Amazon Reviews in Nevada | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Pros
  • Learn a lot of things and good working environment (in 335 reviews)

• There are a lot of smart people in aws (in 753 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is a challenge (in 1487 reviews)

• No work life balance around the holidays (in 317 reviews)

1. "This could have been a decent job"

Former Employee - Process Assistant in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Process Assistant in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hard work and fair pay. Great exercise in a fun and competitive environment. Lots of opportunities to learn new job skills and areas if you apply yourself.

Cons

They do little to nothing to recognize excellence, education or experience but are quick to point out faults or fire anyone who underperforms even one time or steps out of line. They higher a lot of green managers with meaningless degrees and zero experience and rarely promote qualified and proven existing employees. You are better off joining Amazon through a college job fair than proving yourself through your work efforts.

Advice to Management

Cultivate and reward the talent that you have. Stop looking outwards for what you already have within. Lose the US and them attitude that separates management from the work force and promote unity by recognizing the performers around you that make you successful.

2. "Flex driver in Las Vegas UNLV1"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Henderson, NV
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Henderson, NV

Pros

The money that is just about it. The ability to make your own schedule as well, and chatting with Rusty who is cool as heck

Cons

Constant ware and tare on your car. Constant construction going on so have to drive more just to make deliveries on time. They will terminate you even tho you have a reason why with police records, hospital records, or etc. I has my car broken into so my phone, cash, and other things was taken. I had no idea that I had to be at work on Sunday which was a new week. I have a police report on Saturday. I received an email from amazon telling me I missed my block and etc. I responded with my reason stating allow me to make it up. They responded telling me it will not reflect on my rating. I went into work that Friday 8hr drive day. I go home get another email telling me I was terminated for missing deliver blocks. So I work and they fire me after telling me I was okay in a prior email. Going to labor board and attorney to seek damages with my police reports.

Advice to Management

There are no managers to speak too. Only email.

3. "warehouse work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Pros

Decent warehouse job for the area. Nothing is that difficult and the pay is ok. I got along with co workers easily. overtime is a possibility.

Cons

The job entails a lot of physical movement and exercision. This along with long shifts can take a toll on your body.

Advice to Management

More respect could be paid to the employees.

"Only if you really Need a Job"

Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Putting in overtime, your check look nice.

Cons

Standing basically in the same spot for 9 1/2 hours and the reptition using your hands, you start to notice carpa ltunnel aches that last for days.

"Great company, if you like backstabbers"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good starting pay and overall compensation package, and the work really isn't that difficult. I started as a tier 1, and by the good graces of having a great facilities boss, I got pulled out of production and put into a facilities track where I was able to progress to Level 4 hourly.

Cons

Level 4 hourly is where it stalled. Despite never getting written up in almost 6 years, and despite leading the facilities team in my boss's absence for weeks on end, I was told I didn't have leadership skills to take the next step. That same day, I got suspended, then terminated for a category 1 safety infraction, while doing a job that wasn't mine to do, because no one else was doing it and it needed to be done. That on 2 hours of sleep after getting lambasted by the site leader for something else that wasn't my responsibility, but the responsibility of operations, loss prevention, and the custodial crew. Arrogance and lack of respect are common traits of upper management at Amazon, and especially at LAS2.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horses. You put your pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us, and some of us have been doing it a lot longer than you have. A little respect goes a long way. Some of you give no respect whatsoever.

"Amazon"

Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Fulfillment Associate in Reno, NV

Pros

Stocks, co-workers, hours, regular raises for first three years, 3-day weekends, flexibility of shifts, overtime during holidays, time off system.

Cons

Management, there are a lot of times where performance is hindered by situation and rate requirements are often not adjusted even when the situation is a process issue and not the employee, very unsafe due to people trying to hit numbers to keep their jobs during these situations, write-ups are often given for performance instead of quality unless in ICQA, lots of favoritism, hard to get trained for certain things.

Advice to Management

Quality should come before numbers as well as safety, train more people in more things, stop lying.

8. "Amazon.com"

Former Employee - Picker in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Picker in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You work alone, at your own pace... almost. This is speaking as a Picker, you get to know about interesting stuff as well because of the diversity of items you see. Prepare to walk, a lot.

Cons

Lots of walking.
    Lonely.
    No cell phones/music players.

Advice to Management

Be more supportive.

9. "Manifest Clerk - generated BOL's, monitored work flow via computer system, ensured timely release of trailers."

Former Employee - Manifest Clerk in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Manifest Clerk in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Worked in a team environment to complete timely loading and departure of trailers. This was a challenging position which used full resources of my knowledge plus encouraged me to learn new skills.

Cons

This Amazon.com facility was a "Learning Facility" for up and coming managers. As a result there was a large number of turn over in managers caused by promotions.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your employees

"So much for "attack the process, not the person"."

Former Employee - Support Staff in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Support Staff in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Competative pay
    Good benefits
    A few decent people still work there.

Cons

Shady operation- when something doesn't work, they don't look at the broken pieces, they blame the people rather than work with them to correct the problem.

Advice to Management

Don't play the double jeopardy game (have a corrective discussion with the employee then turn around and write them up for the same issue that had already been discussed and corrected). Also, quit changing policies just because you're not getting the results you want. Give the current policies a chance to take hold and results to happen.

"Pathways Program a joke"

Former Employee - Operations Manager in Fernley, NV
    Former Employee - Operations Manager in Fernley, NV

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Signing Bonus*- Or so its called. It's actually your stock grant for the next 4 years. Its a nice chunk of change assuming the stock price stays absurdly high. If it comes down to the rest of the market, your SOL.

Cons

Turn-style of management. Complete unfocused. All projects are flavor of the month for pathways guys to make their presentation to the VP. None of the projects actually sticks. Its all about numbers, but you aren't allowed to influence them using known best practices in the industry.If you are willing to lie, cheat and eat your young, you can move up...where there are bigger lies, cheats and canibals.

Advice to Management

Build talent, don't try to hire it. Revamp the 'forced curve' evaluation program (aka Popularity contest and Pathways promotion point.

Showing 12 of 13,323 reviews