Amazon Reviews in Pittsburgh, PA | Glassdoor

3.6
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos
Cons
  1. "Excited about the opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Program Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

One thing to call out is that as Amazon is a large company, your experiences will vary based on your team. I have largely only had positive experiences and am very happy I made the transition to work at Amazon. Some of the pros I've experiences: - I am constantly challenged by incredibly smart and hard-working individuals, the culture embraces learning new things and stretching yourself - I've been given significant...

Cons

- There isn't much sharing across teams in the company. I find out about what other teams are doing in the public news. - While benefits are very good compared to most companies, we're behind other tech companies. Having some support for childcare would be appreciated and make a difference.

Advice to Management

Try to keep the culture consistently focused on the Leadership Principles, it's a great place to work.

"Good pay, Great stock and Bad Benefits"

Current Employee - Software Development Engineer-II in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Amazon full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

+ Great base pay. + Mostly nice and mostly very smart coworkers. This may vary depending on the org. In my experience high growth orgs like Alexa have top tier talent. + Dog friendly! + Leaders who genuinely believe in the company and have the Amazon customer centric culture embedded in them + High growth stock + Great relocation bonus + Easy, open internal transfer policy

Cons

- Sh*tty benefits. No meals/snacks nothing. Sub-par 401k match. - Hiring bar is inconsistent. You might run into folks that are not technically competent - Opinionated a-holes get promoted often. Difficult to work with. - Compensation structure is troublesome. Backloaded stock vesting means you have to stay at the company for at least 3 years before you see some real RSUs - Does not foster a friendly, tight knit work...

Advice to Management

Team building needs to be at the core of the Amazon culture. Benefits need to be more compelling. Attrition rate needs to be managed better.

"I Get Paid to Sweat"

Current Employee - Sortation Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Amazon part-time for more than a year

Pros

1) Physically demanding job is a good workout and I've lost a pant size in the first few months (while craving & eating carbs and ice cream to boot!) 2) Rules are fairly easy to follow so I feel like I've done a good job most of the time. 3) There are so many people on a shift that I find the hard working people, like me, and ignore the other, lazier, ones. 4) Some managers are really good at telling us we've done...

Cons

Management styles vary and some are rather untrained so that it hurts to be in their area for a shift. Some just deliver general yelling of commands like we are a bunch of dumb cattle or bad children who need to be scolded. I don't perform well when being belittled.

Advice to Management

Think about how you like to be treated and give us your best side. Eye contact is important for good communication. Explanations go a long way - why something should be done a certain way rather than 'just do it'.)

4. "Easiest job ever"

Former Employee - Warehouse Associate in Sewickley, PA

I worked at Amazon part-time for more than a year

Pros

The work, while steady is incredibly simple, hours are flexible. Never had a problem taking a day off, working part of a shift or picking up a shift. Staff is friendly, able to learn multiple positions if willing.

Cons

The point system needs revamped

5. "Amazon"

Current Employee - Part Time Package Handler in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Amazon part-time for more than 2 years

Pros

You get to wear what ever you want.

Cons

It gets cold sometimes depending on where you live. HR arent to reliable and will fire you ASAP. Cafeteria dont have much food.

Advice to Management

Be around more its hard to find a manager at times and take consideration of the employees.

6. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Rental Sales Associate Condos and Offices in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Very strong people skills. Others follow what i suggest. Ive sent alit of clients to retailers i follow.

Cons

Try to sale and more. Return less.

Advice to Management

People are always first in opinions of items are others. Be humble make and keep customer happy. Word of mouth can destroy a business.

7. "It is certainly enjoyable and Flexible, as there is a lot to learn however growth opportunities seem minimal."

Former Employee - Associate in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Amazon part-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is very flexible and enjoyable. You get to meet a lot of interesting people and learn about core operations.

Cons

Sometimes they seem to have unrealistic expectations and the growth chance seem minimal also.

"It was very misleading and unorganized, they play with employees time and expectations."

Former Employee - VCS Agent in Home, PA

I worked at Amazon full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really don't see any except callers were generally nice.

Cons

No regards for employees needs.

Advice to Management

You run a big company and want almost unreal results, at least for VCS, provide better systems or allow people to use their own, have the tools ready and going when the agents need them, and if they're not, then don't demand them of such results, it puts a bad experience for employees and customers alike. And please do not play with your employees expectations (that you previously set), time and emotional health.

9. "Warehouse associate"

Former Employee - Associate in Penn, PA

I worked at Amazon for more than 2 years

Pros

It offers Good pay great flexibility it is a good place to practice Teamwork

Cons

Can be exhausting and hectic work

Advice to Management

hear your associates more

"Your just a number"

Former Employee - Amazon Flex Driver in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Amazon

Pros

Work when you want, good pay, don’t have to deal with customers

Cons

After you are with the Flex program over 5 months you don’t see the blocks the brand new drivers see, warehouse workers well most don’t care about you, your just another number to Amazon, if you have a issue & contact Amazon support you get a scripted response, use your own car & gas

Advice to Management

Treat veteran drivers who produce well as good as you do brand new drivers. I’ve seen so many hard working reliable drivers get deactivated for absolutely nothing. Don’t blame the drivers for stolen packages.

Found 32 reviews