Amazon Retail Customer Service Representative Reviews | Glassdoor

Amazon Chairman, President, and CEO Jeff Bezos
Jeff Bezos

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Work/life balance seems comparable to other places I've worked - not worse" (in 2476 reviews)

• "I have no work life balance issues" (in 516 reviews)

"Best Customer Service Job in 25 Year Career!"

Current Employee - P2 Retail Prime Now Customer Service Representative in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Amazon part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, focus on one call resolution, caring management, encourage out of box thinking, employee discount

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunity for part time associates, can be high volume, always changing atmosphere

Advice to Management

Part time associates want opportunity for advancement, too. Not everyone can work a full time schedule. Sadly, many talents are wasted by under utilizing the part time CSRs. Take the advice given by experienced reps, and find ways to avoid duplication of efforts. Also, if CSRs see a trend, please give us the benefit of knowing what we are talking about. Continue making the W@H reps feel like part of the team! Knowing we aren't alone makes all the difference on rough days.

2. "Kindle Tier 2 Tech."

Former Employee - Kindle Technical Support & Retail/Customer Service Representative in Huntington, WV

I worked at Amazon (More than a year)

Pros

Good environment, nice products and simple rules

Cons

Court not excusable for time off work so save your time for court if you ever have to go.

Advice to Management

get rehires back if it is due to just attendance allow them to come back. if it is for something serious then dont allow them to come back, or just forgive and forget, give a 1 year wait period and allow them to come back. I Was a top 50 for 3 months.

3. "Retail Customer Service Rep"

Former Employee - Retail Customer Service Representative in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I worked at Amazon full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great organizational environment, full benefits, they trust on you, you can be yourself

Cons

None, compare to other jobs in my experience..

Advice to Management

To improve your filter selection before hire permanent and seasonal employes

"Amazon and transportation"

Current Contractor - Retail Customer Service Representative in Heredia (Costa Rica)

I have been working at Amazon as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

During training you have transportation to almost everywhere in Costa Rica

Cons

After training you are on your own.

Advice to Management

Please hire internal people to handle the transportation, instead of paying some external companies that doesn't understand the business and the employees needs.