Amazon Reviews in Nashville, TN | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse (in 2255 reviews)

• No work life - personal life balance (in 466 reviews)

1. "Excellent and flexible working hours."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work on your own time
    Excellent rate
    Friendly staff

Cons

Don't have a specific working hours. Sometimes you don't have a supervisor telling you what to do and how to do your work.

Advice to Management

Try to establish to smaller island to promote employment for college students.

2. "Part-Time Sortation Associate"

Former Employee - Part-Time Sortation Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Part-Time Sortation Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible Hours and Free Pizza when it's overtime.
    Good Paid.

Cons

Overtime is so often and required.
    Some people working at wrapper are so lazy

3. "Competitive Business"

Former Employee - L4 Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - L4 Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay, time off options, incentives, flexibility, career advancement opportunities

Cons

HR, politics, lots of competition

Advice to Management

Be more self critical

"It could be fine in the short-term, if you need something fast"

Former Employee - Seasonal Part-Time Sortation Associate in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Seasonal Part-Time Sortation Associate in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is okay for the work. You can do your work and leave without thinking about it anymore, assuming you aren't injured on the job. Plenty of opportunities for extra shifts, before the 30 hour point.

Cons

The pay is not okay for the work. Breaks are 1 per shift, 15 minutes long, including five minutes walking there, five minutes walking back. Effectively a five minute break. The work pace is hard/impossible if you're actually trying to move packages effectively. Management fosters zero positive relations. Concerns are brushed off. HR doesn't handle anything in a substantial way, and may even lose your resignation form. Using the bathroom is discouraged. To keep sortation lines clear, you must move boxes quickly, but you cannot meet the required scanning rate unless you consistently ignore boxes and only scan jiffies/envelopes. Very few people care about building safe pallets. You are reduced to your rate numbers. You mean nothing to a manager. You are only a number. They very clear want to automate your role as soon as possible.

Advice to Management

Give actual change in response to issues written on the concern board. Make sure workers know their supervisor. Have supervisors perform actual work, rather than only criticize. Do not discourage bathroom breaks. Encourage safety by not discouraging safe pallets. Saying you want safe pallets is not enough when you go around during the shift criticizing people for good pallets because their rate suffers. Lengthen breaks to an adequate time. Pay attention to your workers. Have actually positive employee-manager relations. Please, just treat your workers like people.

5. "Sortation Associate"

Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time

Pros

Flexible hours - you choose your hours when you're hired
    Easy work - scanning boxes is mindless and no one is breathing down your neck

Cons

Not a job for people who don't like to walk/aren't active.

6. "Give and Take"

Current Employee - Full Time in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Full Time in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great health insurance and lots of time off options- unpaid which works because I need to work full time but I'm also a student.

Cons

The corporate culture, rampant favoritism and a lack of communication with employees

7. "Area Manager"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits and pay. Interview process was fun.

Cons

Employment at will. HR is not helpful. Not protected from retaliation.

Advice to Management

Give ongoing feedback. Support subordinates with their needs and guide/coach them through difficult situations. Listen if they have concerns. Foster growth and development

8. "Seasonal sortation"

Current Employee - Seasonal Sortation in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Seasonal Sortation in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good hours pay is ok but was promised more then I receive

Cons

Unsure of job status after seasonal no benefits till permanent or full time

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do

9. "delivery"

Former Employee - Delivery in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Delivery in Nashville, TN

Pros

flexible hours, friendly coworkers , okay hours

Cons

the pay was unreliable many did not get paid

"WAH-Customer Service"

Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Agent in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - WAH Customer Service Agent in Nashville, TN

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home (so many pros to that), Supervisors are encouraging and helpful, Training is a good experience, You are encouraged to take your breaks and lunches even if you missed your allotted times because of a call, the customers are mostly wonderful, easy to navigate and manage your schedule, time off, shift swaps, etc. There is a lot of opportunity to move up! I enjoyed my seasonal time working for Amazon and would do it again in a heartbeat!

Cons

I worked a late shift, which was difficult on my family, and I was a seasonal employee and always stressed about whether I might become a blue badge employee. I had that hanging over my head for six months, and the stress of hoping to perform well enough, and the hours weighed on me and my metrics toward the end suffered. Working from home can also get kind of lonely, and sometimes those long winded customers that are also lonely become a welcome part of the job (but you must professionally and politely stay on task and wrap it up for the next caller).

Advice to Management

Many of my customers were unhappy that their calls were redirected to the Philippines and not because they were unhappy with their service, but mainly because of communication. The customers, even the most polite ones, felt anxiety about speaking with an individual that they felt weren't quite able to understand their issue. One of the goals of Amazon CS is to decrease customer effort, but this scenario creates a lot of tension because the customer is not even sure if they can ask to speak with an English representative. They don't want to hurt feelings or step on toes. There are also customers whom have no problem with hurting feelings and stepping on toes, and I have felt incredibly bad for those working in the Philippines call centers.

I also listened to complaints from sellers, whom lost their "free" seller support. This is something that I feel needs to be corrected, to maintain and encourage sellers toward increasing their business and the over-all experience for customers whom purchase from all the third party sellers.

Third party seller issues is a biggie in the land of the lowly customer service agent. The company likely loses a lot of customers over the holidays due to sellers whom never deliver the product and bank on our customer's dime. I'm not certain what the vetting process is for sellers, but it truly hurts the third party sellers that are actually great, and also hurts the company overall. During the holiday season, this practice is especially common.

Addressing some of these seemingly preventable issues would create a better environment for customers and make Amazon customer service one of the best in the world. Because the customer service agents are spectacular and enjoy helping people.

Showing 30 of 23,755 reviews