Amazon Reviews in Nevada | Glassdoor

1.0
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • We get to learn a lot of things on the job (in 410 reviews)

• It really depends on the individual employees to maintain the work-life balance (in 319 reviews)

1. "Warehouse"

Current Employee - Processor in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Processor in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is good

Cons

HR will never do anything to help you fix any problems you might have at work. I mean any problems you might have at work. There job there is pointless. I tried talking to them about a problem about discrimination towards a handicap and they just said we can't do any thing about it. Now that's a real real big shame because I work really hard at work to just be told I'm very sorry we can't help you people with your problem's. Now if I was in his shoes I wouldn't of said, and I quote, we can't help you PEOPLE, and I'm thinking did he just tell me you people, that shocked me that he said that, because I would expect that if your talking to Your Main HR Representative you would be treated with respect but I guess in this occasion it seems fine for him to discriminate myself because of my accident I had years ago and the only treatment I have for my missing fingers would be using marijuana because it became legal in January 2017 in Las Vegas Nevada I thought I would see if it helps with the pain I get in my hand and sin's I do work with both my hand's I would expect that it would help with the pain and it has very well. But I guess in occasion to his status it's not following policy what kind of policy has to tell you how to live your life in pain or no pain,
    Job or no job. Please if theres any one with love in there harts please pary for me I don't know what will happen. I'm not some kid looking to have fun, I'm just a 28 year old father of two beautiful baby girl and boy and my wife trying to get thru life with Amazon as are income and it not working as we hoped. Know where not perfect but I don't have to be treated like a criminal or like I broke the law.
    If anybody has any feedback be greatly appreciated thank you very much.

Advice to Management

Please find some one that knows what there saying so this never has to happen to any one.

"Run fast, run hard, never look back"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The benefits happen to be the only positive here and NOT worth it

Cons

NO practical training
    No support
    80 hour work weeks
    No work life balance
    No coaching
    Place is like a cult
    Managers are mistreated
    Associates can lie and HR believes them without ever checking facts
    Worst place I have ever worked

Advice to Management

Listen to your leaders and realize employees don't always tell the truth. Train leaders in the business before throwing them to the blood and life sucking wolves

"Hiring process the worst"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Absolutely nothing
    Not organized
    Hiring process is the bottom worst
    A monkey could do these jobs
    Contact is 0

Cons

Everything and above
    No structure
    Company will end badly
    Not for real workers
    Las2 is a joke

Advice to Management

Hire employees like any other good company...don't let them stand by for 3 months then with draw there application

"Icqa"

Former Employee - ICQA in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - ICQA in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time

Pros

They will easily hire anyone to work for them. All you have to do is pass a spit drug test and you're in- which says a lot about the staff.

Cons

There is nothing good about this company. It's basically crude slave labor; employees are pushed to work past the ethical threshold for manual labor. The harsh working conditions actual weigh in peoples' health- skin conditions and breakouts, breathing problems from fumes and micro materials found in the air, and hair loss. The employees are treated badly by management and HR. They are forced to work through their break time because if they are 1 minute late - which happens if you have to walk the half mile to go to the bathroom- or step away to use the restroom at any given time they are punished - written up. Awful company all and all.

Advice to Management

They need to practice and enforce basic human rights and federal working condition laws.

"Terrible place to work"

Former Employee - Order Picker in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Order Picker in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None that I can think of other than that if you are desperate for work they will hire anyone who is not o drugs or can fake a drug test.

Cons

Very hard work. Not really worth the money. You're better off going to school and getting a real job than working in this warehouse. I did not enjoy this job

Advice to Management

I think that you are doing the best you can with a very hard job. I would never want to be in your shoes.

"warehouse associate"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in North Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in North Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Amazon (More than 3 years)

Pros

the vacation package is good plus they offer 48 hours of personal time off and also offer unpaid time off.

Cons

you get treated like a slave They hire new managers every year because they don't have a very good hiring system. most managers don't make it 18 months. if you are a suck up this job is perfect for you.

Advice to Management

listen to the employees they are the ones that are actually doing the work. if you want a better solution to a problem they can help

"Would not recommend"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Reno, NV

Pros

The only pros I can think of are the benefits package, discounts as an employee and the onsite medical facility.

Cons

Near impossible goals to reach, hard to go up in the company, the pay is too low for the job you are asked to do.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees

"Terrible"

Former Employee - Amazon Area Manager in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Amazon Area Manager in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay. Nothing else was pleasant there.

Cons

Everything else. There is a reason they are known as a company that chews on their people.

Advice to Management

Utilize your lower management. Don't abuse them.

"Look elsewhere for a job."

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Fernley, NV
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Fernley, NV

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pay...tolerable. Benefits...just acceptable. Good place to work to see what's out on the market...product wise.

Cons

Extremely unsafe working environment...they address safety hazards by creating them. Management has an abusive attitude to labor...they use threat and duress as motivation. Mandatory OT...no excuse for it. Favoritism and discrimination guide advancement.

Advice to Management

Wake up! Were not in the 19th century anymore. Labor is not your adversary unless you treat them as such.

"Not So Glamorous"

Former Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Area Manager in Fernley, NV

Pros

Decent pay, decent benefits. You can move up in the ranks if you are willing to throw people under the bus and use buzz words such as green-belt, six-sigma, standard deviation even though you don't really understand them completely.

Cons

Company motivates employees with fear and pressure. Senior management pressures associates and managers to just get the job done without offering any help or guidence. This is because the system is broken and they don't have the answers either. But instead of realizing this, they will throw you under the bus any chance they get because they fear for their reputation.

Because the business model of Amazon includes very tight margins on their products, the company tries to save money everywhere; as a result, the facilities are run like sweat shops and associates are treated like slaves. In addition, equipment is very rickety and often creates safety hazards for workers.

While the pay is decent, as a manager you will end up working so much overtime that your salary will be comparable to an hourly associate's (again, part of the business plan to cut costs). The retention rate for Area Managers is ridiculous--something like 2-3 months. And the reason they like to hire military is because they know veterans are likely to put up with more crap than their civilian coutnerparts. My guess is if they didn't hire military, the retention rate would be right at about 1 week.

Don't be fooled by the name Amazon and the appeal that it seems to carry because it is an "innovative" dot com company. Instead, think "Online Walmart" who is actually one of their biggest (if not biggest) competitors.

Advice to Management

There's really no hope. My advice would be to get a new job if you believe in karma or would like to have a clear conscience.

Showing 11 of 18,237 reviews