Amazon Reviews in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

3.4
Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Get chance to learn a lot while working on a real world problem (in 425 reviews)

• It really depends on the individual employees to maintain the work-life balance (in 339 reviews)

Cons
  • Work life balance is not easy to maintain (in 1970 reviews)

• There is nearly no work life balance (in 422 reviews)

1. "I like my job"

Current Employee - Sort Center Fulfillment Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Sort Center Fulfillment Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon part-time

Pros

I think the best things about working here is the shift times ,the wage and the fact that you can request to work any schedule to suit your needs. I work three doubles and am off 4 days. Shifts here are 4hr and being p\t I can only work up to 6 shifts a week. I was originally a p\t seasonal employee but when conversion to blue badge was offered,I was only 2days past my 90 and was sitting on 4 attendance points . Conversion was only open for 1 week,I put in for it and was hired. My wage went up and I have better benefits. My job is a fulfillment associate 1 in the sort center. I basically put boxes and packages on pallets that will be sent to various post offices for delivery. It is hard work and you are walking ,walking, walking . You do have a quota and you will slim down and firm up.

Cons

Working your bottom off while a lot of the young people barely work and talk the whole shift. Another con is some of the people who think they have more authority than they do and can be very rude.There is way too many passive aggressive people here,it can get on your nerves. Another thing that irritates me is when they call VTO ,people leave and then the rest of us get a longer shift

Advice to Management

Separate these "teams" that seem to be on every line together, and let people do things the way they are comfortable with Amazon is all about speed if an associate finds a way to do something fast why make a big production about doing it the way the PA says is the only way

2. "National Operations Center (NOC)"

Current Employee - Outbound Transportation in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Outbound Transportation in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great communication on training and great atmosphere in the work place.

Cons

No cons they work with you in all types of situations and help you resolve they do not just tell you do it this way or that way they walk you through the problem

Advice to Management

Keep it up

3. "ICQA"

Former Employee - ICQA in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - ICQA in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits good pay good hours and a fun place to work.

Cons

no cons greatest company ever

Advice to Management

great managment

4. "Chaotic mess- dont work at phx6 warehouse"

Former Employee - Fullfilment Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Fullfilment Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was a very simple job to learn

Cons

Horrible training at phx6. The job itself was easy, but by day three they expect you to know where to go. I had a horrible ambassador training the first day who kept saying they'd talk about or show us that later when we had any questions yet by day three I still had no idea where to go to know where my drop zone was to start shift etc. There was one ambassador who was amazing, Cliff, and if I had him doing our tour the first day I 'm sure I would have lasted longer and known where to go etc. It was so chaotic and a lot of hurry up and wait the first day. They told we could get a locker on our break or lunch the first day, but by day three no one had told us where/how to get a locker, we never got a tour of facilities besides a "safety tour" showing us where to go in an emergency. By day three I still had no idea where to put my lunch or how to use the computer/register thing in break room if I wanted to buy a drink etc. After working at this warehouse, I will never buy anything on Amazon again. The products are so unorganized and randomly stuffed into containers. You would think they would have things organized by product in such a large warehouse and on the first day I tried to make the containers I was working in more organized and easy for the pickers to grab product, but by day two I understood why everything was crammed. All they care about is productivity and you have less then 30 seconds to find a spot for an item even if it is bigger than a shoebox and there is literally no room for it any overstuffed crammed container, therefore the stowers are forced to cram it anywhere they can with no care for preserving the products. Of the six "problem solvers" I dealt with in training the first two days, maybe two of them were actually helpful and friendly. The rest were rude and arrogant and treated us like we were idiots if we had questions the first day ever working. I know employees at other warehouses who actually got full tours their first day as well as shirts and lockers. I definitely would recommend avoiding PHX-6 at all cost unless you want to work in a zoo with rude ambassadors and problems solvers.

Advice to Management

Better training and provide more information to new employees, it will go along way in retaining good employees who would love to work with ya'all. Overhaul the stowing process with more organization and more realistic expectations to actually keep the products undamaged and of value.

"Good company"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, friendly people, great work perks.

Cons

Must have college degree no matter experience to become management

"Picker"

Current Employee - Picker in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Picker in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The health benefits are the only reason I work here.

Cons

I've been working for 4 years at an Amazon warehouse. They expect you to work harder everyday. As a picker you must chase orders for 10 hours shift, walking over 14 miles per day. By doing repetitive movement it can cause you back problems as Scoliosis, which I was diagnosed 2 months ago. The worst part is to see new people getting writte ups for not making rate on their second day of works.

7. "Power"

Former Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Human Resources in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Benefits
    Pay
    A chance to take charge of initiatives from beginning to end

Cons

Office politics
    Lack of team atmosphere- look out for yourself
    Favoritism- when your rub your boss the wrong way consider a target on your back

Advice to Management

Lead better- practice humility, mindfulness, and unconscious bias.

8. "It's Always Day One!"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Account Manager in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Full of opportunities every day. Maniacal customer focus. You have input into the tools and processes to make Amazon better. Great compensation package.

Cons

Due to the rapid and constant state of change, may be difficult for some to get in stride.

Advice to Management

Resist the urge to conform to the way our competitors do business. Day One is why we're in the news every day.

9. "If you work hard you can grow within the company. Also lots of favoritism."

Current Employee - Centralized Flow Lead in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Centralized Flow Lead in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

biggest company in the world. pays well if you get a higher position.

Cons

Amazon treats lower level employees like garbage. there is no moral working in the fulfillment center.

Advice to Management

employees are human not machines.

10. "The inhouse safety staff are clueless"

Former Contractor - Maintenance Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Contractor - Maintenance Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I CANNOT think of anything!!!!!

Cons

Great there outside contractors like dirt!!!!

Advice to Management

Get REAL. Make it about people and not all profit!!!!!!

Showing 220 of 19,339 reviews