts to make it through the day.

Showing 25 of 21,730 reviews